Traded Jarrad Witts [traded to Gold Coast for picks 44 & 62]

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon West Coast would have said that about Nic Nat. You dont have a crystal ball ;)

Mumford going down is a real possiblilty - see last year.

I dont see a ruck replacement who can add that space-clearing intimidation in the midfield ... we live or die by our Mummy (ie no Mummy, no flag, whether we trade for Witts or not).

*shrug* He's contracted, and if you're a country boy with a dislike for the limelight, then you want to be in Sydney.

And you dont know who Downie is, right ?

In fairness you mentioned Simpson as an option ahead of Downie and openly admitted Witts is an upgrade on Simpson so you don't really seem to rate him at all either.

FWIW I think you're more on the money than the posters you're disagreeing with. You just aren't getting your point across all that well...

And at least half of them from Collingwood supporters ... which is apparently the club that doesnt rate him or want him at their club.
You're a bit slow, yeah? Pretty much all the pies supporters here would be happy to keep Witts, as would the club. Us wanting him is not the issue here.

You're a bit slow, yeah? Pretty much all the pies supporters here would be happy to keep Witts, as would the club. Us wanting him is not the issue here.

Fighting a losing battle your post is more likely to be reported than taken in.

Like the Cloke thread it'll be the vocal minority of Collingwood posters that posters such as Ian believe over the more rational majority who's preference would be to keep both.

That rational majority may not necessarily agree on value, but they do realise that its probably unrealistic to keep them considering how the club has handled them in 2016.

Let me clear things up.

We DO NOT want to trade Witts unless it's a deal too good to refuse.

The problem is that Witts is in the worst position possible for an up and coming ruck, with Grundy being younger and better. This is not Witts's fault and by no means does he have mediocre talent, no pure ruck under the age of 24 would get a game with Grundy has our primary ruck.

The only reason why we are discussing the prospect of trading Witts is because he acknowledges the above fact and wants to explore his opportunities. Therefore, he will be only traded to a club who will give him a real go at the number 1 ruck.

LOL WHAT? Mumford is probably the most injury prone ruck in the game, if there's 1 ruck you can't rely on to play out a full season it's mumford.

Let me be clearer. If we lose Mummy for finals we aren't winning a flag.

Regardless of if its Downie Simpson Lobb or Witts replacing him, it doesn't matter. No Mummy no Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Witts and pick 26 for obrien and pick 32 seems fair

Hawks need a ruck
Pies need another young athletic forward next to Darcy moore

Hawks need a ruck
I'm not sure why you think the pick upgrade in the Hawks favour is necessary given O'Brien has done less than Witts at senior level.

I'm not sure why you think the pick upgrade in the Hawks favour is necessary given O'Brien has done less than Witts at senior level.

That's debatable, yes witts has played more games but you can argue due to O'Brien being younger and the potential he has shown this year as an athletic kpf a pick upgrade may not be out of the question.

Do you think a straight swap is fairer?

That's debatable, yes witts has played more games but you can argue due to O'Brien being younger and the potential he has shown this year as an athletic kpf a pick upgrade may not be out of the question.

What potential? He's played like a solid C grader with possibly the best forward 50 delivery team in the league. You can say he's young and yet to come on, no probs. But don't go pretending he's shown glimpses of anything but basic competence.

Potato for Potato. Fair trade.

I'd rather steer clear altogether and try to aquire a player like Battle through the draft. I don't rate O'Brien very much. Witts has at least held his own against some of the best rucks in the game and is completely dominating the VFL. O'Brien is getting the same sort of numbers as Jackson Paine was in his second year in the VFL and we traded him for a pack of twisties.

I think you're massively overrating the carrot top.

I'd rather steer clear altogether and try to aquire a player like Battle through the draft. I don't rate O'Brien very much. Witts has at least held his own against some of the best rucks in the game and is completely dominating the VFL. O'Brien is getting the same sort of numbers as Jackson Paine was in his second year in the VFL and we traded him for a pack of twisties.

I think you're massively overrating the carrot top.

Just for reference, Jake Spencer is also dominating the ruck work in the VFL...... and nobody at Melbourne is particularly happy about him being our only viable option if Big Max goes down.

Just for reference, Jake Spencer is also dominating the ruck work in the VFL...... and nobody at Melbourne is particularly happy about him being our only viable option if Big Max goes down.
Picking up ~20 disposals a game too is he? Nope, not by the looks of it.

Let's be honest here though, Max Gawn is the best ruck in the league by the length of the Flemington straight. There aren't many ruckmen playing in the VFL or even the AFL who you'd be particularly happy to replace him with!

Hawks need a ruck

Take out the pick upgrade and it works for me because both clubs would be left thinking they'd left a bit on the table.

Witts absolutely obliterated Spencer in his VFL game, he consumed him.

Hope he stays at the pies then.
Just can't see clubs giving up what the pies think he is worth.
Thanks expert

I trust you because tigers supporters like you unfortunately have an understanding of what it means to over value ruckman - just remember big ol shauny hampson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back