Recommitted Josh Kelly [will be a GIANT for life, has signed 8 year extension]

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury history is what holds him back from being a 1 million dollar player. Can't pay a bloke who misses a fair chunk of games each year. Then again, Carlton are paying 900k for Williams over 6 years

Injury history is what holds him back from being a 1 million dollar player. Can't pay a bloke who misses a fair chunk of games each year. Then again, Carlton are paying 900k for Williams over 6 years
Pot Kettle black

Pies are the best at giving over priced contracts to players that struggle to get on the park

Pot Kettle black

Pies are the best at giving over priced contracts to players that struggle to get on the park
Yeah we aren't great. 300k of our total cap is going to some bloke who is tearing it up at another team. We might still be paying Dayne Beams, I do not know. Plus the length on Grundy's deal.

that makes no sense, he cant comment on this cause his club made some bad decisions that he wasn't part off. bigfooty be quiet place going by that logic.
Sure he can comment. Having a go at Carlton over Williams is totally off-topic though, and is just lazy arguing/trolling. Having made the remark, hardly unusual to have someone retaliate.

I still think with where gws are at they probably benefit having him and his salary cleared pocketing another first round compo pick

To go along with their pies first rounder and their own giving them 3 firsts this year

Exactly where are we at? Got less than 5 fit senior listed players left in the reserves and are still thereabouts for a finals spot.

I still think with where gws are at they probably benefit having him and his salary cleared pocketing another first round compo pick

To go along with their pies first rounder and their own giving them 3 firsts this year
No. Kelly is the best player our club has ever had. He's not just a name and a number on a spreadsheet.

Josh may not be the best GWS player ever but he is the best GWS player to ever have a thread dedicated to him on another teams forum rolled over into a second (and maybe a third).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toby Greene and Jeremy Cameron would be the best players to pull on a GWS jumper

Josh Kelly
1 x AA
1 x B & F

I think best Giant ever is a massive call

Talk about that is happening for our 10th year on our thread and elsewhere

Ward is ahead being our MVP over the years since day dot.

Kelly definitely has the talent to get there though.

Toby’s clearly our best IMO. Does it all. Others have a flaw in their game... eg Kelly no overhead marking. Whitfield no inside game. Cameron can go missing at times.

Given the reduction in the salary cap, and the excess of talent on the Giant's list, is the general thought that they're happy to keep Kelly? Or that in an ideal world he would leave? GWS fans?

Given the reduction in the salary cap, and the excess of talent on the Giant's list, is the general thought that they're happy to keep Kelly? Or that in an ideal world he would leave? GWS fans?

Giants fans seem 50/50. Happy if he stays but not end of the world should he go.

The salary cap is fine, With the players who left last year such as Cameron, Williams etc all offered contracts, we don’t have cap issues.
If we would want him gone we wouldn’t of made him Captain last 2 weeks.

What an amazing move by his manager to get this deal over the line, but wtf were GWS thinking when they approved it.

Happy days for Kelly no matter what happens

Giants fans seem 50/50. Happy if he stays but not end of the world should he go.

The salary cap is fine, With the players who left last year such as Cameron, Williams etc all offered contracts, we don’t have cap issues.
If we would want him gone we wouldn’t of made him Captain last 2 weeks.
I suppose I'm more thinking of the salary cap 3-6 years down the line. The expectations of its total size would have reduced, so Kelly's share will be higher. Obviously can be worked around, but it reduces flexibility and may mean others have to take less or leave over the next 7 years.
Absolutely want him to stay but would prefer a negotiated contract rather than the existing option.
Why would he do that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back