Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

I know they are a joke lol
I was wondering why you've been posting so much in this thread about a deal which doesn't involve your club? But I think I've figured it out. Posted by you on Saturday:

be assured we probably know jhf next year so loading up draft capital and freeing up huge cap space

they would have been in his ear before draft and told him scenarios

other would not have offered deal to north which they rejected lol

should have taken as will be a crow 2024

thats how I see it

You were wrong, you missed out on a player you desperately wanted at your club, and now you're mad about it. Cope harder.

So you think Rawlings would accept 5 and 18 but not 3 and 19? Makes sense
So you think Rawlings would accept 5 and 18 but not 3 and 19? Makes sense 🤨
Re-read your last post where you quoted Rawlings and then take yourself to bed .

In essence you’re saying “look we know you want a top 5 pick & another 1st” but take a 2nd instead 🤦‍♂️

Re-read your last post where you quoted Rawlings and then take yourself to bed .

In essence you’re saying “look we know you want a top 5 pick & another 1st” but take a 2nd instead 🤦‍♂️
Answer my question.

Rawlings has publicly said he would accept pick 5 and pick 18. That being the case, he would also accept pick 3 and pick 19, because pick 3 and pick 19 is better than pick 5 and pick 18. If you think pick 3 and pick 19 wouldn't get it done, you are wrong, and even your own club's list manager has said so.

Gws having more picks then they need
3 and 19 for pur pick 8 and future first. Add or minus later picks.

3 and 19 to north
Oh yes, another cunning plan of expecting another club to give you more for the very same picks North are refusing. Never mind any actual reasoning behind it, I’m sure GWS will just do you a favour…

awkward dumb and dumber GIF

Answer my question.

Rawlings has publicly said he would accept pick 5 and pick 18. That being the case, he would also accept pick 3 and pick 19, because pick 3 and pick 19 is better than pick 5 and pick 18. If you think pick 3 and pick 19 wouldn't get it done, you are wrong, and even your own club's list manager has said so.
Answer my question.

You just don’t get it …

Looks like north and gws are discussing pick 1 for 3 and 12/15.
I think you guys have gone to wc because 2 is the only top5 pick available for trade.

Crows? Or is that central to the Rankine deal? Surprised Adelaide haven’t explored a drop to 8, which is probably more Rankine’s value and bank say a second rounder on top.

Answer my question.

Please post the link of rawlings saying he would accept pick 5 and 18 for JHF...:$

Crows? Or is that central to the Rankine deal? Surprised Adelaide haven’t explored a drop to 8, which is probably more Rankine’s value and bank say a second rounder on top.
If the crows drop from 5 down to 8.. they’d want more than a random second thrown in..

be asking for a deal like we made a couple of years back with GWS to drop from 4 to 8.. GWS gave us their future 1st for that 4 spot drop.

Look at the recent history.. top 5 picks don’t get swapped out unless it’s for way overs or gun players.

No way the crows help them get jhf.
Us, wc, gws, bombers, crows.
Wc and the bombers the only options imo

Oh yes, another cunning plan of expecting another club to give you more for the very same picks North are refusing. Never mind any actual reasoning behind it, I’m sure GWS will just do you a favour…

awkward dumb and dumber GIF
You do know how trading works don't you?

That things are worth different value to different groups. It's up to Port Adelaide to maximise the value of those picks they do have, to meet the needs of the teams they are trading with, like NM. If it's not enough, it's not enough.

We don't all just get monopoly picks from the AFL to pick up players for nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Willem Drew being involved could be interesting, is he someone North would be interested in? I have no idea. But I'm sure others would kick the tires. But from Vic, likely on small coin (maybe open to a move), best 22 in a prelim year (21) and mulligan year (22 - not me saying that, just what supporters from other clubs seam to think).

Coaching staff love him, but list management might have other ideas. Assume he doesn't want to go, but going home on better coin might get him across the line.

You do know how trading works don't you?

That things are worth different value to different groups. It's up to Port Adelaide to maximise the value of those picks they do have, to meet the needs of the teams they are trading with, like NM. If it's not enough, it's not enough.

We don't all just get monopoly picks from the AFL to pick up players for nothing.
I do know how trading works in the mind of a Port Adelaide supporter though:

the simpsons escalator GIF

Those are the picks we have, genius. Unfortunately we weren't so historically s**t that the AFL felt they had to give us extra picks for free to stop us from folding this year, so we can't just make new picks out of nothing like some clubs.
It's called trading players. Good enough to satisfy either North or to another team for pick(s) that would satisfy North.

Don't go tapping up a contracted player, promise him the world and not have the ability to get a deal done. He's contracted so either pony up or watch him walk into Arden St next season. Leaves you open to giving the crows 12 months to get in his head about joining them and if he doesn't put in the work in training then he can rot away and waste a year in the VFL.

Gws having more picks then they need
3 and 19 for pur pick 8 and future first. Add or minus later picks.

3 and 19 to north

I've posted this before but Port fans seem to want to ignore it.

In 2018 when Port traded up into the top 5 for Rozee, essentially between 2 trades they gave up 11, 23, 30, 35 and 49 to get Pick 5 and Sam Mayes.

So you gave up 23, 30, 35 essentially to move up 6 spots. 49 broadly for Sam Mayes.

Do you see how much lighter your suggestion is. It isn't even close to what you've had to give up in the past.

Another example of trading for a top 5 pick was the Giants in 2019. For Adelaides Pick 4 they paid Pick 6 and their 1st from 2020.

The higher up in the top 10 you go the higher the premium to do it. There is no way anyone is stupid enough to do what you suggest. There is no premium at all for that higher value pick. There is a reason why not many top 5 picks are traded and thats due to the premium cost of doing it.

Contrary to most of the garbage being posted here from all sides, it does seem like the list managers from Port and North are going about this in good faith and progress is being made towards finding a trade for JHF. North look to have accepted that they are best off getting as much value as they can this year and moving on from a pick 1 gone sour, and Port are genuinely willing to give whatever they can to satisfy North.

They've now narrowed it down to North wanting a top 5 pick coming back to them. This is reasonable and it gives Port a clear and hopefully attainable task to pursue throughout the next week.

Pick 1 is irrelevant as North already have it.

Pick 2 is interesting because West Coast might be looking at splitting their pick anyway if they prefer the WA talent to the top 5 this year. Also has the potential to tie in with the Rioli deal. Clearly this has been the first option investigated, it just remains to be seen if all parties can click on a fair 3-way deal. I think WC and Port may struggle to line things up though, particularly with the different evaluations of Rioli muddying the waters.

Pick 3, I'm not too sure where GWS stand this year but probably they would be looking to replenish with top end talent and keep the revolving door going after losing a lot of their former stable of high pick midfielders.

Pick 4 is probably out of question because one does not simply deal with Dodoro (especially Port) and they are probably just looking to add premium talent rather than get funky with it this year.

Pick 5 is another interesting one. I think it is probably slight overs for Rankine at this point in his career and Crows would ideally be able to split it to get some extra value whilst still satisfying GC. 8 is perfect for them then, the question though is whether Port and Crows could come to a mutually beneficial pick swap, and the added intrigue is that Adelaide may consider themselves in the running for an OOC JHF next year. In any case, they would hate the optics of paving the way for JHF to end up at Port.
The other option is to wait until GC have pick 5, but frankly GC are operating on a different plane to every other club when it comes to pick values so it is difficult to see how they would be interested unless Port could throw up a player that they would leap on for "overs" a la Weller.

The other question is if North are happier with the single high end pick (plus change) rather than two mid first rounders (plus change). You'd say in the case of pick 2 and 3, no other first rounder would be involved (and Port would likely have to deploy the 23R1 pick to get the swaps over the line). 8 => 5 could be done without burning the 23R1 and would probably keep the additional 1st rounder going to North. I guess the decision has already been made by North, following the traditional wisdom that a top end pick trumps multiple lower picks, but having just been burnt by JHF, perhaps they would be better off spreading the risk and give themselves 2 rerolls at 1st rounders rather than putting all the eggs in one basket again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back