Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens to ken if we don’t make the 8 this year?

What happens to boak, westhoff and the other half dozen old blokes?

When will we make the 8 again after our rebuild?

That’s the frank discussion to be had at the club

What happens to ken if we don’t make the 8 this year?

Nothing. His 3-year extension kicks in at the end of 2018.

What happens to boak, westhoff and the other half dozen old blokes?

They get a year closer to the [rapidly approaching] end.

When will we make the 8 again after our rebuild?

2015: didn't
2016: didn't
2017: did but lost to 8th at home
2018: didn't*
2019: probably not unless we land a Tom Lynch-calibre free agent

*according to your hypothetical

That’s the frank discussion to be had at the club

Holly Ransom will deliver a 20-minute monologue about disrupting the spherical marketplace against a burgeoning millennial paradigm quantified by the seismic post-Facebookian Snapchat shift and everyone will applaud and children will weep and Chris Davies will give a thumbs up and Jarrod "mic for hire" Walsh will tell us to raise our scarves and we'll fool ourselves into believing 2019 is our year mate.

Holly Ransom will deliver a 20-minute monologue about disrupting the spherical marketplace against a burgeoning millennial paradigm quantified by the seismic post-Facebookian Snapchat shift and everyone will applaud and children will weep and Chris Davies will give a thumbs up and Jarrod "mic for hire" Walsh will tell us to raise our scarves and we'll fool ourselves into believing 2019 is our year mate.

Early runner for POTY.

I posted this in the Media Nod's Head thread but it is also relevant here. It is an extract from a Warren Tredrea article published in The Monopoly Times last Thursday. I can recommend the article to all Port supporters.

Tredders writes ...

After last weekend’s 42-point thrashing at the hands of West Coast, Power coach Ken Hinkley said: “One side was really strong in the contest, one wasn’t.”
Words like these would embarrass a football club, especially one that has prided itself on its never-say-die attitude for over 147 years.
Last weekend’s loss to West Coast was a shocker — lacking effort, discipline and competitiveness.

and this...

Make no mistake, the Power is on notice.
Coach Ken Hinkley isn’t exempt, after being backed in by the club’s board with a huge three-year contract extension after last season’s finals capitulation against the Eagles. He must find a way to fire up his players so they perform and stay on edge.

The club’s on-field leaders are also under the microscope, too often the heavy lifting is left to too few while others go missing in action.
Talent has never been Port Adelaide’s problem. Attitude and being able to consistently bring effort is.

There is a clear distinction between people who have been bought up within the PAFC culture and those who have been imported. Many imports have done well and we should acknowledge their efforts but they could not have written that article with that passion. Well done for calling it as it is Tredders.

Ken is the absolute master of identifying problems after the event. Anyone who watched that West Coast match will tell you we were not hard enough what we want to know is, 'why, and what are you going to do about it Ken'? Ken has the first bit, identifying a problem, right but he also has to get the second bit, fixing the problem, right.

Nothing. His 3-year extension kicks in at the end of 2018.

They get a year closer to the [rapidly approaching] end.

2015: didn't
2016: didn't
2017: did but lost to 8th at home
2018: didn't*
2019: probably not unless we land a Tom Lynch-calibre free agent

*according to your hypothetical

I’d be telling the boys the club will be forced to go into rebuild mode which means careers would be cut short.

That includes high profile recruits.

How will our coaches box look when Schofield inevitably becomes an addition?

Will Voss get the chop? I personally hope to see Schofield replace Nicks as senior assistant.

I can't see a guy who has never even been in the AFL system jumping straight into senior assistant.

I'm not particularly wedded to any of our assistant coaches to be honest. The two I'd probably most like to see go are Nicks (just been at the club for too long, both for his sake and the club's sake) and Lade (appears to offer no insight at all anytime I hear him speak).

If you don't pull up your socks ken, i'm going to give you truck loads of money forever. Deep down in your repressed subconscious, whilst you are rolling around in dosh, you will think, 'I'm not very good at coaching'. Meh.

The Choco debacle aside I can't recall the club `sacking ' any coach until his contract has run out.
Nick's contract may run out at the end of this season so he is probably on thin ice, but I'm fairly certain Voss has another year after this one, and I suspect Lade has at least another year to go as well.

Re Lade, he was no doubt a great ruckman, but when you hear him speak he aint very inspiring. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am curious as to how Ken is on notice given he was backed in with a huge three year contract extension.

You would have to ask Tredders that question but I think Tredders is using it as a figure of speech to highlight the fact that it is time for Hinkley to provide answers that translate into on field success. No one is sure how water tight Hinkley's contract extension is and if there is a get out clause for either or both parties. I hope so as I do not savor the prospect of four more years of under performing and excuses. I think Tredders is like many of us , he cannot fathom the contract extension and wants the Club's faith in Hinkley repaid.

If Ken dares to go on about our oppo being a quality side in his post game presser I will literally lose my mind.
I don’t Give a s**t that they are a quality side.
I don’t want to hear that.
I want to know why we aren’t a quality side....why, why, why Ken?.

Someone has coached him on how to deal with media critics. Perfect disarming tactic. When he started his pressers were believably half decent after a loss, he'd publicly point out where we are rubbish.

If we get smashed today like another 70-80 point loss like last year in the wet surely some pressure will come from the top.. pressure on KT as well who put a stamped approval on this rediculous decision to extend this contract.

I am curious as to how Ken is on notice given he was backed in with a huge three year contract extension.
Treds thinks Ken may have forgotten, he is getting on you know.

Ken is the absolute master of identifying problems after the event. Anyone who watched that West Coast match will tell you we were not hard enough what we want to know is, 'why, and what are you going to do about it Ken'? Ken has the first bit, identifying a problem, right but he also has to get the second bit, fixing the problem, right.

This sums up keghrnihnkly to a tee he reveals his ineptness with every statement he makes. This man is at the helm of a sinking ship with the careers of players at hand he must perform, it is that simple he has been gifted everything he has wanted and has no excuse time and resources are beginning to weigh against him and if he does not deliver he has to walk. This club will never put up with such sh*t that he is delivering you khern MUST deliver.
keghrn do something just do something

I posted this in the Media Nod's Head thread but it is also relevant here. It is an extract from a Warren Tredrea article published in The Monopoly Times last Thursday. I can recommend the article to all Port supporters.

Tredders writes ...

After last weekend’s 42-point thrashing at the hands of West Coast, Power coach Ken Hinkley said: “One side was really strong in the contest, one wasn’t.”
Words like these would embarrass a football club, especially one that has prided itself on its never-say-die attitude for over 147 years.
Last weekend’s loss to West Coast was a shocker — lacking effort, discipline and competitiveness.

and this...

Make no mistake, the Power is on notice.
Coach Ken Hinkley isn’t exempt, after being backed in by the club’s board with a huge three-year contract extension after last season’s finals capitulation against the Eagles. He must find a way to fire up his players so they perform and stay on edge.

The club’s on-field leaders are also under the microscope, too often the heavy lifting is left to too few while others go missing in action.
Talent has never been Port Adelaide’s problem. Attitude and being able to consistently bring effort is.

There is a clear distinction between people who have been bought up within the PAFC culture and those who have been imported. Many imports have done well and we should acknowledge their efforts but they could not have written that article with that passion. Well done for calling it as it is Tredders.

Yeah but I was one of a few posters who recognised the lack of ball winners & a surplus of flankers on team selection. Then we get smacked in the hard ball gets. I don’t know much about footy tactics etc but I could see a gaping hole in team selection. Again Hinkley screwed up selection & then bangs on about how awesome the other team were. I’ve had enough of his bullshit !! This weeks selection are one week too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back