Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Extraordinary talent. Tore the game apart early and forced a tactical sub to tag him. Even Chris Scott admitted it.

That was why Geelong couldn't afford to do an HIA on Cameron.
This young man is what I call a winner. He appears humble yet very confident in his own ability. He not only executes but has real mental toughness. He type are rare. What a beauty.

He seems to have cut back on the backchat and is getting some of those high frees now. Pity he missed that late shot, would have iced the game.

But what a game and what a talent. Every time he's near the ball you expect him to win it and do something damaging in any part of the ground.

Still reminds me of Russell Ebert, that strength over the ball, balance and ability to do something all the time.

But the last thing I would have done now is put the added pressure of captaincy on a 20 year old still building his game. Let him lead by actions.

He seems to have cut back on the backchat and is getting some of those high frees now. Pity he missed that late shot, would have iced the game.

But what a game and what a talent. Every time he's near the ball you expect him to win it and do something damaging in any part of the ground.

Still reminds me of Russell Ebert, that strength over the ball, balance and ability to do something all the time.

But the last thing I would have done now is put the added pressure of captaincy on a 20 year old still building his game. Let him lead by actions.
Yes: I had been comparing him to Buckley with the blond hair & long socks but last night, gee whiz his kicks into the forward line was so Ebert like.

To be clear, my preference was for Wines to get the captaincy as a way to transition to JHF being captain when he's ready in a few years. Rozee as captain over JHF is very quickly going to turn into a difficult sell.

Jhf needs to stop ducking while loosing his feet and playing for free kicks, this is my one gripe with jhf. other then that superstar

Buckley for me.

Not going to argue about which great if the game he most resembles though 😃

This young man is what I call a winner. He appears humble yet very confident in his own ability. He not only executes but has real mental toughness. He type are rare. What a beauty.
If he finishes his career without a flag, it'll be on the coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just because JHF or butters play well, doesn’t mean you need to pile on Rozee. He was our best player for the year before his injury.
nah he had two good games against eagles and bombers, all the other games he played were meh. rozee looks great when we smash someone, the other way around when we lose

nah he had two good games against eagles and bombers, all the other games he played were meh. rozee looks great when we smash someone, the other way around when we lose

He was 5th in the Coaches Votes at the end of round 6. I really don't see why some people feel the need to bring others down to pump someone up

IF Rozee is experiencing a poor patch of form in his first year as Captain no less, then we should be looking forward to him getting back to his best

The ability to keep moving at pace while his upper body is shifting directions to track the ball is very Russell-like.

One play i saw on the highlights, where he was running against the flow but somehow collected the ball with an outstretched arm and immediately handballed backwards to a teammate’s advantage was so brazenly brilliant but at the same time, workman-like.

Just an incredible player to watch.

He was 5th in the Coaches Votes at the end of round 6. I really don't see why some people feel the need to bring others down to pump someone up

IF Rozee is experiencing a poor patch of form in his first year as Captain no less, then we should be looking forward to him getting back to his best
yeah i agree with you here

heavily inflated by two 10 vote games vs eagles and dons tho

To be clear, my preference was for Wines to get the captaincy as a way to transition to JHF being captain when he's ready in a few years. Rozee as captain over JHF is very quickly going to turn into a difficult sell.

Rozee can have it for a few years and then transition to JHF. It's a complete non-issue.

Also, Wines and Jonas were co-captains in everything but the official title due to the unpopularity of it.

Strange to be having a discussion over who is the captain and thinking the “best player” should be captain. (How long was Jonas cooked and captain - 3 years). Anyway, Rozee is captain and a great player. Whether he is our “best player” really does not matter.
Was Jonas or Cassisi ever our best player in their eras? Boak? Total non issue.

The fact the opposing coach had to sub off their only ruck half way through the second quarter, to bring someone on to tag him is being undersold. That is completely unheard of. I’ve never seen a tactical sub being made in the first half ever, let alone only 10 mins into the second quarter. Stanley wasn’t even playing that bad, it was purely to stop JHF.

Why is there even discussion of JHF and captaincy. He’s 20 for god sake. Let him develop into the player we all know he can become without that additional burden. He’s already scrutinised above others his age, we don’t need to lump this on him or be discussing it.

The best player or player with the most potential doesn’t automatically mean they should be captain or are the right fit.

Just because a player is also a natural on field winner that doesn’t mean they are automatically the best captain choice.

His first quarter was incredible - best player on the ground by a long way. But he's only a third year player and I'm not convinced he has the tank yet to be an impact player in the middle of the ground for a full four quarters. I would suggest that is why he drifted in and out of the game in the second half, rather than the Mullin tag.

He's going to win a Brownlow once he has put it all together.

His first quarter was incredible - best player on the ground by a long way. But he's only a third year player and I'm not convinced he has the tank yet to be an impact player in the middle of the ground for a full four quarters. I would suggest that is why he drifted in and out of the game in the second half, rather than the Mullin tag.

He's going to win a Brownlow once he has put it all together.
Nope, it was 100% the tag. He got the hard tag, not just a bit of a run with. Mullin followed him everywhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back