Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if Carlton don’t get him they’ve missed out on a “nice to have” rather than a necessity.

And now if they do get him it’s a bargain. But again, the wheel keeps spinning if they don’t.

edit: whoever gets him is getting a free hit really

Do you see the word ‘may’ specify? Have you bothered to look further and see what happens if the player doesn’t specify?
if he doesn’t nominate a price he goes onto minimum payment or seek the arbitrator if the club that selected him does not put a reasonable offer to him.
F7FE68B9-71E5-477F-A9D3-34E317B4F28B.jpeg 3C66D123-BB44-4EB4-9DA6-9D3EBB8801B3.jpeg

Oh dear. You’re still at it. No Gun, you can’t throw a blanket over them. Far more sophisticated draft watchers than you and I like EDPS rates the group of 3-13 as very similar. So you’re asking the Blues to drop out of a pick in that range to a lesser group.

It’s rubbish logic. GC easily could have taken the second and third rounders on offer and grouped them with other picks and moved up next year. They threw a tantrum. Now they’ve got nothing. THAT is funny.
With respect to people like EDPD/Knightmare/Davo-27/Bishop and another 5/6 more that go to enormous effort and work to post their opinions and selections on this site. All these people are saying similar things and its extremely even after the first 5 and a player they rank in the top 10 could be picked up much later and V/V. But also clubs rate players very differently also for example most of the people mentioned above had Liam Stocker rated 15-22 range but Carlton rated him at #6 and also had Rankine as #1 and walsh #4

but for the sake of your post lets go by EDPS 2018 phantom and ranking
11- Riley Collier Dawkins was selected at #20
12 - Ian Hill was selected #24
14 - Xavier O'Halloran selected #22
25 - Jordan Clarke selected #15

But to answer your question regarding my comments about it being an extremely even draft after a particular point there are many people in clubs that have mentioned this also which is also been demonstrated by clubs being very happy to exchange high draft picks like the trade north did with melbourne

Last edited by a moderator:
He doesn't want to go to Melbourne. They won't select a player who has clearly said he wants to play for Carlton. An ITK on your board has already confirmed this
Last year he wanted to go to Essendon, this year Carlton. He is not a desperate die hard Carlton man. Only Carlton, the Bulldogs and Fremantle put an offer to him this year.

Melbourne didn’t make a play for him during the trade period as we didn’t have the trade assets to get him. They are now speaking with him, With his former captain Steven May speaking with him. By draft time Jack may very well be happy to come to Melbourne

Slipped on a banana? Where’d ya go? Reading up hey? Hahahahaha. You’re in over your head. Don’t bring a knife to a gun fight kid.
Hahhahahaha, your banana need a knife not a gun Kid. You need love not fight.windows 2?

We could offer him a $1 salary and it’d rule the Suns out.

He’s not going back there and it has nothing to do with money.

Is it a 2 year deal though? I thought I saw something that it needs to be a 2 year deal. If that is correct you would be happy paying $2 million dollars over 2 years for Martin?

How much can GC not afford? if it’s not that hard to understand. I’d like to know how you know thefinancial position of the Gold Coast Suns.
there were numerous articles this and last year about gcs salary cap squeeze if you don’t believe me google it your self, i guarantee you we can blow gc and melbourne out the water

Firstly i really do know why i bother even responding to such an annoying attention seeker like yourself but ill just answer it anyway with respect to other posters who may be reading.

With respect to people like EDPD/Knightmare/Davo-27/Bishop and another 5/6 more that go to enormous effort and work to post their opinions and selections on this site. All these people are saying similar things and its extremely even after the first 5 and a player they rank in the top 10 could be picked up much later and V/V. But also clubs rate players very differently also for example most of the people mentioned above had Liam Stocker rated 15-22 range but Carlton rated him at #6 and also had Rankine as #1 and walsh #4

but for the sake of your post lets go by EDPS 2018 phantom and ranking
11- Riley Collier Dawkins was selected at #20
12 - Ian Hill was selected #24
14 - Xavier O'Halloran selected #22
25 - Jordan Clarke selected #15

But to answer your question regarding my comments about it being an extremely even draft after a particular point there are many people in clubs that have mentioned this also which is also been demonstrated by clubs being very happy to exchange high draft picks like the trade north did with melbourne
As for this issue: he’s uncontracted. Carlton offered a price deemed fair by any reasonable observer. We offered more for an uncontracted player than many others paid for more accomplished (as in achieved more) players in the same period.

Last edited by a moderator:
still don’t get it, we will then resign him to what ever the original deal, so it matches the same amount of year and $$$
He need to lodge paperwork to AFL, if you resign him to original deal that don't match PSD paperwork you are in trouble. If you can get extra in salary that you signed why return back to original deal, surely Martin is not that stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year he wanted to go to Essendon, this year Carlton. He is not a desperate die hard Carlton man. Only Carlton, the Bulldogs and Fremantle put an offer to him this year.

Melbourne didn’t make a play for him during the trade period as we didn’t have the trade assets to get him. They are now speaking with him, With his former captain Steven May speaking with him. By draft time Jack may very well be happy to come to Melbourne
the way his manager talked to him, it certainly sounded like he was very desperate to get to carlton

He doesn't want to go to Melbourne. They won't select a player who has clearly said he wants to play for Carlton. An ITK on your board has already confirmed this

You don’t know that. Melbourne will do what’s the in the best interests of Melbourne, not Carlton. We might deem that it’s worth selecting him regardless of the chest puffing if his manager, then back ourselves in to get him acquainted with the reality of being a Demon. He’s a professional footballer. Sometimes in life and work you don’t always get your first preference. Like Joe Daniher and others who’s primary hopes weren’t realised last week, Martin may just have to suck it up and get on with things.

Bottom line is we have pick 2 in the PSD, have a decent wad of cash and we are interested. For us he remains in play.

He need to lodge paperwork to AFL, if you resign him to original deal that don't match PSD paperwork you are in trouble. If you can get extra in salary that you signed why return back to original deal, surely Martin is not that stupid.
it won’t be draft tampering at all, we’re just doing to 2 contract in different salary sizes, his manager confirmed on radio if need be that’s what they are going to do to try and get to carlton, i’ll take his word over some random delusional suns supporter posting on big footy

You’re a Carlton hater Gun. You dress up as otherwise but your posts when they pertain to the Blues reveal you. I call you out for fun. I don’t need attention. Certainly not from Bigfooty. And I’ll keep calling you out every time i see you show your anti- Carlton sentiment dressed up as critique.

You have a problem : Seek Help

it won’t be draft tampering at all, we’re just doing to 2 contract in different salary sizes, his manager confirmed on radio if need be that’s what they are going to do to try and get to carlton, i’ll take his word over some random delusional suns supporter posting on big footy
Well if that is the case, then do it, you don't need confirmation from us or other club, but isn't it player manager get ban doing dodgy stuff before eg Kurt tippett.

He wants to be mentored by Eddie Betts. It was a huge factor in his decision. Do you have Eddie or do we? Plus we got his brotherboy Sammo and Cripps has already got into his ear. Youre coming from a long way back and you think his former captain is gonna sway his decision? Good luck.

I was responding to someone that said you guys could offer him $1m so it would actually then be $2m over 2 years as it would be a 2 year contract. Is that correct?
If he specifies a price yes you’re correct. But he doesn’t have to specify a price. He can just nominate and do a deal after being drafted. That deal could be ‘1m for 1 year’. The club (eg: Melb) could refuse and it could go to Arbitration. Bit of a nightmare really. I think it’s there as a ‘get out’ for the AFl who would be extremely concerned about restraint of trade. Never been done but the PSD is rarely used these days. I’d say his Mgt would be exploring all options.

He wants to be mentored by Eddie Betts. It was a huge factor in his decision. Do you have Eddie or do we? Plus we got his brotherboy Sammo and Cripps has already got into his ear. Youre coming from a long way back and you think his former captain is gonna sway his decision? Good luck.
You have jarrod Garlett opps just delisted.

If he specifies a price yes you’re correct. But he doesn’t have to specify a price. He can just nominate and do a deal after being drafted. That deal could be ‘1m for 1 year’. The club (eg: Melb) could refuse and it could go to Arbitration. Bit of a nightmare really. I think it’s there as a ‘get out’ for the AFl who would be extremely concerned about restraint of trade. Never been done but the PSD is rarely used these days. I’d say his Mgt would be exploring all options.

So lets get this straight

he enters the PSD without nominating a price then gets drafted and has to negotiate a price and if not agreed then goes to arbitration ?
So what happens if that doesnt work out who does he play for ? and how can there be a restraint of trade when he knowingly enters the draft with full knowledge of the rules.

Makes no sense at all nominating for the draft with no price and if he wants to get to Carlton the best way would be to put $700k on his head for 2 years then extend further later on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back