Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just an FYI, don't bite my head off.

Interview with Matthew Nicks this morning where he's basically confirmed Crows will bid on JUH with Pick 1
That’s fine by us, I think the dogs would be happy to take the praise of taking JUH at pick 1 as it would be awesome for the publicity and to sell it to members.
I think it would be the wrong move for the crows to bid on JUH. He’s not likely to slip past pick 2-3 without getting bid on so I can’t see how it would benefit you to do so and lose all the praise of “pick 1”.

Who do you think you guys will take anyway..?

Interview with Matthew Nicks this morning where he's basically confirmed Crows will bid on JUH with Pick 1
I’d rather than 1 than 2.

Made finals and get the number one draft pick as well I am more then fine with that

Good move trading 26 for 29 & 52. I don't think it is the extra 170 points that prompted the club to do this deal. The issue is we must have a relatively high level pick available after the JUH deal to select Roarke Smith. If we leave the Roarke selection to the 100's, he'll be gone way before then and someone will have themselves a bargain at our expense. Good move, Dogs.

We have the points to cover a bid at pick 1, so it's all a little academic as we are going to match any bid.

Good move trading 26 for 29 & 52. I don't think it is the extra 170 points that prompted the club to do this deal. The issue is we must have a relatively high level pick available after the JUH deal to select Roarke Smith. If we leave the Roarke selection to the 100's, he'll be gone way before then and someone will have themselves a bargain at our expense. Good move, Dogs.
Maybe they made the courtesy call on Michael Talia's missing phone. :$

That’s fine by us, I think the dogs would be happy to take the praise of taking JUH at pick 1 as it would be awesome for the publicity and to sell it to members.
I think it would be the wrong move for the crows to bid on JUH. He’s not likely to slip past pick 2-3 without getting bid on so I can’t see how it would benefit you to do so and lose all the praise of “pick 1”.

Who do you think you guys will take anyway..?

I think the publicity and 'prestige' angle for being Pick 1 is largely overstated, particularly in a footy bubble state like SA, where it's likely a heavier cross to bear.

Heart wants us to take Hollands/McDonald

Brain says we'll be conservative and pick Thilthorpe (I don't rate him as Pick 1 or 2)

The last number pick 1 we had won a Brownlow maybe JUH will make it 2 in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the publicity and 'prestige' angle for being Pick 1 is largely overstated, particularly in a footy bubble state like SA, where it's likely a heavier cross to bear.

Brain says we'll be conservative and pick Thilthorpe (I don't rate him as Pick 1 or 2)
I think if any club needs a good news story after the past couple of years it’s the Crows. It’s a weird decision for me. If any of these top end kids can’t handle the pressure of being the number 1 pick I’d question whether they’re cut out for it. Players at the top end want to be number 1 amongst their peers, kids like Hollands are pretty cocky and would love to be number 1.
A bid is coming at 2, 3 latest anyway, and we can match the bid so it just seems counter intuitive from the Crows.

Whats the point of nominating JUH at Number 1 when we have clearly been planning for this eventuality by banking points for quite some time?

I understand why the Swans would at 3 just to keep us honest and to tie our draft hand, but Number 1.

Please explain.

Thanks, where was the interview?

Whats the point of nominating JUH at Number 1 when we have clearly been planning for this eventuality by banking points for quite some time?

I understand why the Swans would at 3 just to keep us honest and to tie our draft hand, but Number 1.

Please explain.
Childish vindictiveness, simple.

McDonald is next best.

Thilthorpe has a potential huge upside but I would rather the higher floor in McDonald.

Hollands isn’t a fit for The Crows. It’s good that you don’t draft him.

McDonald is next best.

Thilthorpe has a potential huge upside but I would rather the higher floor in McDonald.

Hollands isn’t a fit for The Crows. It’s good that you don’t draft him.

I think McDonald would be a good Tex replacement, and Hollands would provide much needed 'X-Factor' and class through the middle/pushing up forward.

My personal preference is Hollands as i think there will still be a few KPP's floating around come our 2nd pick

Please explain.
Crows recruiters have said all along they have a policy of picking the player they rank highest at every available pick, which is the commonsense approach generally I would think.

Much simpler than second guessing which teams may match or not.

I’m more than happy to pay pick 1, I mean I’d almost prefer it. I wonder if there’s any pick trade which benefits both of us (but mainly them) and comes with a wink wink to not bid? Send em 29 for something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back