Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will only play in round 1 if he puts in a reasonable performance in at least one pre season hitout. He's not a Boak or Wines and can just step in with little prep. He needs to be fit and have touch. We have reasonable back up options

Playing him round 1 if hes not fully fit would be stupid. Especially after North stupidly did it all year.

The kids needs confidence.

Hell get roasted if he plays less than 100%.

Play him when he's 100% and let him shine.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if he isn't fit enough to play by round 1. His issue is purely muscular, if he can get the load into his legs he should be ready to go. I'd be surprised if he isn't straight into some low running contact drills post Xmas.

If he has gotten a good run at it and is available, he should be playing. You don't invest what we have into possible generational talent and not play him.

These comments from Noble are positive in that JHF wants to be the best he can. We need someone like that in the side who will take the lead and responsibility when we’re down.

Noble said the young midfielder’s issues stemmed from his desire to improve and is confident he will work through them as he matures.

“No, they’re not. I don’t think those issues are insurmountable at all,” he told SEN’s Sportsday.

“I think he was a very demanding young man, certainly with his own performance. That was just the way that he was built and some of those demands probably led to frustration which tended to bubble over.

“With my take on it, I worked pretty closely with him and thought he was probably one of the most driven young guys that I’ve been involved with.

Noble also said after all this, I don’t think his issues are insurmountable.

The issues of wanting to be the best he can be and the team to be the best it can be?

Well we wouldn't want issues like that to become the norm. 🤪

Recovery is 4-6 months for his surgery. He'll be ok for round one if not really soon after, given he had it in late October.
They actually remove some calf muscle in the procedure lol. Fortunately the prognosis is really good and generally the people that get the issue are athletes who go on to have full careers without related incidents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back