Jim Stynes declares worst of cancer fight over

Remove this Banner Ad

JuddyBuddy

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
A DEFIANT Jim Stynes has declared the worst of his cancer fight over after making an emotional appearance at Melbourne's best-and-fairest count tonight. The inspirational Demons president, who was given temporary leave from hospital, drew a standing ovation from nearly 1000 guests when he walked slowly on stage at Crown Palladium.

"I've got through probably the toughest part of it all," Stynes said.

"I can feel over the last week or so that I'm starting to come through, so it's really great to be here. You guys really give me that great inspiration and I'll give back as much as I can."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...nd-fairest-count/story-e6frf9jf-1226144923785

After watching a game like tonights, you forget there is important things than flags.

So happy for the big man. :thumbsu:

I'm not the one to count chickens before they hatch....still go a while yet

But where there is a will there is a way....his will is so strong, you can't help but believe he will find a way

We were almost so sure it was the worst last night...but every time we do he proves us wrong

All the prayers in the world Jimmy!!

That's great news, can't think of a player or person from another club, maybe Rob Harvey you could easily have more respect for.

I'm not the one to count chickens before they hatch....still go a while yet

But where there is a will there is a way....his will is so strong, you can't help but believe he will find a way

We were almost so sure it was the worst last night...but every time we do he proves us wrong

All the prayers in the world Jimmy!!

Yeah, reading the article I thought how can you be sure the worst is over? I think the HUN has probably taken some liberty with the headline.

But, he is quoted as saying "I've got through probably the toughest part of it all". And the thing is, he has lived it everyday, so his opinion means something. That being said, we all know how much of a recursive disease it can be, so let's just hope he's one of the "lucky" ones, cause he's a great bloke.

Hope he pulls through, I really do. Anyone that's been through it or close to someone suffering the disease knows that cancer's a severe bitch and one that can turn positive situations into negative ones very quickly.

Keep fighting Jimmy. Don't let your gaurd down.

Sadly I don't share the excitement of a recovery, despite Jim's amazing resilience. I'm astonished he made it tonight and he's a true inspiration.

Come on mate, be positive. He is. Negativity will achieve nothing.

To be honest, I'm amazed he is still here today, which is a real credit to the man.

Here's to Jimmy continually outdoing everyones expectations. Just like he did on the footy field. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody good news.
I thought his fight was over when they decided not to operate.
Lots of bad rumors going around that he was close to gone.
Wish the big bloke all the best.
He is just a great individual.

Absolutely great for the Melbourne FC.
Really has an inspirational story and wish him all the best with his continued recovery :thumbsu:

Remarkable what the man has been through. If he does survive all this, and we hope to hell he does, it will be a survival tale for the ages.

On the verge of tears here. Unbelievable.

With all due respect. And I do mean that.

Weren't you the one bumping your own thread last night and basically giving us the news to brace ourselves for the worst??

Like you had some intimate inside knowledge?

I may well be wrong, and please forgive me if I am, as I sympathise, and personally empathise with his situation. But your bump, and Jimmys subsequent public appearance and statements, do not sit well with me at all.

Make of that what you will.

Weren't you the one bumping your own thread last night and basically giving us the news to brace ourselves for the worst??

I may well be wrong, and please forgive me if I am, as I sympathise, and personally empathise with his situation. But your bump, and Jimmys subsequent public appearance and statements, do not sit well with me at all.

The Melb poster was purely sharing what he had read, or heard in the last 48 hours. I'd also read a few other similar reports in that time frame. Go easy on him.

I thought Stynes looked and sounded highly medicated. I'm hoping for the best.

I don't think that's what he has said 'that the worst is over'.

Simply that he's gotten through the 'toughest period yet'.

There is a massive difference.

Either way it's good news, obviously one to a greater extent than the other, the man is a true inspiration.

Jimmy is an unbelievably positive person.

What's said in a public forum isn't always the truth.

In this case I hope to God it is.

Look everyone wants to know how he is....bad or good and no one would post something like that unless believed

IF by some minor miracle he does get through this there will be plenty more "false alarms" and bad days between now and that day.

Cut the poster some slack..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back