Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Which young trio were you more excited for at the time

Wingard, Wines, Polec vs Butters, Rozee and JHF

I truly believed in 2015 that Wingard would turn into a champion player. Shame what happened.

Butters, Rozee and JHF seem to be reaching their best earlier than the other three.

Here's the thing

Wingard, Wines, Polec

CAME WITH

BOAK, GRAY, HARTLETT AND BRAD EBERT

that rotation was stacked and YOUNG!

I think what sets the current three apart is attitude and team work. They have it in spades. I loved Chad, he was fantastic to watch, but his strength seemed to lie in his individual ability, Polec had the talent but I don’t recall he had the aggressive attitude or the team first attitude that our current three have.

I’d take the current trio, the earlier one was good but you’d have to think that barring injuries there’s no way you can * it up from here. In fact it’s a midfield so good we have no excuse not to patch the weaknesses we have on the ends of the field because realistically there’s not really a point in trying to bring in established midfielders. And even if there’s still deficiencies up forward and down back, we’ve had players come up and show us how important they are either for the first time (Williams, Jones, Bergman, Lord, Visentini), or they’ve had a resurgence (Byrne-Jones, Powell-Pepper, Wines). If they * this up from here in the next 5 seasons I seriously don’t know what I’ll do.

I was very very wet after Polecs first game with us BOG against carlton in the season opener of 2014 and looked like a a jet with some spunk

Wingard and Wines were as talented and exciting in 2013/2014 as the current crop, no doubt. It's just simple recency bias to argue otherwise. Wingard had won an AA guernsey in his 2nd season.

As a trio the current group is more exciting, but that's very selective criteria. Are we more promising across the list than we were in 2014? Maybe. In 2014 we also had the likes of Boak, Gray, Hartlett and Ebert who were all emerging stars as well.

I'll remind everyone that we entered the 2015 season as premiership favourites. Things really couldn't have looked much brighter in 2014.

Wingard and Wines were as talented and exciting in 2013/2014 as the current crop, no doubt. It's just simple recency bias to argue otherwise. Wingard had won an AA guernsey in his 2nd season.

As a trio the current group is more exciting, but that's very selective criteria. Are we more promising across the list than we were in 2014? Maybe. In 2014 we also had the likes of Boak, Gray, Hartlett and Ebert who were all emerging stars as well.

I'll remind everyone that we entered the 2015 season as premiership favourites. Things really couldn't have looked much brighter in 2014.
I remember catching the train home from the MCG after the 2014 prelim - I was living in Glen Waverley at the time. I was so confident that premierships were around the corner.

I remember catching the train home from the MCG after the 2014 prelim - I was living in Glen Waverley at the time. I was so confident that premierships were around the corner.
How bad does it feel now. We are going into finals with a reasonable chance and there is no energy whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the other target we snubbed for JHF, our man is the only one rated A+ in this exercise, despite the cost vs return criteria they've used...

Don't agree with this at all.

Rozee and Butters are top 5 in coaches votes for the season. Rozee has just done it back to back.

Wingard and Wines were never at that level.

Don't agree with this at all.

Rozee and Butters are top 5 in coaches votes for the season. Rozee has just done it back to back.

Wingard and Wines were never at that level.

Rozee/Butters/JHF is as exciting a midfield trio as you'll get, but we were just as excited about Wines and Wingard in 2014. Wines and Wingard were better as 19-20yos than any of the current trio, although you can clearly see JHF's ceiling is higher.

As I said, It's not just about 3 individuals, it's about the list as a whole. In 2014 we also had a 24yo on the list who won the AFLCA trophy in Gray. We had an inspirational young elite midfielder captain in Boak. It's arguably that considering age and role, Boak and Gray are a fairer comparison to Butters and Rozee.

It was enough that we were premiership favourites going into 2015. We haven't won a knockout final since.

Which young trio were you more excited for at the time

Wingard, Wines, Polec vs Butters, Rozee and JHF

I truly believed in 2015 that Wingard would turn into a champion player. Shame what happened.

Butters, Rozee and JHF seem to be reaching their best earlier than the other three.
It's honestly no comparison. Butter, Rozee and JHF by a fair length.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Everyone hates him but teammates and Port supporters.
Nth supporters hate him, every other team’s supporters, the umpires hate him , Eleni, Grimes….
He also hates everybody though and that's part of what makes him good. His game is built on white line hatred and at the end of the day, if that makes him a player that others dislike than so be it. He's playing to win, not make friends along the way.

In that respect he reminds me a bit of Hodge, more so in terms of his temperament than his playing style.

He also hates everybody though and that's part of what makes him good. His game is built on white line hatred and at the end of the day, if that makes him a player that others dislike than so be it. He's playing to win, not make friends along the way.

In that respect he reminds me a bit of Hodge, more so in terms of his temperament than his playing style.
Typical Salisbury West attitude, win and apologise after!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back