Recommitted Izak Rankine [contracted and staying at Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be going after him until he's out of contract, GC would want too much this year.

He seems happy enough at GC at the moment but if Adelaide continue to improve over the next 12 months, the lure of potential finals in his home state with the club he grew up supporting (If I recall correctly) might be a strong one.

Definitely has the talent and a definite upgrade on our other small foward options.

People seem to be really tough on a 20 game player.
I think the problem is that his best performances seemed to come in his first few games. Genuine concerns about how he's improving.

I think the problem is that his best performances seemed to come in his first few games. Genuine concerns about how he's improving.
That's fair. I would also suggest based off those early games he gets a lot more attention put onto him from opposition coaches than 99% of players in a similar position to him and the next step for him would be to learn how to break that attention.

Please. Izak has said on multiple occasions he loves loving on the GC and prefers it to Adelaide easily. Barely even goes back to SA for some of the breaks the players have.

Is the same source that told you Stewy Dew was hated by the players or that Luko had a gun held to his head to re-sign? Either your source is an idiot or you're just making up crap cause you don't like the Suna
Don't be salty.
I said on here before it happened, that Dew had got a number of players off side and it could result in a number leaving.
That was 100% correct.
Lynch left even after being offered more money, and both Lyons and May exited the club while still contracted.
It now pretty well known that Dew went into the club the wrong way and changed up his attitude.
When you have an obese coach that couldnt run around the oval without stopping half way to eat a pie and a fruit bun, telling the players that their work ethic and dedication is lacking, it wasn't taken well by some.
If you don't see a change in how he has acted then that's more on you.

Absolutely the Suns put pressure on Luko to re-sign. The club were pushing him to extend.
If you read my posts you never saw me say that either would leave. That wasn't the case.

As for Rakine? Why do you think Dew went out of his way to praise and defend him publicly?
I'm not saying Izak will leave at the end of the year either.
I'm saying he is seen as gettable by some clubs at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got to say, hasn’t really looked to be playing with much excitement or joy lately. Seems to me to be trying really hard to force it on field.

I’m saying that, everything he has said and done off field suggests he loves the Gold Coast.

seems to prefer staying on the coast rather than going back to Adelaide when he’s had the chance.

can’t see him leaving this year.It’s his first full year.

suns performances over the next 12 months will be important for retaining all our younger players.

Don't be salty.
I said on here before it happened, that Dew had got a number of players off side and it could result in a number leaving.
That was 100% correct.
Lynch left even after being offered more money, and both Lyons and May exited the club while still contracted.
It now pretty well known that Dew went into the club the wrong way and changed up his attitude.
When you have an obese coach that couldnt run around the oval without stopping half way to eat a pie and a fruit bun, telling the players that their work ethic and dedication is lacking, it wasn't taken well by some.
If you don't see a change in how he has acted then that's more on you.

Absolutely the Suns put pressure on Luko to re-sign. The club were pushing him to extend.
If you read my posts you never saw me say that either would leave. That wasn't the case.

As for Rakine? Why do you think Dew went out of his way to praise and defend him publicly?
I'm not saying Izak will leave at the end of the year either.
I'm saying he is seen as gettable by some clubs at the moment.
Rather than rubbish it , I believe half of what you wrote is true .

You have really taken this badly.
Speculation involve feeling there is no wrong or right In taking it badly . If you don't won't people to reply your post be it positive or negative comment , don't post in speculation thread . You eat you sh*t simple logic .

Last edited:
Yeah had to laugh that everybody just assumes he'll go back to Adelaide. He could easily join a Melbourne team (and is probably more likely to do that than go back to SA honestly).

If he's not happy at GC it's probably the club not the lifestyle.

Pre draft he was my no 1 pick but hasn't shown anywhere near enough so far.
I'm pretty confident he will end up at the crows they are really keen on him and would surely have the money to make it happen.
I reckon Adelaide's first this yr should get it done if it's Top 10.

Pre draft he was my no 1 pick but hasn't shown anywhere near enough so far.
I'm pretty confident he will end up at the crows they are really keen on him and would surely have the money to make it happen.
I reckon Adelaide's first this yr should get it done if it's Top 10.
I hope but am not sure at all about that. Crows still need midfielders and I think they are sure to go to the draft this year and next year is still a long way away and anything can happen

I hope but am not sure at all about that. Crows still need midfielders and I think they are sure to go to the draft this year and next year is still a long way away and anything can happen

I would just wait if I were the Crows. Will cost heaps this year and they have other needs.

If he continues to not impress next year then they can pick him up.

If he starts to gun it next year out of contract he is still only going cost about what he would this year.

If he wanted to leave the GC of course.

I would just wait if I were the Crows. Will cost heaps this year and they have other needs.

If he continues to not impress next year then they can pick him up.

If he starts to gun it next year out of contract he is still only going cost about what he would this year.

If he wanted to leave the GC of course.
Absolutely makes sense if the club is ultra keen as rightly GC would want the earth if there was any potential play this year...and if he wants to leave which from social media posts he is enjoying his time up there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back