Opinion Is Nathan Foley's goose finally cooked?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre season is a funny time, we laud blokes on a performance or two as future stars and put a cross through others. Come the season proper however the two sometimes reverse. Axel according to RFC reports is flying and had a great pre season for a change. On the track in p1 & p2 the jury is far from convinced.

Taking into account his axing from the side in the final last year I think the writing is on the wall for axel and unless he goes up a gear or adds a string to his bow then his time may be limited.

He is now competing with kids for a spot compared to walking into the 22 just a few years ago. Wouldn't at all be surprised that he pulls the pin before the end of the year.

Axel's best shits all over any of these cubs currently snapping at his heels. This bloke could charge out of the centre full-steam and hit a forward on the teet with regularity, if he wasn't kicking the goal himself. He's a play maker and one of the few mids who actually lowers his vision when approaching the F50 instead of mindlessly hoofing it in that direction. Show 'em all Nathan.

Wouldn't write him off yet.

Saying that, I hope he plays a role rather than stands out as a star, as that will mean others in our midfield will have lifted.

Honestly, I think we can push top 4, but I haven't many concerns for our midfield.
Foley is good depth.
I have more concerns with defence. Hopefully unfounded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Axel's best shits all over any of these cubs currently snapping at his heels. This bloke could charge out of the centre full-steam and hit a forward on the teet with regularity, if he wasn't kicking the goal himself. He's a play maker and one of the few mids who actually lowers his vision when approaching the F50 instead of mindlessly hoofing it in that direction. Show 'em all Nathan.
You're 100% correct. Only problem is we haven't seen his best for three years now. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever see the old Foley.

Not a chance. Backing him in to be top 10 in our bnf at the end of the year if he can stay fit.

Unfortunately I think so. He was a fav of mine. Will have to develop a gut running game, as he doesnt have the attributes to play a typical hff player. his kicking is not fantastic in accuracy or depth. At least him being fighting fit gives him half a chance.

You're 100% correct. Only problem is we haven't seen his best for three years now. Unfortunately I don't think we will ever see the old Foley.

That's the issue - he looks like he's lost the yard of pace which gave home the acceleration to burst from a pack and the in and under work was never his X factor - it was his clearance and inside 50 work.
One thing you can't argue - at his best we would have an elite midfield with Dusty, lids, Cotchin supported by Conca, Ellis, Jackson and Vlas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back