Official Club Stuff Ken Hinkley - 2 year contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just wanted to lift the mood on here a tad 😎

7DE5BD5C-B8D9-4E7C-9638-9FE2AEB89526.gif

After reading all the news on the extension, I get this in my feed (yes I know it was Primus)

#6monthsnoticetoday

What's the actual pass mark here?

Where do we need to finish in 2021 for the extension to not go down as premature? Top 4? A prelim final?

What's the minimum acceptable return over the next three years? One GF appearance?
Prelim at least in 2021.
A flag in the 3 years or it was a terrible move.
We’ve put all our eggs in this basket, so MUST win.

Hey guys just came over to congratulate you on awesome year last year (think you ll be there again when the whips are cracking ) and the well deserved extension of Kenny -good times ahead for you boys👍

tenor.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the 6month max payout clause is in fact a thing the term doesn’t really matter our financial exposure is covered.

This just takes away some of the pressure that could build and force us to pay overs for Kenny to keep him if we look the goods next year. If he craters per previous extensions then we’ll be in a position to pull the trigger.

I dislike Ken as much as the next guy but some of the melts on here are well over the top.

As much as I personally would have liked to keep him on tenterhooks to see how he performed in 2021, a contract extension was always on the cards given he took the team to a minor premiership and a prelim. As for the length of extension, 1 year was never going to happen; 2 years is par for the course and probably the most reasonable outcome given a maximum payout of 6 months. It could have been far worse like the 4 year extension he was given in 2017 after a demoralising EF loss. Time to move on.

We were told to get over it and move on in 2017 as well when the club made exactly the same mistake.

A ruthless club would have sacked him in 2017. Here we are, flagless and he's just been extended until the 2024 preseason.

Congratulations to Ken he’s hung in there , he has had his weeknesses that have been well documented but strengths as well particularly in connection with the players .
I feel like we can’t judge him too harshly because we haven’t had enough elite players like the Hawks and Richmond , West Coast , Geelong , Collingwood.
The Bulldogs jagged that flag , and we probably could have in ‘14 and of course this year so that’s a knock on him but the talent is looking more promising for sustained success , looking stronger off field at the moment too with Davies , Cripps and Parker .
Put it this way if Martin played for us or Dangerwe would’ve won this year ,hopefully Rozee can become that top 5 in the league that we’ve so badly needed .

If the 6month max payout clause is in fact a thing the term doesn’t really matter our financial exposure is covered.

This just takes away some of the pressure that could build and force us to pay overs for Kenny to keep him if we look the goods next year. If he craters per previous extensions then we’ll be in a position to pull the trigger.

I dislike Ken as much as the next guy but some of the melts on here are well over the top.
You don't think we've paid him overs this time after his best ever year? I bet your boots we have.

Whilst I have had my doubts about Hinkley I honestly feel that the club turned a corner last year. Proof will be in the pudding but this year feels much different to the last time we re-signed him.

Yeah we could’ve waited to see how we started the year but on the flip side it’s good to put the speculation to bed and focus on winning this year’s premiership. I truly believe we are capable of doing that and I’m expecting at least another top 4 finish.

A fair bit of overreacting going on here. You don’t have to look too far to realise that the grass isn’t always greener. New coaches have had a tough time of it of late.

Unless a Clarkson or the second coming of John Cahill falls out of the sky for us I think we are much better off with Hinkley than a first timer like nicks, Teague, longmuir, Shaw, etc or even an experienced coach like Ross Lyon. And even Clarkson is showing signs now of being human after now not having the benefit of priority picks and early draft picks from the mid 2000’s.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You don't think we've paid him overs this time after his best ever year? I bet your boots we have.

Compared to what we’d be paying if we start 7-2 it won’t be overs.

Personally I’d rather not be paying him at all but I doubt he’s in the top 6 of highest paid coaches. Clarko, Simpson, Scott, Hardwick, Bevridge, Longmire, Buckley would all be on more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back