Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if we'll give him the number 8 that's likely to be vacated by Trengove next year? Could possibly want 37 (Goodes) if Roarke Smith leaves, or potentially move Laith to 8 and he can take 23 (Buddy)
Is that a thing? A bloke taking the famous number from another team because they share an indigenous heritage?

I’d rather he took a number and made it his own. There’s already far too much pressure on this young man’s shoulders without adding to it.

Is that a thing? A bloke taking the famous number from another team because they share an indigenous heritage?

I’d rather he took a number and made it his own. There’s already far too much pressure on this young man’s shoulders without adding to it.
23 is iconic more due to Michael Jordan. Lots of sportsman have wanted the 23 for this reason.

It is, a lot of kids like taking the number of their heroes. Who knows if he thinks like that though

Any current photos of Marra? I remember seeing one from earlier on in the year that looked like he’d put on a bit of muscle.

Any current photos of Marra? I remember seeing one from earlier on in the year that looked like he’d put on a bit of muscle.
He was running up sand dunes the other day on his insta. Definitely put on some weight. Curious to see the combine results and see just how much weight he's added and if that's effected his speed.

Yeah he's bulked up a bit. Looks like he might be 196cm* too.

1600574318626.png

* around the biceps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading that Schache article from the HS (and looking at the pic above ;) ) I'm wondering if JUH has the aggression that Chris Grant was talking about.

I'm not saying he hasn't got it but at the same time I can't recall any commentary or clips that suggest he's a mean beast.

Remember Schache was a #2 draft pick himself. In Schache's case we know now what the missing ingredient was and how much it has affected his perceived value.

I'm just hoping JUH has a bit of that physical presence when he has to match it with hardened AFL defenders.

He was running up sand dunes the other day on his insta. Definitely put on some weight. Curious to see the combine results and see just how much weight he's added and if that's effected his speed.
I’m not on instagram, any chance you could share in this thread?

Not indigenous, but Liam Picken asked for #42 because it was worn by his childhood hero, Darren Millane.

Am I the only one who thinks Adelaide would be stupid to bid on him at 1? It’s such a big media thing to have the #1 pick coming to your club. You can literally build membership campaigns over it.

tbh I wouldn’t be upset if they did. Would great a huge amount of hype and interest in the dogs if he was the first pick.

Am I the only one who thinks Adelaide would be stupid to bid on him at 1? It’s such a big media thing to have the #1 pick coming to your club. You can literally build membership campaigns over it.

tbh I wouldn’t be upset if they did. Would great a huge amount of hype and interest in the dogs if he was the first pick.
I’d be pretty surprised if they did, but we can’t lose either way. Either we get him cheaper, or we get the prestige of Pick 1

Reading that Schache article from the HS (and looking at the pic above ;) ) I'm wondering if JUH has the aggression that Chris Grant was talking about.

I'm not saying he hasn't got it but at the same time I can't recall any commentary or clips that suggest he's a mean beast.

Remember Schache was a #2 draft pick himself. In Schache's case we know now what the missing ingredient was and how much it has affected his perceived value.

I'm just hoping JUH has a bit of that physical presence when he has to match it with hardened AFL defenders.
He definitely aggressively attacks the ball aerially which Schache didn't.
I've also seen him rip the ball out of players hands in tackles twice which I think shows an aggressive mindset.

Almost all clubs have a best available policy certainly in the first round. Why would they not bid if he is the best player?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back