Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

You're legit one of the top 5 most toxic posters I've seen on this thread. Cheap pot shots at North add literally zero value to discussions.

But regardless, your proposals highlight the problem port have. They don't have enough capital to make all of their trades.

Trading your F1 + 33 for 15 + 18 won't happen, GWS will reject it for sure. So JHF for 8 + 15 + 18 isn't even a viable option.

In order to get these trades done, Port need to get more draft capital. Without the permission to add a F2 that means the only remaining option is trading out players.
Geez, imagine being shown to have little to no working knowledge of the trade and draft period. YIKES, I’ll enjoy this aswell as JHF 🤤

Yeah it’s best to look at the glass half full.

Half empty is losing the 4 games you won by less than 3 goals and you finish bottom 4.
We went 4-8 in games <18 points this year. Saying we go 0-12 in those isn’t “half empty” - it’s drilling a hole in the bottom of the glass to get the volume you’re looking for.

Shots fired.

In all seriousness though, Horne-Francis really has shown himself to be a rather gutless person. Would not be surprised if he never really has the grit needed to be a top line AFL player.
I think there are extenuating circumstances beyond what you would typically expect of an 18 year old draftee tbh.

Once he requested the trade they didn’t fight it, they announced it on their club website upfront and got on with getting a good return for him.

Shots fired.

In all seriousness though, Horne-Francis really has shown himself to be a rather gutless person. Would not be surprised if he never really has the grit needed to be a top line AFL player.

I wouldn’t say gutless. However I too am sitting on the fence to take it to the level a lot of Port supporters are thinking. He has lacked some mental resilience this year, if it gets hard next year how’s he going to cope. Only time will tell, hopefully our faith is justified

I think there are extenuating circumstances beyond what you would typically expect of an 18 year old draftee tbh.

Once he requested the trade they didn’t fight it, they announced it on their club website upfront and got on with getting a good return for him.

They didn't fight it as it was obvious Horne-Francis was gone regardless. Unless a South Australian club drafted him it was obvious early in 2022 that he was going to go home as soon as he possibly could.

Shots fired.

He’s just very immature and I’d say he probably needs better mentors surrounding him

He’s also not the brightest bloke, high school drop out, worked with some milk company in his top age year

Shots fired.

With Fabian Francis as the mentor what can you expect?

As Bill Simmons often says, which ever teams trades in the best player (in the trade) wins the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shots fired.

In what way was he gutless?

If Fabian had played for a vic club, he would have qualified for father son, and even tho he’s not the bio dad of Jason, the story in the media would have been that he was destined to come home

I think North did alright. JHF showed that he's a mental pygmy, wouldn't want the guy at my club.
A few North players expressing the same this evening lol

In what way was he gutless?

If Fabian had played for a vic club, he would have qualified for father son, and even tho he’s not the bio dad of Jason, the story in the media would have been that he was destined to come home
Father/son doesn’t include adoption, and even if it did I don’t think Fabian adopted JHF anyway, just married his mother.

Wouldn’t be the first kid that didn’t count because of a technicality.

What the crows gave up for Rankine has nothing to do with the absolute mauling Port gave North today.
How’s it a mauling ? time will tell what happens if port have a shocker next year and it ends up being another top 5 pick Horne Francis looks good but is no certainty. Maybe north hit the jackpot nail all the picks there’s no way of knowing who the winner is at the moment

Father/son doesn’t include adoption, and even if it did I don’t think Fabian adopted JHF anyway, just married his mother.

Wouldn’t be the first kid that didn’t count because of a technicality.
I said Fabian qualifying for father son, not Jason.

If Fabian played for a vic club he would have met the requirements for father son.

And as I said, the story in the media always would have been about Jason being destined to come home in that scenario.

Jason Horne-daicos, in a theoretical scenario would have been celebrated asking for a trade to Collingwood, not called a mentally weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back