Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

JHF will be featured in STAN’s “Show Me The Money II” airing in February.

Highlighting the behind the scenes of the draft/trade period.

Here is what North Melb said about him on last years show.

JHF will be featured in STAN’s “Show Me The Money II” airing in February.

Highlighting the behind the scenes of the draft/trade period.

Here is what North Melb said about him on last years show.

maybe my memory of watching blight, as a kid in woodville colours, isn't quite accurate but I see blight in JHF. JHF has more defensive pressure but that probably a function of the game rather than individual style.

The closest 'one player' comparison I see for JHF is Buckley.

Bucks in '92 was something else. Dominated as a 19 year old with pace, aggression and skill. Go back and watch that Bays v South prelim and tell me it isn't Buckley-esque

Yep, that was the game that clinched Fabian's new MG!

Don’t need to join too many dots to work out why either.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Because Jed burnt a few too many bridges coming back unfit this season after the Covid complications. As well as being hard to deal with in previous contract negotiations.

Clarkson spent part of 2 off-seasons up with Jed's family fishing and camping. They have a very good relationship. One of those was after he left Hawthorn.

Probably best to know the facts before slinging mud.

Because Jed burnt a few too many bridges coming back unfit this season after the Covid complications. As well as being hard to deal with in previous contract negotiations.

Clarkson spent part of 2 off-seasons up with Jed's family fishing and camping. They have a very good relationship. One of those was after he left Hawthorn.

Probably best to know the facts before slinging mud.
First day on the internet?

Call me a fact checker.

Always happen to correct nuffies. Especially when it's a serious issue like the one discussed.

Maybe head on back to your own board champ and do some fact checking there. Particularly on the equivalent thread to this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These comments from Noble are positive in that JHF wants to be the best he can. We need someone like that in the side who will take the lead and responsibility when we’re down.

Noble said the young midfielder’s issues stemmed from his desire to improve and is confident he will work through them as he matures.

“No, they’re not. I don’t think those issues are insurmountable at all,” he told SEN’s Sportsday.

“I think he was a very demanding young man, certainly with his own performance. That was just the way that he was built and some of those demands probably led to frustration which tended to bubble over.

“With my take on it, I worked pretty closely with him and thought he was probably one of the most driven young guys that I’ve been involved with.

These comments from Noble are positive in that JHF wants to be the best he can. We need someone like that in the side who will take the lead and responsibility when we’re down.

Noble said the young midfielder’s issues stemmed from his desire to improve and is confident he will work through them as he matures.

“No, they’re not. I don’t think those issues are insurmountable at all,” he told SEN’s Sportsday.

“I think he was a very demanding young man, certainly with his own performance. That was just the way that he was built and some of those demands probably led to frustration which tended to bubble over.

“With my take on it, I worked pretty closely with him and thought he was probably one of the most driven young guys that I’ve been involved with.

having someone who can wrap his arms around him (like boak and perhaps better still Tredrea) and say "this is not a sprint, it's a journey"

Guys like Tredrea and Buckley demanded to much from themselves and others around them. The result was they weren't liked. But as they settled, became comfortable with themselves and "tried" to be a part of the team (and liked) they became the greats the are.

Good bosses don't belittle others, don't crucify others for mistakes........rather they build trust and that trust allows for creativity, pushing for excellence by not fearing failure and the ability to hold tough discussions in a safe environment. JHF needs to learn this requires investment in others to build and only then is his desire going to be effective.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back