Recommitted Jack Martin [requested a trade to Victoria, didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know he is contracted until the end of 2019 but would love to get him at Freo.

Would Freo's 2019 1st rounder (Around pick 6-8) be fair for Jack Martin?
Not whilst contracted I don’t think. They rate him pretty highly and after what we did with Weller ( an inferior player) I don’t think they’d take that for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only like 3000 times better.

What alternate universe are you from exactly.

Le cras over his career has by far exceeded Martins output to date.

Potential is great, glimpses of brilliance is great but put it together consistently, make AA and kick 12 playing away in one game and Martin can then start to be compared at a similar level.

Freo trolls try so hard. If your side tried as hard that consistently they would actually regain some respect.

The same must be true for Eagles and Sydney. Pick 22 for Mark Seaby was a head-scratcher, but nothing will top Pick 11 for Jason Ball. Man, that still makes me laugh.

Players were worth more back than for picks.

in 2009 would a 34 year old Sam Mitchell go to another club for pick 88? Bet you he would have been traded for a pick 20-30.

Martin looked the goods in 2016 but has been bog average since.

The Suns are not exactly must watch viewing but this is just a downright lazy and ignorant post.

Had a very good year in 2017 and been fine throughout the season so far.

Maybe Weller was depressed and was thinking about sitting a year out of the game?:think:

You know like that bloke Freo poached off GWS straight after he signed a new contract!;)
Maybe you are right about Weller. But what he actually said was that he was prepared to stay, but that the Suns had assured him they would get the deal done. And he said it publicly. Good team player Weller and did us a massive favour on his way out the door.

Maybe you are right about Weller. But what he actually said was that he was prepared to stay, but that the Suns had assured him they would get the deal done. And he said it publicly. Good team player Weller and did us a massive favour on his way out the door.

The comment about Weller sitting out was a joke. I was taking a dig at Cam McCarthy and Freo for engineering that deal in poaching him from GWS. McCarthy signed a contract with GWS and then all of a sudden a few months later got home sick when he found out how much more Freo were prepared to pay him. Trrade didn't happen so he sat out a year.

Dirty trading / poaching from Freo.

Then last year they hold GC over the barrel with Weller because he was contracted.

Some double standards there!

In the end its all worked out though. Freo paying Cam big dollars to play WAFL.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back