.Karmichael Hunt linked to new NRL club Central Coast Bears

Remove this Banner Ad

BigBroMike

All Australian
Feb 4, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...tral-coast-bears/story-e6freck3-1226038731234

KARMICHAEL Hunt will be back in rugby league by 2013 - and pitched as the new face of NRL expansion - if he continues to struggle with AFL.
If the Central Coast Bears are granted entry into the game, officials are ready to make a huge play for the AFL poster boy.
Hunt is struggling with his $3 million switch to Australian rules and comes out of contract with Gold Coast at the end of next year.
The bid team - including coach-in-waiting Dave Fairleigh - is believed to have approached Hunt's manager David Riolo.
It is armed with a $10 million war chest and promises to make the former Queensland and Kangaroos fullback the face of its franchise.
Asked last night about the move to bring Hunt back to league, Fairleigh said: "Right at the moment it would be wrong to talk hypotheticals. But obviously we're moving forward, planning as if we're going to be playing in the NRL come 2013.

"And as a result, there are a number of marquee players we're considering, both here in Australia and in Great Britain.
"It's great to see a number of quality players not signing contracts beyond 2012 because they want to see what happens with expansion, see what opportunities might be out there."
Despite being signed up as the poster boy of AFL expansion, Hunt has struggled in his switch of codes.
While it's widely known several NRL clubs will make a play for the former Brisbane Bronco, the Bears are convinced they'll be able to beat their established rivals.
The Suns are aware of interest in Hunt and accept he may one day return to rugby league.
Gold Coast coach Guy McKenna recently said he hoped Hunt would stay.
"Players always want to go home," McKenna said. "Karmichael going back to league would be no different to any player moving to the Gold Coast wanting to return to his roots," he said.
"It's up to us to provide a winning culture. I'm confident that in three years, should we enjoy some success and Karmichael plays a part in that success, he will want to stick around."
Hunt has indicated a possible return to NRL.
"I haven't left the NRL on bad terms and I am sure the door will still open down the track," he has said. "Who knows what the future holds?
"If two years ago you'd asked me if I'd be playing for an AFL team I'd have wondered what you are talking about.
"Who knows? I might even finish my career in the AFL."

this story is actually really about NRL.. expanding... into... New South F#$KING WALES... wtf is the damn point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back