Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is talking about how good this guy is and how he's stepped his game up again this year. If it weren't for the presence of Rozee and Butters he'd be a legitimate chance to win the Brownlow this year, that's the type of impact he's having on games.

Nobody is talking about how good this guy is and how he's stepped his game up again this year. If it weren't for the presence of Rozee and Butters he'd be a legitimate chance to win the Brownlow this year, that's the type of impact he's having on games.
Seeing a lot of love from neutrals on Twitter. His footy has totally relegated the screeching to the North Melbourne diehards corner.

Surely this is Trevor bloke's last year

I heard a whisper he's going to keep playing until he nails a crucial goal in a meaningful game.

So......

I was in the members for the game against Collingwood. While there, I heard a heap of Collingwood supporters giving grudging respect to JHF.
I don’t often stray onto other club boards, but I have noticed a few posts doing the same. I think now that everyone has seen the way he plays, never drops his head, doesn’t showboat, doesn’t sook, just keeps competing. They can see now that all the stuff north were sprouting about him being soft was just bs sour grapes.

Congratulations to the Hornet who really is one of the bright sparks in a team in a sea of darkness.

You can say he has pace, skill, whatever but what is most important is that Jason just plays footy the right way. He plays to win.

Every time I watch him I remember how football should be played. I wish it would rub off on some of his teammates.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have not seen a player this talented at the Club under Hinkley. 2013-15 Wingard and Robbie Gray are up there, but JHF has a strength component to his game that separates him from the aforementioned. He plays a true grown man style of footy and yet he doesn't turn 21 years of age for another month.

I'm running out of superlatives for him because he's that good.
He reminds me of a young Nathan Buckley with the blonde hair and raised socks (and of course how he plays).

He reminds me of a young Nathan Buckley with the blonde hair and raised socks (and of course how he plays).

My thoughts exactly. He's a complete throwback to the old school footballer in both skills and appearance.

Has Jason ever spoken about his Indigenous heritage? He is in the photos promoting the Indigenous round guernsey with the other Indigenous players in the squad. Fabian Francis is Torres Strait Islander I believe, but I don't know about JHF's mum's or biological father's sides of the family.
Jason identifies as an indigenous Australian. It is not necessarily related to any biological connection.

Jason identifies as an indigenous Australian. It is not necessarily related to any biological connection.
Actually ...

"As an adult Horne-Francis learned that he had partial indigenous heritage through his biological father, whom he has no contact with. This connects him to the Wardaman people in the Northern Territory"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back