Rumour Jack Steven Stabbing Incident

Remove this Banner Ad

From all reports the injuries Stevens sustained were non life threatening and he was discharged after a couple of days in hospital.

It could be argued that the attacker of Stevens is suffering from mental health issues, and the authorities have deemed it best for that person's welfare not disclose his or or name and publiclizd the details.

It's a very delicate situation here it seems, and frankly I think Stevens is entitled to a bit of privacy From this incident, he was the victim here and idiots like Eddie are seemingly wanting to portray him like a villain/wrong doer.

Give me a spell, if you really want to know what happened Eddie, why don't you give Colin Carter a call and discuss it privately.

Not everything needs or should be made available to the public domain, have we learnt nothing from the Dean Laidley arrest fiasco? SMH

It doesn't have to be public, but refusing to cooperate with the police is doing the wrong thing.

And we are aware of those. I wonder what the stats are of men in domestic violence situations NOT going to the authorities , like this situation. Hmm.. We don't have those stats but #godhatesmen#killallmen 🙄

The thing I find most annoying about the domestic violence issue is how it is framed. It's not only men who assault women. Women assault men just as much, possibly even more. I don't think there would be too many men on here who haven't been slapped, spat on or attacked in some form or other by a partner or female aquaintence at some point in their life.

The difference of course is the strength behind and severity of these attacks when men attack women. I just wish there was a way of framing this issue that doesn't make men feel like shit, but doesn't victim blame at the same time.

Maths is racist / sexist / transphobic now, I suppose.
This is exactly the response I expected from you.
The thing I find most annoying about the domestic violence issue is how it is framed. It's not only men who assault women. Women assault men just as much, possibly even more. I don't think there would be too many men on here who haven't been slapped, spat on or attacked in some form or other by a partner or female aquaintence at some point in their life.

The difference of course is the strength behind and severity of these attacks when men attack women. I just wish there was a way of framing this issue that doesn't make men feel like shit, but doesn't victim blame at the same time.
I agree that we need to take DV against men more seriously, but don't get the second part of your post. Why would men feel like shit if they've never committed DV against a woman?

Didn’t say being stabbed is a crime. However stabbing someone is, and covering up for that person is reprehensible. If someone is capable of stabbing another person necessitating hospital admittance then they need to be held to account. If they do it once then who’s to say they won’t do it again. Steven has a moral, if not a legal responsibility to come clean, otherwise the next time may be a death. What part of that don’t you understand? It’s not necessarily all about him.

As far as Eddie goes, pretty easy for an anonymous, self righteous poster on BF to smear and belittle a public figure by making false accusations. Doesn’t make it true. I think I would back Eddie’s moral compass over yours any day of the week.
No, he doesn't have any legal or moral responsibility. Nothing he has done is illegal, are you saying he should be charged with a crime? Care to elaborate? The same thing could be argued against Beams. Extortion, illegal gambling, drug debts, all illegal. Surely he should have to face the media and police to make sure Bikies aren't extorting any other vulnerable citizens..?

Eddie has made numerous racist and sexist comments in the past. It's a fact, you can't hide from his past. He's a horrible person.

No. Men do it way more. I’ve never been attacked by a female partner.

No. Men do it way more. I’ve never been attacked by a female partner.

It's usually the strong bullying the weak. Whether that's a physical strength or a mental strength.

I wish we would step away from the whole "violence against women" rhetoric and instead work towards simply ending "violence". If we can change that rhetoric, it will no longer be hijacked by those who say "not all men" and all that shit.

It's a bullying problem, not a gendered problem.

[/QUOTE]
No, he doesn't have any legal or moral responsibility. Nothing he has done is illegal, are you saying he should be charged with a crime? Care to elaborate? The same thing could be argued against Beams. Extortion, illegal gambling, drug debts, all illegal. Surely he should have to face the media and police to make sure Bikies aren't extorting any other vulnerable citizens..?
Eddie has made numerous racist and sexist comments in the past. It's a fact, you can't hide from his past. He's a horrible person.
I pretty clearly said on a couple of occasions that he doesn’t have a legal responsibility.
So I would have thought it pretty obvious that I’m not suggesting Steven be charged with any crime. He however, clearly has a moral obligation. If his attacker gets off scot free due to Steven’s misplaced loyalty then it is on his head if he/she repeats the dose on someone else.

And just because you attempt to smear McGuire with spurious allegations doesn’t in anyway make them true or credible. Pretty easy to be virtuous and judgemental when you’re an anonymous poster on BF. Wonder how you, or I for that matter would measure up if our every action, word or behaviour was available to be scrutinised, commented on and judged by a faceless, unaccountable star chamber.

Jack Stevens will have to be more careful with digital technology and his ex-partner. No wonder Geelong want to suppress the information.

I think people just want him to STFU full stop. Every second ******* piece of football media I've read over the last few weeks has been him gobbing off about something of which I couldn't give two stuffs about his opinion on.
You do realise he's just playing the Sheedy/Lou/Cornes roll of trying to keep the game relevant right now.

Go back to the early eps of Footy Class this year & his arguments with Chompers (a Pie man) & guess what, footy Class later that night.

You do realise he's just playing the Sheedy/Lou/Cornes roll of trying to keep the game relevant right now.

Go back to the early eps of Footy Class this year & his arguments with Chompers (a Pie man) & guess what, footy Class later that night.
Then talk about the game, not behind-the-scenes scandals that only really make a mockery of the competition.

A millionaire powerbroker blabbing on about a player getting stabbed is sure to get the bums in seats and sell memberships. I don't really seem to be in the minority here, and dickheads like Eddie carrying on about this crap drives me away from the game, if anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is exactly the response I expected from you.

I agree that we need to take DV against men more seriously, but don't get the second part of your post. Why would men feel like shit if they've never committed DV against a woman?

I guess we/they shouldn't. But there are plenty who find various campaigns, reports, movements etc... rather frustrating, even insulting. For example the recent Gillette advert, the Purple Nail movement, the impression given that men assaulting/ raping and killing women is on the increase when it's actually on the decline. The way incidents of assault and/or murder of partners and children by women is very often reported in a vastly different way then if a male is the perpetrator.

Then talk about the game, not behind-the-scenes scandals that only really make a mockery of the competition.

A millionaire powerbroker blabbing on about a player getting stabbed is sure to get the bums in seats and sell memberships. I don't really seem to be in the minority here, and dickheads like Eddie carrying on about this crap drives me away from the game, if anything.
Caro would be out of a job.

I agree, he should talk about last weeks game, or the week before, or the week before that.

Caro would be out of a job.

I agree, he should talk about last weeks game, or the week before, or the week before that.
Your argument is pretty flimsy here. Because there's been a lack of games to talk about, he should kick up a fuss about a player not going to cops after being stabbed when we don't know the full details? Right.
I guess we/they shouldn't. But there are plenty who find various campaigns, reports, movements etc... rather frustrating, even insulting. For example the recent Gillette advert, the Purple Nail movement, the impression given that men assaulting/ raping and killing women is on the increase when it's actually on the decline. The way incidents of assault and/or murder of partners and children by women is very often reported in a vastly different way then if a male is the perpetrator.
We're getting off-topic here, but perhaps the answer is to try to become involved in the movement and create more discourse surrounding DV experienced by men, rather than complaining about how the movement has too strong a focus on women? Not taking a potshot at you, but I see plenty of blokes carrying on on here and social media about the lack of attention DV experienced by men receives, but want to guess how many of them actually go out and do anything about it? The reason we hear so much about DV experienced by women is that there's plenty of passionate women, often victims, out there spearheading the cause. Ironically, I'd argue most male victims aren't willing to give themselves that spotlight because of traditional ideas of masculinity that are predominantly espoused by men.

Props to the Pies fans rightfully taking Eddie to task over this

As a sidenote, Eddie and his rather insensitive attitude to the plight of Jack Stevens and his incident may very well make it harder for Collingwood to try recruit big name players to their club, I am sure the player manager/agent of Jack Stevens (whoever he or she is) wouldn't be advising his other clients (whoever they are) to sign up with The Pies.

What Eddie doesn't seem to realize is that by shouting off his gob in cases like this, he may inadvertently be hurting Collingwood.

Nathan Buckley strikes me as a bloke with principles and integrity, I am pretty sure he would prefer it if Eddie STFU about this.
I doubt it
Eddie looks after his players post footy

This isn’t North or the Dogs we’re talking about

Props to the Pies fans rightfully taking Eddie to task over this

As a sidenote, Eddie and his rather insensitive attitude to the plight of Jack Stevens and his incident may very well make it harder for Collingwood to try recruit big name players to their club, I am sure the player manager/agent of Jack Stevens (whoever he or she is) wouldn't be advising his other clients (whoever they are) to sign up with The Pies.

What Eddie doesn't seem to realize is that by shouting off his gob in cases like this, he may inadvertently be hurting Collingwood.

Nathan Buckley strikes me as a bloke with principles and integrity, I am pretty sure he would prefer it if Eddie STFU about this.

I feel like you know something the public doesn't?

I pretty clearly said on a couple of occasions that he doesn’t have a legal responsibility.
So I would have thought it pretty obvious that I’m not suggesting Steven be charged with any crime. He however, clearly has a moral obligation. If his attacker gets off scot free due to Steven’s misplaced loyalty then it is on his head if he/she repeats the dose on someone else.

And just because you attempt to smear McGuire with spurious allegations doesn’t in anyway make them true or credible. Pretty easy to be virtuous and judgemental when you’re an anonymous poster on BF. Wonder how you, or I for that matter would measure up if our every action, word or behaviour was available to be scrutinised, commented on and judged by a faceless, unaccountable star chamber.
[/QUOTE]
Haha you said "a moral, if not a *legal* responsibility". Is there an if or not? Or were you just trying to slide that legal reference in there without any accountability?

Can you please let me know who the moral police are here and what reference I can use so I can then measure these moral rules against a few of the prior actions of your president, players and club?

I'm not smearing Eddi McGuire at all, he does that easily enough himself on public forums. No one should have to worry about their "every action, word or behavior" being available for scrutiny. Eddie speaks in public forums voluntarily. I shudder to think if his private conversations were to be made public. I'd hazard a guess and say he wouldn't be in the media for much longer! But that's just IMO based on his public track record.

I feel like you know something the public doesn't?

Not really, it's probably a fairly reasonable assumption to make that the person who attacked Stevens has had some kind of mental illness/breakdown.

Also I believe Brian Cook said yesterday that the facts regarding what happened to Stevens will be made publicly soon, obviously this investigation is still ongoing, and one would assume that VicPol and the media are being a bit more tactful about the handling of this matter after the Dean Laidley Fiasco.

Worthy behavoir from an AFL Pres? Or is he a well paid shock jock raking in money from footy for his outbursts? I bet his production company has not take a pay cut in these times.

My brothers ex ain’t nicknamed stabby for no reason..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back