Prediction It's Time for Zippedy Doedee!!

Should we debut Doedee this week

• Yes

Votes: 63 49.2%
  • Of course

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Should have played last week

Votes: 14 10.9%
  • I wanted Ryan Burton and am still miserable and can't support this lad.

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Does a bear s**t in the woods?

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • Yes yes yes

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I can't believe you're even asking. YES.

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's right ... But im saying if lever were still here doedee would be delisted by years end.. . And we got 2 1sts.

Hard to say, we probably would have persisted for another year but you could really make the case for either.

Hard to say, we probably would have persisted for another year but you could really make the case for either.
yeah maybe 'would' is not the right word ... but instead of looking at a wigg scenario ... as mentioned we get a talia scenario... we shall see, but im confident so far that doedee looks the goods.

yeah maybe 'would' is not the right word ... but instead of looking at a wigg scenario ... as mentioned we get a talia scenario... we shall see, but im confident so far that doedee looks the goods.

Oh so am I with Doedee, the issue would have been positions though seeing Lever blocks his main path into the side.

Of course, where he is lucky is mid sized defenders are usually a couple of poor games away from the axe.

From the AFC site:
Doedee was a first-round draft selection in the 2015 AFL National Draft (No. 17 overall), with the athletic defender recently completing his first pre-season at the Club.”
No wonder he hasn’t played yet. What’s he been doing preseason for 3 years?

From the AFC site:
Doedee was a first-round draft selection in the 2015 AFL National Draft (No. 17 overall), with the athletic defender recently completing his first pre-season at the Club.”
No wonder he hasn’t played yet. What’s he been doing preseason for 3 years?

He had an unfortunate habit of picking up poorly timed injuries.

Arguably was ahead of Kelly last season to replace Cheney (seeing Kelly was very much at the crossroads of his career) before injuring himself.

Hey guys sorry for the interruption but is Doedee is a rebounder who will resume the role of smith or is he more a shutdown defender?

Hey guys sorry for the interruption but is Doedee is a rebounder who will resume the role of smith or is he more a shutdown defender?
Probably Lever's role intercepting, but he probably doesn't have Lever's license to be as aggressive with the ball in hand. Looks a bit better locking down an opponent (albeit at SANFL level) than Lever, but I'm think a Jake Kelly type player to begin with.

As Gough said.....
w-ephemerasociety-org-au-702878-gough-whitlam1-e-jpg.391795

Last edited:
I thought he was pretty good in the first half despite getting ripped off a couple of times by the umpires. Once for Stewarts first goal where Doedee was clearly pushed in the back. Second time for the mark he clearly held before colliding with Matt Crouch but Stewart gets paid a mark where he clearly spilled it over the line!

I thought he was pretty good in the first half despite getting ripped off a couple of times by the umpires. Once for Stewarts first goal where Doedee was clearly pushed in the back. Second time for the mark he clearly held before colliding with Matt Crouch but Stewart gets paid a mark where he clearly spilled it over the line!
He's been great imo. Has showed quite a bit of poise in traffic. Working himself into the role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the better debuts I’ve seen for a defender from the crows so far. Looks composed and competitive despite some shocking calls against him. Got a good one here as 99% of good judges were saying.

Wonder if Melbourne will give us 2 first rounders for him ? Gotta be worth $750k too

Overall good first game. Got isolated there in the 2nd half and struggled against Stewart with the ball coming in without any semblance of pressure. Pretty solid first game for the kid. Will only get a lot better with more experience.
No different to the guy he replaced (Lever) in regard to defending a KPF. Most teams don't have three genuine KPFs.

I reckon the loss of Lever has been mitigated by Doedee. Very impressed with his first game. If we won there is a strong case for a Rising Star nomination.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No different to the guy he replaced (Lever) in regard to defending a KPF. Most teams don't have three genuine KPFs.

I reckon the loss of Lever has been mitigated by Doedee. Very impressed with his first game. If we won there is a strong case for a Rising Star nomination.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I agree. He won his fair share of one on ones as well. I wasn’t having a go at him but more at what was happening further up the ground that left Doedee helpless. There is not much more he could have possibly done.

Back