Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns could have packaged those picks up for first rounder next trade period. With all the talk suggesting ~20 academy kids in the top 40 there have been no shortage of suitors.
You want Sun player, you need to do a bit of job package your pick like you did last year for Mitch not the other way round. If Sun want Patrick Cripps when he is out of contract, you want pick 3, Sun will find a way to package up our pick for him. Silvagni is just lazy to do his work. Don't want Betts and over turn by your coach, different opinion on Butler with the other recruiters in his team.

You want Sun player, you need to do a bit of job package your pick like you did last year for Mitch not the other way round. If Sun want Patrick Cripps when he is out of contract, you want pick 3, Sun will find a way to package up our pick for him. Silvagni is just lazy to do his work. Don't want Betts and over turn by your coach, different opinion on Butler with the other recruiters in his team.
Yes SOS could have done the leg work for GCS. However, this is an out of contract player that had requested a trade 2 years running. A player who GCS made no contract offer to throughout the year and who finished the season in the NEAFL.

with all due respect we aren’t exactly talking about Lynch, Prestia etc here. Seems an odd player and circumstance to make a stand on. If he was contracted I would see your point, but this just sounds like poor management on gcs behalf

I’m ok with not having done the deal. Blues will most likely package these picks for a 1st rounder next year. Martin will come for free in the PSD, just seems like a pointless stand from the suns.
Then why worried, is either he is with Carlton or not after PSD draft ended . Less vararible to play with. Blues fan keep forcing GCS to take their deal even after the trade periods ended.

oh I'm not worried, Martin joining or not joining the blues will have no bearing on me personally. Just as comments by anonymous posters on a footy forum will have no bearing on trade outcomes. At the end of the day there appears to be a lot of chest beating from the suns about making a stand. If they believe that then good luck to them. For me its purely hot air to justify an irrational decision that ultimately leaves the suns in a worse position.

The Blues didn’t rate him and offered very little.

The Kelly thing was a counter to someone saying that players out of contract don’t get round picks.

Martin is a lot better than people think.

Martin was worth a pick in the 20-26 range, no club would give up a better position than that, so let's just move on

Then why worried, is either he is with Carlton or not after PSD draft ended . Less vararible to play with. Blues fan keep forcing GCS to take their deal even after the trade periods ended.

Who says we are worried ? Suns won't redraft a player who doesn't want to be there, and from all reports he has zero interest in playing for The Dees.

Things can change naturally, at this point in time, Carlton are in the box seat..

The Swans doing the dirty on us with Papley is another significant factor why this trade didn't happen.

Who says we are worried ? Suns won't redraft a player who doesn't want to be there, and from all reports he has zero interest in playing for The Dees.

Things can change naturally, at this point in time, Carlton are in the box seat..

The Swans doing the dirty on us with Papley is another significant factor why this trade didn't happen.
Swans did not do the dirty on us. They simply held onto Papley which is their right. Did right thing by their list. Nothing dirty about what they did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes SOS could have done the leg work for GCS. However, this is an out of contract player that had requested a trade 2 years running. A player who GCS made no contract offer to throughout the year and who finished the season in the NEAFL.

with all due respect we aren’t exactly talking about Lynch, Prestia etc here. Seems an odd player and circumstance to make a stand on. If he was contracted I would see your point, but this just sounds like poor management on gcs behalf

where is this reported?

He only has 2 choices resign with the the suns or enter the draft Like I said I don’t think they will redraft him due to the drama it will cause for the afl
You're basically explaining exactly why it's a restraint of trade. "You have two choices, sign with your piece of s**t old boss who didn't offer you a new contract at the value your worth and has ****ed you over for the past two years, or take your shot in this lottery".

You're basically explaining exactly why it's a restraint of trade. "You have two choices, sign with your piece of s**t old boss who didn't offer you a new contract at the value your worth and has f’ed you over for the past two years, or take your shot in this lottery".
Well based on this logic, then I don't understand why any club would ever trade a player in. You would just ask the player to go into the draft and claim restraint of trade if any other club selects them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back