Going or staying?

• going

Votes: 166 91.2%
  • staying

Votes: 16 8.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How are you and Lore etc.

Aware of the workings of the secret formula?

Contract length is a small part of the calculations or a tie breaker?
I just read the articles by journalists who aren't total hacks. I assume Lore does too.

Geelong were scary this year. Imagine next with season with their ins.

Really?
Selwood is done, Danger is slowing down, Duncan over 30, Ablett done and Hawkins is over 30.

Seriously? You think you won?

You know that 12 months ago there were two firsts on the table from Sydney right? One was their 2020 future pick, which was pick 3.

Now you get just pick 7.

But ok congrats on winning I guess?
I didn't realise they had somehow acquired pick 9 because they definitely didn't put pick 5 on the table.

Regardless, using pick 7 is good enough to allow us to potentially trade for Dunkley if he requests a trade. All that matters. Win/win for both sides.

I didn't realise they had somehow acquired pick 9 because they definitely didn't put pick 5 on the table.

Regardless, using pick 7 is good enough to allow us to potentially trade for Dunkley if he requests a trade. All that matters. Win/win for both sides.

Who is going to kick the goals?

Geelong were scary this year. Imagine next with season with their ins.
I'm not sure we're going to see full benefit to be honest.

If it clicks happy days but the cats have spent 3 years on a forward line system based on guys playing purely defensive roles and pressuring the exits for midfield and back half turnovers.

This is important because the backline has a few decent players but gets exposed with fast ball movement. This is why they are often so slow and deliberate.

Now with Jez in we might be 2-3 goals per game better off on the points for column. But also maybe we find ourselves 3-4 goals worse if in the points conceded column.

I have reserved optimism. Excited to find out

My feel is Brisbane didn’t offer as much as people are suggesting it maybe be cynical but I believe the AFL have given the Lions a thank you present for the Queensland government saving the AFL this year and needs a strong Lions team

I think the AFL present clearly is for Essendon, not us. They have literally uttered the words “the AFL needs a strong Essendon” before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see why Essendon fans are so smug about having a former best and fairest, all Australian, son of a club legend walk out the door because he can’t stand the joint all because the AFL have gifted them pick 7 so that Dodo can pick the next Aaron Francis or Scott Gumbleton.

Not if they compare it to this year’s reduced cap. :)

Great deal for both clubs and we don’t have to ride the Dodorocoaster.

Welcome Joe you bloody stud!

That moustache is instantaneously way less irritating.
They don't even know what the cap is so how can they base anything on an as yet unknown figure?
I would think most of these contracts would have adjustments for the yet unknown reduced cap (i.e. Daniher's contract to be adjusted by whatever the cap reduction is), meaning that these figures would be compared to current figures and reduced in proportion to the existing contracts.
I know you would desperately want to believe that you aren't paying him more than that, but either you are or Essendon have just been given a massive leg up. I think you must be paying him $800K per season.

Hard to see why Essendon fans are so smug about having a former best and fairest, all Australian, son of a club legend walk out the door because he can’t stand the joint all because the AFL have gifted them pick 7 so that Dodo can pick the next Aaron Francis or Scott Gumbleton.
Yep if anyone at Essendon had half a brain they wouldn’t Let dodoro any where near the draft with 2-3 top ten picks I would be sending him on a holiday 😊

They don't even know what the cap is so how can they base anything on an as yet unknown figure?
I would think most of these contracts would have adjustments for the yet unknown reduced cap (i.e. Daniher's contract to be adjusted by whatever the cap reduction is), meaning that these figures would be compared to current figures and reduced in proportion to the existing contracts.
I know you would desperately want to believe that you aren't paying him more than that, but either you are or Essendon have just been given a massive leg up. I think you must be paying him $800K per season.

You’re wrong, but thanks for your thoughts.

Back