Traded Jeremy Cameron [traded w/ 2x 2021 R2 (ESS/GWS) to Geelong for #13, #15, #20 and 2021 R4]

Who won this trade?

• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Geelong

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Or we take him at 6 in the draft. Game glitch. lulz
It would be interesting if Geelong got to pick 6 and there is a draftee they wanted but didn't think they could get, would they really want to use that pick on Cameron

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have actually considered this.

We know that Jeremy pushed his money back for the benefit of the club and was on 1.5m this year and lost 30% of that money in COVID cuts.

We also know that Jeremy was keen to recoup that money as part of his deal with GWS, and GWS were not keen on that.

I wonder if Jeremy has then decided to explore free agency as a game of high stakes chicken with GWS, and GWS have blinked and decided to match.

It's possible that Geelong were nothing more than a stalking horse for Jeremy in pursuit of the best possible deal.

Jeremy Cameron is playing 3D chess and Geelong are playing checkers.

Well played Jezza.
If they actually convince Jez to sign on then power to them, it's his choice not theirs though. Happy to have gotten him the contract he wants tbh. If they thought they were a shot at keeping him though they wouldn't have signed Hogan I think.

If he does sign then 16 clubs will be sending the cats a thank you letter next year when they pick up all the out of contract players from GWS whose pay increases they can't afford to support.

It'd be insanity if the cats pull out of Cameron now
You don't just walk away from a player like that asking in, but i think honestly he causes a many problems as he solves.

If we're dropping pressure forwards and we have to play a resting ruck forward we'll be conceding rebound 50s off most of the f50 entries that hit the deck. Needs a total overhaul of playing style

Why wouldn't they get close to fair value?

Or as a min something better than the compo pick value?

The threat of the draft is always there.....but rarely used. If you play dirty and kick sand in the face of other kids in the sand pit.......You soon have no friends nor respect.

The fact the the Giants chose to match does not mean the GFC now have a benchmark for the trade. They took a gamble. Let's see what happens.

It's all posturing .... Media Muppets on the take getting leaked info from clubs printing one eyed agendas.

Geelong have the draft picks. Cameron has nominated Geelong. It will guarenteed get done.

It would be detrimental to their footy club if Geelong turned their back on Cameron. Players won't nominate them if Geelong can't guarentee them of getting to their destination.

Kelly framework deal is minimum baseline. Geelong know it. GWS know it. The player GWS crave won't eventuate because noone wants to go to an expansion club unless they getting massively overpaid. And GWS and GC are salary stung now compared to years ago.

David King has just come out and stated that the Tim Kelly trade (not the Dangerfield trade) is the clearest point of reference for Jeremy Cameron.
As much as Catters on Big Footy want to try and deny it, GWS will require Geelong pay a heavy price (may end up more than 2 first round picks).

"Dual premiership Kangaroo David King believes the Giants should look to the significant Tim Kelly trade of last year to set the standard for negotiations with Geelong over a Jeremy Cameron deal."

It's not life or death...

Thanks forums user FreeTK.

You just made a series of claims saying that GWS were being unprofessional, dodgy and accused them of trying to piss off Geelong. Even though they have publicly stated what they think is fair value for Cameron.

When it was pointed out to you that Geelong had conducted themselves in the exact same manner, your response was that it was somehow ok as the player in question had only been on the list for 12 months.

You're using an article from October 2018 to try and draw parallels here? Kelly is 1 year into his 2 year initial contract with Geelong and the Eagles have been in his ear for 12 months already, are trying to browbeat Geelong into trading him, and you expect Geelong to be offering up trade scenarios to the Eagles?

You've got one of the longest bows I've seen in the thread.

That makes absolutely no sense, and is completely lacking in logical consistency and incredibly disingenuous.

Yes, thankyou, agreed.

I've heard people say that Geelong walking away from the deal is fair game, which is fine, but it's a very different narrative to a certain trade last year.

Of course it's a different narrative - it's miles apart in context.

David King has just come out and stated that the Tim Kelly trade (not the Dangerfield trade) is the clearest point of reference for Jeremy Cameron.
As much as Catters on Big Footy want to try and deny it, GWS will require Geelong pay a heavy price (may end up more than 2 first round picks).

"Dual premiership Kangaroo David King believes the Giants should look to the significant Tim Kelly trade of last year to set the standard for negotiations with Geelong over a Jeremy Cameron deal."

Oh so now David King is respected and his opinion matters??

Thanks forums user FreeTK.

You're using an article from October 2018 to try and draw parallels here? Kelly is 1 year into his 2 year initial contract with Geelong and the Eagles have been in his ear for 12 months already, are trying to browbeat Geelong into trading him, and you expect Geelong to be offering up trade scenarios to the Eagles?

You've got one of the longest bows I've seen in the thread.

Yes, thankyou, agreed.

Of course it's a different narrative - it's miles apart in context.
Oh so now David King is respected and his opinion matters??

The way Geelong supporters are carrying on now compared to the Tim Kelly trade reveals their deep hypocrisy. What they now criticise GWS for doing, they themselves did, not just once, but for almost two years.

Citing that Cameron is a RFA and Kelly was not is completely irrelevant. Any player, at any stage of their career can request a trade. FA are given special conditions due to their prior service, however if the home team chooses to match, as GWS have (which is their right) it becomes a trade. Whether the player has been there for 1 year or 10 years now becomes irrelevant.

You're wildly lashing out at those on the forum only because you are upset that Geelong will have to pay a heavy price if they are to recruit Jeremy Cameron.

I am not interested in trying to convince you of a reality that deep down you already know

Geelong will have to pay a heavy price for Cameron. The ball is in their court.

The way Geelong supporters are carrying on now compared to the Tim Kelly trade reveals their deep hypocrisy. What they now criticise GWS for doing, they themselves did.
That's fine as far as it goes, if you want to argue that. But aren't you are your fellow WCE supporters just as guilty?

We had to give you Kelly for massive unders purely out of the kindness of our hearts....but it's perfectly okay for GWS to stand firm and demand maximum value?

That's fine as far as it goes, if you want to argue that. But aren't you are your fellow WCE supporters just as guilty?

We had to give you Kelly for massive unders purely out of the kindness of our hearts....but it's perfectly okay for GWS to stand firm and demand maximum value?

It would be if that’s what actually happened. It wasn’t.

The way Geelong supporters are carrying on now compared to the Tim Kelly trade reveals their deep hypocrisy. What they now criticise GWS for doing, they themselves did, not just once, but for almost two years.

Citing that Cameron is a RFA and Kelly was not is completely irrelevant. Any player, at any stage of their career can request a trade. FA are given special conditions due to their prior service, however if the home team chooses to match, as GWS have (which is their right) it becomes a trade. Whether the player has been there for 1 year or 10 years now becomes irrelevant.

You're wildly lashing out at those on the forum only because you are upset that Geelong will have to pay a heavy price if they are to recruit Jeremy Cameron.

I am not interested in trying to convince you of a reality that deep down you already know

Thats one of the more deluded posts i have ever read on bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, we certainly did enjoy the trade period last year.

Much of that was down to over 12 months of Geelong supporters on this forum steadfast that Kelly either wouldn't request a trade, or Geelong wouldn't let him go.

That is substantially different to what GWS and other club supporters are saying in this thread.

It's quite simple, Geelong doesn't get to have it all its own way.

They can either pay a heavy price for Cameron, or not.

If Cats supporters on here stop being hypocritical flogs no-one would be posting any reference to the Kelly trade.

You made your bed...........now you get to lay in it!

It's quite entertaining reading Cats posters all of a sudden do back flips and starting crying about a club demanding top compensation for a A grader and Coleman medalist.

Bloody hilarious actually. Please keep up the good work, it helps get through the off season. :thumbsu:

still can’t get over tim kelly I see. It’s been 12 months, maybe a few more years will do it then. Never seen so many west coast fans all riled up in a thread that has nothing to do with them! Simply can’t get over the big pole geelong shoved somewhere last year.

Another concerned West Coast poster, great to see so many taking an interest in our clubs dealings. Just because you are upset you had a pay a high price for a player from your home state you could have drafted yourself is not relevant.

Unless GWS are really unreasonable - and they have not ever been previously in their trading - this will get done. Ideally essentially for the Kelly price which leaves us at Kelly out in Cameron which is OK. Not really a profit but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Sure, we certainly did enjoy the trade period last year.

Much of that was down to over 12 months of Geelong supporters on this forum steadfast that Kelly either wouldn't request a trade, or Geelong wouldn't let him go.

That is substantially different to what GWS and other club supporters are saying in this thread.

It's quite simple, Geelong doesn't get to have it all its own way.

They can either pay a heavy price for Cameron, or not.

Nobody cares what humpty dumpty thinks about anything, especially not Geelong supporters.

It would require minimum two first round picks in order to get to that place in the draft.

Getting him at 6 in the draft is paying a heavy price.

Another concerned West Coast poster, great to see so many taking an interest in our clubs dealings. Just because you are upset you had a pay a high price for a player from your home state you could have drafted yourself is not relevant.

Unless GWS are really unreasonable - and they have not ever been previously in their trading - this will get done. Ideally essentially for the Kelly price which leaves us at Kelly out in Cameron which is OK. Not really a profit but that's the way it goes sometimes.

You literally just said the exact same thing that I said in my post.

My post was directed at those who believe that Geelong will get him for a trade on par with the Danger trade.

Glad we agree that Geelong will have to pay minimum two firsts.

It's probably the most recent guide but I think there's a few differences you might not agree with.

Geelong had a back up plan for TK in a 1 year contract, and TK would not have gone to the draft and risked ending up in QLD for 5 years. Pretty unique situation with TK as rarely woukd a player leaving a club at the peak of his career be leaving the club on good terms.

Correct me if I'm wrong but GWS already said they wouldn't offer a 1 year contract to Jeremy. As soon as they found out he wanted a trade they started publicly making trade demands instead of trying to consult the player further on options. GWS didn't seem to recognise that the party holding the whip is Jeremy.

Now that they realise Jeremy has all the power not the Geelong footy club they seem to be trying to walk it back but I'm not sure that's going to be taken seriously. I mean they made an offer that was below what he wanted, he went to the market and got a better offer, they then went public about trading him instead of upping their offer. Their counter-offer was a match in the free agency process when if they actually wanted to keep him they could have made the offer any time in the lead up.

Maybe he goes for the better than TK, I'm not going to pretend I have any better info than anyone else. But I think TK was a fairly unique situation and I don't see GWS having the same leverage. I also think media are going to always lean towards stories that get clicks and the ones that get clicks are the headlines that people want to be true. A story will always get more clicks if it involves bigger and bigger trades.

GWS aren't going to be walking away empty handed in any case

What the heck are you talking about here? Geelong supporters are criticising GWS supporters? All 1 of them?
Or the GWS club? The GWS club is doing what Geelong supporters did?

You're getting a little carried away here, lets calm down eh?

A Geelong supporter stated that GWS don't seem to be very communicative over the trade situation, despite having matched Cameron's contract presumably with the intention of forcing a trade.

You posted an article from Oct 2018, when Tim Kelly was a contracted Geelong player, when Geelong is under no obligation to trade, complaining that Geelong hadn't offered up any potential trades.

You seem to think those situations are somehow equivalent, and that is hilarious to me.

I have not lashed out at anyone, and I don't think Geelong supporters have either. You're deep into hyperbole territory here, I'd quit soon.

It would require minimum two first round picks in order to get to that place in the draft.

Getting him at 6 in the draft is paying a heavy price.

2 x 1sts is correct.

Heavy price? Not really, less than what gws reportedly is asking for. if JC goes to the draft, GWS get a big fat nothing.

GFC carries no risk in this trade. GFC moving up in the draft, forces GWS to be reasonable at the trade table or risk losing it all.

Its all on the GWS, despite what anyone thinks.

At worst the GFC end up with a Gun kid at 6, and JC ends up at north. lulz.

Make no mistake the GFC has the whip hand.

The media cronies need to start speaking about this option.

still can’t get over tim kelly I see. It’s been 12 months, maybe a few more years will do it then. Never seen so many west coast fans all riled up in a thread that has nothing to do with them! Simply can’t get over the big pole geelong shoved somewhere last year.

The obsessiveness is extremely humerous. I’m here to mainly find out where my team is at however this thread is overrun by very salty eagle fans.
It’s only a trade, hardly significant overall in the AFL. One player for a pick or 2 is so damn minor in the overall scheme of things.
Grand Final losses hurt, trade losses is hardly a blip on the radar. If WCE were involved in a trade not involving us I would not pay any attention to it yet here they all are obsessing over this because we got some picks for Kelly lol.

News flash eagles fans. Teams want the best deals for them, hypocrisy has to exist, how is this news? Clubs want the best deal, of course we wanted to pay nothing, what is wrong with all of you for not understanding it? Haha f me.
Of course GWS want a bloody good deal also, it’s so weird to celebrate what another club like GWS is doing what is best for them all because you paid a price for Kelly.

Back