Recommitted Jake Riccardi [re-signed for two years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can he 2nd ruck?

We desperately need a forward/ruck to replace Casboult

We don't need him (assuming Harry stays which we will). We need mids, esp gut running outside goal kicking types given the likely departures of Murphy, Dow and LOB in the trade period/retirement.

A pick in the 30s currently as i see it 30-40. Not getting a game in a bottom 8 side. Had a pretty ordinary year although played out of position. I dont think GWS would be too concerned about losing him either with Himmelberg, Finlayson, Hogan, Sproule and a resting ruck like Flynn has looked good forward when Preuss returns next year. Not all can play together.

Pies, North, Dons would be the ones of most need i feel

A pick in the 30s currently as i see it 30-40. Not getting a game in a bottom 8 side. Had a pretty ordinary year although played out of position. I dont think GWS would be too concerned about losing him either with Himmelberg, Finlayson, Hogan, Sproule and a resting ruck like Flynn has looked good forward when Preuss returns next year. Not all can play together.

Pies, North, Dons would be the ones of most need i feel
Unless he can play as the central FF target, I don't think we'd be interested. We've got Jones playing well as the 2nd/3rd tall, with Eyre, Baldwin and maybe Reid as potentials. After taking 8 talls over the last 2 draft/trade period, I think we'll focus on smalls. We do need a Hooker replacement, but that could come from those I listed, and Riccardi doesn't sound like that's his gig.

Honestly he's not getting a game at GWS. If he wants to come back to Melbourne his options are North, Hawks and maybe Essendon. He needs to concentrate on cementing a permanent spot in GWS best 22 before he considers a move home however.

Would fit in well at Collingwood as that middle sized KPF target between Cameron and Mihocek. Still struggle to understand why we didn’t draft him when he was there for the picking…

Unless he can play as the central FF target, I don't think we'd be interested. We've got Jones playing well as the 2nd/3rd tall, with Eyre, Baldwin and maybe Reid as potentials. After taking 8 talls over the last 2 draft/trade period, I think we'll focus on smalls. We do need a Hooker replacement, but that could come from those I listed, and Riccardi doesn't sound like that's his gig.
Whod you list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesnt do enough. Does nothing defensively. His 2K time trial time in the preseason was phenomenal, beat most of our mids, yet he just stands there waiting for the ball to be kicked to him. Has played 3 good games at AFL level as the 3rd fwd on undersized defenders. Just doesnt work hard when its not going his way.

Terrible defensively, soft even.

He doesnt do enough. Does nothing defensively. His 2K time trial time in the preseason was phenomenal, beat most of our mids, yet he just stands there waiting for the ball to be kicked to him. Has played 3 good games at AFL level as the 3rd fwd on undersized defenders. Just doesnt work hard when its not going his way.
Ah yes. It is coming apparent why he wasn’t picked up in his draft year

In before he's at Carlton on $700k.

Is there some attitude issues?

Seems telling that Collingwood interviewed 4 times and decided against picking him.

Perhaps you can read into that they weren’t entirely happy with what was said in the interviews and gave him a few chances.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back