Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remind me again when it’s Ken’s birthday? ;)

a35b418214fb99a1a8e645c25348a4cd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have gone from one of the best running teams in 2014 to the exact opposite now.

Our gameplan is horrible to watch....any wonder attendance is dropping. Membership will fall next year as well imo.

WB and Richmond have won flags since we looked close in 14, here we are 4 years later treading water no matter how many talented recruits we seem to bring in.
Ohboi..

WB and Richmond have won flags since we looked close in 14, here we are 4 years later treading water no matter how many talented recruits we seem to bring in.
Ohboi..

And West Coast, who were tipped to sink off the back of the retirements of Mitchell/Priddis/Petrie are 2nd.

And Collingwood, who are coached by that dud Nathan Buckley and who've managed a constant injury list of between 10-15 players, are third.

But we will never ever give up, fam.

Oh and Richmond lost to St Kilda last year.

Our gameplan is horrible to watch....any wonder attendance is dropping. Membership will fall next year as well imo.

Ohboi..
We're in the worst of all worlds. We aren't going to win a flag, we aren't good to watch and we went in on a flag in Ken's time, that the masses now don't believe will occur, so we haven't invested heavily in the draft to have a heap of top shelf youngsters to get excited about.

Just listened to Bassett on 5AA - Don't think I ever heard a less inspiring load of drivel from a professional sports coach in my entire life. It's clear now that they accept that our skills are deplorable but have absolutely no idea on what to do to fix it. HOLY HANNAH! I'm 56 years old, I held a football for the first time 12 years ago when I came to Australia from the states and have NEVER played a game in my life. I went down to the local park and had a bit of a kick with a friends footy and was reliably able to kick the damn thing 30m in a straight line pretty consistently. HOW THE HELL DO OUR PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS MANAGE TO LINE UP 35m FROM GOAL AND END UP KICKING THE BLOODY THING AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE FROM ITS INTENDED TARGET?

We're in the worst of all worlds. We aren't going to win a flag, we aren't good to watch and we went in on a flag in Ken's time, that the masses now don't believe will occur, so we haven't invested heavily in the draft to have a heap of top shelf youngsters to get excited about.

Yeah, this is ultimately why the "bah you can't win'em all, we faced a modicum of adversity against that awful team who themselves were facing even more adversity" cop out is so galling.

By all rights, we should be in the midst of a 01-07 'serious flag tilt save for that one year when our best player's leg fell off' era, where anything less than a second week finals appearance is seen as horrific failure, and yet we're perched here looking at 13-18 panning out not unlike how Carlton would look back at 08-13.

Ah well, etc.

Will be 31 come Round 1 next year, undersized (ie, wholly reliant on athleticism), with a managed achilles issue.

Any sort of insurance policy would be prudent.
Good thing we haven't completely abandoned speed/skill and gone all in on a gameplan built around multiple stoppages/Ryders tapwork.

When he finishes up we will be bottom 4.

Just listened to Bassett on 5AA - Don't think I ever heard a less inspiring load of drivel from a professional sports coach in my entire life. It's clear now that they accept that our skills are deplorable but have absolutely no idea on what to do to fix it. HOLY HANNAH! I'm 56 years old, I held a football for the first time 12 years ago when I came to Australia from the states and have NEVER played a game in my life. I went down to the local park and had a bit of a kick with a friends footy and was reliably able to kick the damn thing 30m in a straight line pretty consistently. HOW THE HELL DO OUR PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS MANAGE TO LINE UP 35m FROM GOAL AND END UP KICKING THE BLOODY THING AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE FROM ITS INTENDED TARGET?
Oh dear. If the Hound had that effect on a voluntary radio listener like yourself, imagine how our players feel, and react, when they have no option but to try and take it in and comprehend day after day after day.
Skills come from between the ears as much as or more than anywhere else. Our guys are running on the field like inmates on temporary release from a concentration camp. The line between brain and foot or hand at present just ain’t relaxed enough to take the strain and work properly at the same time.

Geez this thread is depressing. Anyone would think we're 24th on the ladder. I'd rather be us right now than another 8-10 teams. I'm not a koolaid drinker but accept circumstances as they are. We need Paddy and Tommy badly and are hamstrung without them. We'll beat the Dogs next week, and Essendon. Mark it down. As for West Coast and the Crows 50/50. We'll make the 8. Reload and go again. All those calling for Kens head, who would you rather thats available?

As Fin Barr said, complain after the last minor round game is done. And for those not renewing your memberships........good onya!!! champs, hopefully you're one of them that sits next to me and i can have your seat for other family members next season.

Geez this thread is depressing. Anyone would think we're 24th on the ladder. I'd rather be us right now than another 8-10 teams. I'm not a koolaid drinker but accept circumstances as they are. We need Paddy and Tommy badly and are hamstrung without them. We'll beat the Dogs next week, and Essendon. Mark it down. As for West Coast and the Crows 50/50. We'll make the 8. Reload and go again. All those calling for Kens head, who would you rather thats available?

As Fin Barr said, complain after the last minor round game is done. And for those not renewing your memberships........good onya!!! champs, hopefully you're one of them that sits next to me and i can have your seat for other family members next season.
You'll do then, have a shot. Put your resume in Tribes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if the club is committed to this crap and won't act, is there any chance that they'll hold Lokan responsible amd replace? Having a capable reserves coach will keep me believing in a better future whilst the next 4 years elapse.

You'll do then, have a shot. Put your resume in Tribes.

I'm not sure anyone'd be prepared for me just letting the players take charge and play their natural games.

15+ goals, win or lose, might be enough to kill people at this point.

Look i'm not a happy camper at the moment with the club or team. I'm willing to let it ride out for a few more weeks. I honestly think we have the bullets to go deep into finals if we are all fit and firing. And the latter has gone to s**t just lately. With other contenders also falling around us, who knows. Look what happened in our 13-14 finals campaigner. We surprised many. I'm not dropping my bundle just yet. If we fall out of the eight, then yes i'll reset my thoughts. Too many Port supporters shitting the bed, thinking we are the 1970's Magpies.

Ken's presser was a pretty sombre affair. Clearly, he's frustrated and feeling the heat. You could see on his face he knows this season is slipping away. And doesn't seem to have any answers to our skill and ruck issues...

"We make it pretty hard. There’s no fairy dust. You can’t sprinkle something on it. We’ve still got some areas that hurt us, particularly one is our skill.”

Where that little fairy dust sprinkling bitch Tinkerbell be at?

“We do an enormous amount on [skill at training.] Every session we work on ball use… it’s the pressure of the game, when the pressure comes up, you’ve gotta be able to execute… we spend a-lot of time in training the fundamental breakdown of skill. We continually work at it and we continually get challenged by it. It’s obvious.”

We're bottlers, it's obvious.

“We coach a game style to work within the skill set that we have. At the moment, we’re probably sitting below the skill set that we actually have. It’s worse than it probably should be.”

We. Are. So. F@%ked.
Sounds like Ken’s lost his faith in this playing group and “coaching down” to suit. We ain’t gonna achieve s**t with such a negative approach.
Sounds exactly like what Ken says and does in hard times, blames the players skills never his dour and unsuccessful gameplan. For once i would like Ken to say I got it wrong I had a vision for a certain gameplan and it hasn't worked, so now i am going to change it. Oh to dream.

It’s been said so many times before.

And I’m going to say it again.

Renewing this guy’s contract for a FURTHER three seasons when he had not even commenced the FINAL year of his current contract at that time, on the back of three consecutive years without a finals win, is one of the most truly insipid administrative cockups of any sporting fraternity since the turn of the 20th century.

Sounds exactly like what Ken says and does in hard times, blames the players skills never his dour and unsuccessful gameplan. For once i would like Ken to say I got it wrong I had a vision for a certain gameplan and it hasn't worked, so now i am going to change it. Oh to dream.
Keep your chin up PG. You seem to be disillusioned beyond the point of repair atm. Keep supporting and you may be surprised. I know its hard right now. Maybe invest mentally a little less. Thats what i've done. Dont worry about Crows supporters. They have nothing on us. You have a massive amount to offer this board and i get depressed when you do. We'll be good. I know you post about going to games every home game. Keep doing it. You're the classic example of a true supporter and leading by example with your kids.

Look i'm not a happy camper at the moment with the club or team. I'm willing to let it ride out for a few more weeks. I honestly think we have the bullets to go deep into finals if we are all fit and firing. And the latter has gone to s**t just lately. With other contenders also falling around us, who knows. Look what happened in our 13-14 finals campaigner. We surprised many. I'm not dropping my bundle just yet. If we fall out of the eight, then yes i'll reset my thoughts. Too many Port supporters shitting the bed, thinking we are the 1970's Magpies.

What winning 2 from 5 grand finals? Is that a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back