Jack Riewoldt: The Most Complete Forward in the Comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd still take Buddy over him and I think Rough can play more positions than him but he's certainly fun to watch
jack is way better than rough now, and its for a forward not utility, buds hands are not as good, but obviously buddy has been the better player over their careers

This will probably get taken down, but seriously is he the most complete forward? Can take massive grabs, assist, kick straight, crash packs, play one on one, kick on his left. He has adjusted his game and is at the moment a shoe in for AA
As long as BT doesn't start calling him 'The Package'...

you can make arguments about other forwards having better individual assets than jack (ie buddy is outstanding athletically and can kick a mile, brown is fast on the lead and a great kick, jack isnt an athletic beast etc) but i think its certainly fairly to say jack is the most well rounded across all the skills required.

If you are looking for all round impact. Dont think anyone would say its not Buddy as a forward. Not sure what your criteria are for all round because other than marking on the lead and goal conversion I'd say Buddy has Jack covered in every other area whether as a forward or not. Considering how dominant Richmond have been he should be averaging more goals and assists. He's a great player but all round best forward is a bit of a stretch. Darling/Kennedy would have to be in the discussion too.

In 2018 yeah, he's been the complete forward. Has really developed his game from being the first Coleman Medallist not to be All Australian.

I still can't stand that sooky look on his face all the time but he's really come back as a player since he's been playing close to home again. Brings the other forwards into it, makes every contest possible and works super hard.

Belief is a wonderful thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst we are on the subject of Hawthorn forwards, Bruest has kicked 50 for the year.

Melbourne also have two players in the Coleman Top 10.

Ah I miss 2015 and 2014 when we had 3 in the top ten.

Despite being injured half the year Kennedy does still play, is far better than jack.

Easily one of the most underated players. Sure he is rated high but when he was winning colemans he still wasn't in the same convo as many of the big full forwards.

If Lynch is worth 1.3M he is worth 5m.

I think back then, he definitely didn't do as much as a lot of the other key forwards out there. He was purely a mark then goal player and Richmond weren't winning.

He's a much better and more rounded player now.

jack is way better than rough now, and its for a forward not utility, buds hands are not as good, but obviously buddy has been the better player over their careers
Jack is better than Rough now but Rough still in front over their careers, and Bud still has everyone covered.

Jack's great and he's fun to watch and Hardwick has helped him round his game out but there are better all round footballers than him that play as forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back