Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If his living arrangements are his priority over winning premierships And enjoying his footy then maybe he should stay.
Are you saying he isn't enjoying his footy? Source? Or could you see it in his eyes?

And name a club with better Premiership prospects in 2020/2021 that the Giants?

decides he wants to play for a club with substance and history?

Maybe he enjoys writing the history and traditions of a club rather than just being another name somewhere on a long list.

More history at our footy club than you could ever dream of GWS having.

Wow - so insightful. A club founded in 1869 has more history than a club founded in 2010. Any other pearls of wisdom you’d care to share? I know water is wet, so you’ll have to come up with something better than that.

Just a question, we’re you there at the start? Did you watch or help your club grow from literally nothing? Or did you start following a fully formed club built by others? Don’t bother answering that, it was rhetorical.

Some players want to create their own history and being apart of a teams first ever premiership would be a massive feather in the cap for any player. I know that seems to be messaging going through the Suns at the moment, creating our own history. With GWS, a club with a similar life span probably has similar thinking.

Just because your team has existed for 100 years, doesn't make it a better or worse club in 2020.

Looking forward to the melts when he re-commits to The Giants (and I am led to believe is going to happen rather soon)

Jezza will be a Giant for life.
Of all their OOC, he seems least likely to leave. No idea why he would anyway - gets the lifestyle he wants, gets big money, team is still competing in finals for the foreseeable future. Why leave at this stage? This isn't a Tom Lynch situation

Of all their OOC, he seems least likely to leave. No idea why he would anyway - gets the lifestyle he wants, gets big money, team is still competing in finals for the foreseeable future. Why leave at this stage? This isn't a Tom Lynch situation

Plus he gets to live his life in relative anonymity away from the fishbowl of AFL heartland cities like Melbourne or Adelaide.

Jezza strikes me as an introvert, someone who doesn't like the limelight, and GWS is a perfect environment for him.

I have no doubt he is staying at The Giants

Some people understand ... and as we've seen previously, some people have NFI.
I think the same thing happens on most of these player threads - some people get overly defensive of their players, or act like know it alls when it comes to every club and start declaring their opinion as fact, so people take the chance to have a laugh and throw some bait out. No one in the right mind would think Cameron is leaving unless something major changes.

Finlayson, Williams, Corr are all way more likely to head elsewhere than Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Highest paid player in the game according to herald sun

Anyone able to post the full article of the top 100?

It’s a ridiculous article. His contract isn’t the richest in the comp by a long shot.
Articles like these are a waste when you can back end or put all the money up front.

They think he is the highest paid player for this year. As most of them wouldn’t of left Melbourne or even contacted anyone at the clubs I doubt they know Jack.

It’s a ridiculous article. His contract isn’t the richest in the comp by a long shot.
Articles like these are a waste when you can back end or put all the money up front.

They think he is the highest paid player for this year. As most of them wouldn’t of left Melbourne or even contacted anyone at the clubs I doubt they know Jack.
Haven’t seen the article only the headline are you able to post it here?

My issue with that story is the following paragraph...

Despite the allure to return home and the potential lucrative offers that would be thrown his way, Cameron has indicated the bond he has with the club that drafted him back in 2012 is something special.

Firstly, the “lure of home” is the Victorian/South Australian border - parents moved from Dartmore to Mt Gambier - and last time I looked that area was significantly under represented by AFL teams, limiting his options quite dramatically.

And secondly, the club didn’t draft him in 2012. He was on the list in 2011 when I used to watch him burst off half back before being swung forward.

If they can’t get the very basics right like where he’s from and how long he’s been at the club, I’m tipping they have NFI how much he’s getting paid.

My issue with that story is the following paragraph...

Firstly, the “lure of home” is the Victorian/South Australian border - parents moved from Dartmore to Mt Gambier - and last time I looked that area was significantly under represented by AFL teams, limiting his options quite dramatically.

And secondly, the club didn’t draft him in 2012. He was on the list in 2011 when I used to watch him burst off half back before being swung forward.

If they can’t get the very basics right like where he’s from and how long he’s been at the club, I’m tipping they have NFI how much he’s getting paid.
Reminds me of whenever Ollie Wines get linked with a move back "home". Unless a club is in the works in Echuca that we haven't heard about, he isn't going home anytime soon.

Back