Recommitted Joel Amartey [signs 3 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Will depend whether he’s guaranteed a spot going forward. It was only Hawthorn we do have to be a bit reasonable yes did well but it’s against a VFL standard side.

Fair point. The Hawthorn talls in their backline are really, really stinky.

Their whole side is. That’s not taking anything from Joel but Reid is due back soon and I know how the Swans work, he’ll be picked ahead though they may go Ladhams for Reid when Hickey returns. Don’t love the idea though.

Prefacing as the above that our defense was woeful on Sunday, but he did look good. Very quick off the mark, decent hands and kicking action.

Impossible to evaluate from the game, but what's his defensive work rate like? Or is he a bit of a here for the good times, invisible in the bad times forward?

Prefacing as the above that our defense was woeful on Sunday, but he did look good. Very quick off the mark, decent hands and kicking action.

Impossible to evaluate from the game, but what's his defensive work rate like? Or is he a bit of a here for the good times, invisible in the bad times forward?

He's decent defensively he's not as good as Logan is defensive but he's good enough. McLean is hopeless defensively for us, I always shudder him near a team, even your side managed to mark him fine lol

Whenever I have seem him play he looks like a good prospect, but he doesn't play much AFL.
He gets injured a lot, especially during pre-season. He didn't have a very good endurance base when he arrived at the club, and I don't think he's managed to complete a proper pre-season in his five or six years at the club.

Will depend whether he’s guaranteed a spot going forward. It was only Hawthorn we do have to be a bit reasonable yes did well but it’s against a VFL standard side.
Pretty sure he showed good signs against the Bulldogs last year too. The kid can play

Pretty sure he showed good signs against the Bulldogs last year too. The kid can play

Never said otherwise but consistency is a huge issue and let’s not pretend the Dogs were good last year they made the 8 by default

Massive bummer. Hamstring again.

His manager will be taking calls all thru the year though. Obvious KPF talent...whenever Franklin does not play he dominates as a KPF. Great signs.
Timing of his leads is terrific and can mark overhead. He was on his way again after a big 1st qtr on the weekend. Bugga.

Needs to be re-signed. Vic clubs saw the obvious as well, and will circle like vultures hoping to jag him cheapish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Lions should have a crack, cover at both ends of the ground and is only 23 years of age so still a couple of seasons off his peak.

Sydney's trio of young talls with Amartey, McLean and McDonald is one I'd be excited about. Priority re-signing I'd guess for the Swans.

Sydney's trio of young talls with Amartey, McLean and McDonald is one I'd be excited about. Priority re-signing I'd guess for the Swans.

McLean starting to show some better game awareness too, he's very slow grow but he'll give his all and work really hard to get there. I had him pegged as a stay at home FF but he's doing much more now. If we could get him some form of acceleration or agility he could be a monster. I had him on the trade block at the start of the year, I think he's one to keep hold of now.

Amartey and McDonald have shown enough glimpses - definately keepers. We just need Amartey to be super conscientious in the off season, doesn't appear to do the work and it costs him every season.

Anyway, tough job to get both McLean and Amartey signed up I would expect. We've sunk a lot of development into them, it'd be a shame to lose them before the pay-off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back