Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Jamarra’s old man actually liked that post when shared on Facebook by Footscray Bulldogs Fan Boy. He loves how much work the bulldogs are putting in to develop Jamarra and how they’re trying to fix his deficiencies. He reckons the dogs development coaches have put more work into him than the TAC cup coaches. He said he’s a bombers supporter but he’d love to see him play and go to the dogs because of the what they’ve done for him.

Not sure of the rules around it, but would he be eligible to play any VFL games as some sort of special rule? Or under age comps only?

Edit - Just asking as it would be good to see how he goes against grown men in a couple of games to see how he copes with it

Not sure of the rules around it, but would he be eligible to play any VFL games as some sort of special rule? Or under age comps only?

Edit - Just asking as it would be good to see how he goes against grown men in a couple of games to see how he copes with it
Yep. He’s eligible to play VFL for us next year. Will be exciting to watch

What are the rules regarding how much time he can spend around the club? You don’t want to overload the young bloke, especially as it would be his year 12 year but it would be great to integrate him into the club as much as possible. Getting him onto some club promoted gym programs so that he can really hit the ground running when we draft him.

What are the rules regarding how much time he can spend around the club? You don’t want to overload the young bloke, especially as it would be his year 12 year but it would be great to integrate him into the club as much as possible. Getting him onto some club promoted gym programs so that he can really hit the ground running when we draft him.

His dads said the coaches have had some training programs set up for him and been down there a bit to review his games with the development coaches. They’ve helped to identify and correct some of his deficiencies.

Its only over summer that he's at the club full time. I think come Feb, he'll resume schooling and footy duties with Scotch/Oakleigh from then on.

Its only over summer that he's at the club full time. I think come Feb, he'll resume schooling and footy duties with Scotch/Oakleigh from then on.
All clubs have an allocation of kids who train with them (e.g. we had Worrell with us last year). here's also our FS academy, and presumably the NGA kids take part in that too if they have time.

Edit: found the list.

All clubs have an allocation of kids who train with them (e.g. we had Worrell with us last year). here's also our FS academy, and presumably the NGA kids take part in that too if they have time.

Edit: found the list.

Yeah, I realise that, but more just meant he won't be spending too much additional time at the club once school commitments resume again.

There have been a few kids who have elected not to do year 12 and spend the year preparing for life as an AFL footballer instead. From memory, Jack Higgins is an example.

Imagine the brouhaha if a kid tied to an AFL club chose this option, especially if he spent a considerable amount of time at the club.

There have been a few kids who have elected not to do year 12 and spend the year preparing for life as an AFL footballer instead. From memory, Jack Higgins is an example.

Imagine the brouhaha if a kid tied to an AFL club chose this option, especially if he spent a considerable amount of time at the club.
It will happen sooner rather than later.
IIRC Dusty only finished a few weeks of year 10 and worked full time in the two years before he was drafted.

Some finish year 12 at 17 too and have a year to work and train. I think Trent Bianco did that this year, and I remember last year Curtis Taylor spent the year working in real estate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yes I wouldn't be surprised, his movement in traffic seems very similar!

I'm also thinking how he will fit into the team with Schache, Bruce, Naughton AND English!!!

If he can be that roaming tall that would be brilliant for us
thats not really going to be something we need to worry about. as bruce is beginning to come to the end of his career marra will be beginning to put some runs on the board. he wont be in our afl best 22 in the next 2 years

thats not really going to be something we need to worry about. as bruce is beginning to come to the end of his career marra will be beginning to put some runs on the board. he wont be in our afl best 22 in the next 2 years

well he obviously wont be in 2020 - so I guess you mean he wont break into the 22 in his first year?

I wouldn't be betting against that happening

I only have a basic understanding of the NGA and this has probably been covered earlier, but why do the Bulldogs have access to a kid who plays for the Oakleigh Chargers ?

Does he have a Ballarat background ?

I only have a basic understanding of the NGA and this has probably been covered earlier, but why do the Bulldogs have access to a kid who plays for the Oakleigh Chargers ?

Does he have a Ballarat background ?

Clubs all have allocated areas from which they can draw NGA kids. Ours are Ballarat, Hamilton, Horsham, Warrnambool and Footscray, and Jamarra's from Warrnambool, though he's boarding at Scotch right now so playing for Oakleigh.

What are some nick names may be "The Juggler" from J Ugle like The Bont gets his or Hagan the Magnificent from Hagar the Horrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back