Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

It was 100% bunk. Started by Jon Ralph who proposed that because we didn't get Naughton it made sense we were now going for JUH - which the rest of the media ran with as it if were truth. Bloody idiots.
I’d also be shocked if Sydney are making these supposed massive offers anyway. I’d have thought that, like the Dogs, your focus would be on retention rather than recruitment.

There’s an insane amount of talent under 25 years old at the Swans - more important to lock away guys like McDonald than to chase a guy from the same draft year when the two have basically been on par with each other so far anyway

I’d also be shocked if Sydney are making these supposed massive offers anyway. I’d have thought that, like the Dogs, your focus would be on retention rather than recruitment.

There’s an insane amount of talent under 25 years old at the Swans - more important to lock away guys like McDonald than to chase a guy from the same draft year when the two have basically been on par with each other so far anyway
The only source of any Jamarra to Sydney offer is Leigh Montagna saying "Someone like Sydney could offer him $1.5m a year", and all these sites have ran with it like gospel.

After Naughton, Jamarra and our other re-signings, it's hard to imagine we'd have the cap space to go after a bigger name FA mid. Really need to nail the next draft or 2.

Our older midfielders will be transitioned out freeing up cap space I guess. When you are 30+ and approaching the end of a contract, any serious injury or drop in form could spell the end

We need to choose a 22-24yo that is on the edge of selection at a team with a stacked midfield, and we need to get that decision right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back