Jade Gresham the most talented player under 21 in the league ?

Remove this Banner Ad

If he isn't then someone else sure is!

He was rated the best under 20yo for his position by Champion Data last year though
Champion Data rankings like that need to be taken with a massive grain of salt though, especially when it is ranking a "general forward". He attended 64 centre bounces last year so he had a lot more opportunity to get his hands on the ball compared to most small forwards stuck in a pocket, thus more possessions and better champion Data rating.

Big talent though, definitely one of the only positives for the Saints on Saturday. Very elusive and skilled, if he can build his fitness up for more midfield minutes he could be very special.

Insert player from own team. It's absolutely mystifying to me some of the names people have been throwing around. Like Venables hasn't even played a game yet, i don't see how you can nominate a dude just because he was a high pick when he hasn't even played yet. Just a big pack of trolls on here.
Heeney, Oliver, Mills, Parish Daniel in that order for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Champion Data rankings like that need to be taken with a massive grain of salt though, especially when it is ranking a "general forward". He attended 64 centre bounces last year so he had a lot more opportunity to get his hands on the ball compared to most small forwards stuck in a pocket, thus more possessions and better champion Data rating.

Big talent though, definitely one of the only positives for the Saints on Saturday. Very elusive and skilled, if he can build his fitness up for more midfield minutes he could be very special.

Interesting. Where can I find centre bounces attended stat?

On topic, I'm not sure I'd even have Gresh ahead of Caleb Daniel, Toby Mclean or Josh Dunkley, just from the Dogs. Let alone Heeney, Mills, Oliver, Parish, Weids, Milera, SPP, Hipwood, etc , etc, the list goes on.

So the answer is no.

Thank **** this was not started by a saints poster
IMG_2424.JPG

Also if it had been a Saints supporter you would write something along the lines of

"please don't be A saints supporter... damn"

Got nothing against you at all just hate this type of post and wish people would stop doing them.

I think Gresham is going to be a hell of a player, and is a player of immense talent. Has a great future. But lets be honest, there is not an under 21 in this league as talented as Clayton Oliver. Not Petracca, not Francis, not Parish, not Brayshaw, and not Jade Gresham. This isn't to say that none of these players won't go on to fulfill their talent - just that their talent isn't that of Clayton Oliver.

I think Gresham is going to be a hell of a player, and is a player of immense talent. Has a great future. But lets be honest, there is not an under 21 in this league as talented as Clayton Oliver. Not Petracca, not Francis, not Parish, not Brayshaw, and not Jade Gresham. This isn't to say that none of these players won't go on to fulfill their talent - just that their talent isn't that of Clayton Oliver.
Oliver is definitely right up there but on raw talent I'd have Petracca ahead of him. In time, Petracca should be able to make the transition to be a more permanent mid and combine that with his ability forward of centre in the air and at ground level, you've got a very dynamic player on your hands. However, I'm more confident of Oliver having more impact in the midfield long-term as he is a pure mid and he's already had proven performances in the guts. But with Petracca's natural contested style of play, power and clean hands, I see those traits as very translatable for him making an impact in the midfield overtime.

I agree.

On raw talent I'd have him ahead of Petracca. Sure, he's not as dynamic, but he came second in the agility test at DC, so he's no slouch in his own ability to move laterally and put simply he has the best hands and ability to distribute in heavy traffic I've seen at Melbourne. His composure and ability to pick the right option in a nano second is sublime. To me that's an incredible "raw talent" in itself. He's also very aggressive with healthy doses of you know what.

Thankfully, he has Petracca and Brayshaw to complement his traits.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back