Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Its not.
You put a deal up, they reject. In this case, you may get a rare one that comes in free.
I only mentioned don't discount the Dees come PSD.
I can't see how they don't pounce and make the cap work.

Like someone else said, would the Dees pay him 1.8 mil over 2 years (900k a year) if he and Carlton work out a deal that he can nominate at the PSD.

A club that just overpaid for Eddie Betts after overpaying on McGovern suddenly thinks that it will get its man by overpaying on Martin?

Yeah. Right.

A club that just overpaid for Eddie Betts after overpaying on McGovern suddenly thinks that it will get its man by overpaying on Martin?

Yeah. Right.

What are you on about??

You are gonna get nothing more Martin now after he walks to the PSD, better for us, worse for you

And that makes a mockery of the handouts they received, they literally made a decision to ‘burn money’ as you state after begging the AFL for more money
even GCS supporters said it was too much

But we're here now.
Martin should be some shade of blue next year. Whether he keeps some red we will find out soon enough

even GCS supporters said it was too much

But we're here now.
Martin should be some shade of blue next year. Whether he keeps some red we will find out soon enough

One thing is for sure, it will be another thread full of battles between our 2 supporters base as we argue over it come draft time

Martin has already walked, no way will Suns redraft Jack a player that does not want to be there, counterproductive especially in such a young team it’s last thing the coach needs a disruptive
influence around the place. The only threat may be from the Demons.

Interested to see how this plays out. I don't think he will go to the Gold Coast but can see how he could realistically land at Melbourne. I'm glad SOS didn't overpay. We will move on from this. Future is looking bright irrespective of whether we got Martin.

No point bickering now. Trade period over. Now it's just time to see how it pans out in the PSD.

If Gold Coast actually do care about their players, as their posters in here claim, they may as well just delist Jack before the end of the month. Gold Coast have already lost any return. They're getting nothing for him. They have nothing else to gain by refusing to do so.

Delist him as that will allow him to go to the club of his choosing as a DFA.

I expect it won't be long until we have a higher profile player wanting out of club, who doesn't get out, and we have an equivalent Bosman or Terry Hill ruling that will shake up the AFL's player transfer rules.

Gold coast being given picks for nothing is such a bullshit argument. Gold Coast are getting picks because they never got as many as the Giants and were sent out to a non football supporting town to play out of a tin shed. Theyre doing the club correctly this time and that involves getting back some of the talent that left
Occasionally there is a bastion of light, We didn't do ourselves many favours in that period but were always behind the 8 ball from the start. Spot on mate.

But yes, We didn't take the trade at a far lower value because we're proving the point that we refused to be taken advantage of at the trade table like the Victorian feeder club you all think we are.

It's called principle, We're not going to take it anymore.

Jack has two options if we decide we want to take him in the PSD, Either he rots away in the NEAFL for a year and shoots himself in the foot or he shows up and shows out for a good contract year after next. We're more than happy to do it with him or without him. But we're no longer going to be played the fool.

Jack has two options if we decide we want to take him in the PSD, Either he rots away in the NEAFL for a year and shoots himself in the foot or he shows up and shows out for a good contract year after next. We're more than happy to do it with him or without him. But we're no longer going to be played the fool.

Yeah na.

It won't happen. Never has, never will.

AFL and AFLPA won't allow GCS to do that. If GCS do, the AFL and AFLPA has intervened before, and they will again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fine too, Our point's already been made.

Your point?

The only fool is GCS for passing up ~2000 equivalent draft points. "No use to you?" well you could have used them in other trades, for established players, as your list manager publicly sought out when he declared pick 1 or 2 was on the trading table.

Good luck ever getting another hand out.

Occasionally there is a bastion of light, We didn't do ourselves many favours in that period but were always behind the 8 ball from the start. Spot on mate.

But yes, We didn't take the trade at a far lower value because we're proving the point that we refused to be taken advantage of at the trade table like the Victorian feeder club you all think we are.

It's called principle, We're not going to take it anymore.

Great, Carlton and Martin work out a short term contract priced at a million a year and GC take him and have to pay that price to let him rot in the NeAFL for 2 years.

If GC don’t want him at that price, Carlton takes him and then extends his contract for a couple more years at less money meaning in the end it works out to us paying him 600k a year.

I’m happy with either of those options!

No one is mentioning the ladder this year, certainly not me.

What I’m saying is that our club is on the rise, the same way Brisbane was on the rise.
Whereas GC begged for handouts to start yet another rebuild.
Am i the only one who remembers that Carlton got special draft assistance (that they asked for) just one year ago? Show some humility

I doubt the afl would let him sign for 2 years at $1m a year and then a 2 year extension at $200k a year.

It’s hard to police, but the afl tries to stop obvious draft and contract manipulation like that.

Explain to us how you think that scenario is manipulation?

Am i the only one who remembers that Carlton got special draft assistance (that they asked for) just one year ago? Show some humility

You are right, but I was responding to a poster that claimed Carlton and GC were on the same level.

I was just pointing out that we are on the rise and GC needed even more assistance.

Have no idea how this plays out now. Could play out in a number of different ways.

If he delists himself I could see him nominating for the national draft instead of the PSD (I presume that option is still available ie Luke Ball). Carlton don’t really have the picks though for that option, you’d think he’d go in the 20 odd bracket in the draft. Maybe Carlton could split 9 with a Geelong (14&24) or another team with two top 25 picks.

Suppose he could just put a ridiculous price tag on him for the PSD that Gold Coast and Melbourne couldn’t possibly match. Not sure what Carlton’s salary cap situation is like but I presume they have more room than those two.

I’m still a fan of Martin. Think he can still be a star in a better environment. Really really surprised that this trade didn’t get done.

Your point?

The only fool is GCS for passing up ~2000 equivalent draft points. "No use to you?" well you could have used them in other trades, for established players, as your list manager publicly sought out when he declared pick 1 or 2 was on the trading table.

Good luck ever getting another hand out.

What point is that?

That you’d rather get nothing for losing a player than get something for losing him? Great logic haha
Yeah I'm not going to bother arguing with pigeons.

You sit there and look at us with contempt and expect us to just accept whatever pittence you decide to toss our way, It's not happening anymore.

The superiority complex is honestly baffling.

Oh yeah that too, But hey revisionist history right?

We're quite aware that we're still crap until further notice.

I doubt the afl would let him sign for 2 years at $1m a year and then a 2 year extension at $200k a year.

It’s hard to police, but the afl tries to stop obvious draft and contract manipulation like that.

Can’t see the AFL also being ok the idea of a club drafting a player out of spite after he walked out on them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back