Kyrgios: "I actually don't like tennis"

Remove this Banner Ad

What I don't understand is how his behaviour could have led to a 16 page please explain letter? The incident with stan was in very poor taste, but he apologised for it, received a suspended 6 month sentence and has been much improved behaviour wise since then. The few incidents the media have highlighted this year have been minor at worst. Code violations in tennis are common.
This. Plenty of players get code violations. Guys like Djokovic and Murray included - they would never be questioned by their OC.

Kitty Chiller is batshit crazy

Absolute saga.

Who will represent us at the Olympics?

Groth and Kokki (if fit)?

Give Millman and Ducky a go?

Has shades of the Davis Cup debacle all over it!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

According to this article, Millman and Thompson in the men's and Stosur and Gavrilova in the women's. Subject to ITF approval int he case of Millman, Thompson and Gavrilova which they seem to think is a formality.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/...-nick-kyrgios-withdrawal-20160606-gpcq05.html

How does someone like her still have a job?!?

16page letter is just ridiculous.

Not sure Nick could read a 16 page letter (oo, that was a bit mean :$ )

I did hear today that there were some other athletes that were also sent letters from the AOC and it was more a 'how can we resolve this' letter, i.e. the AOC reaching out to him, contrary to what he said. I do have some sympathy with Nick over this but I'm not sure we are getting the full story and I feel there is fault on both sides. Nick is being unfairly maligned it's true but with his past history it's not to be unexpected. The only thing he can control is how he reacts - to use a terrible cliche, the ball is in his court.

Not sure Nick could read a 16 page letter (oo, that was a bit mean :$ )

I did hear today that there were some other athletes that were also sent letters from the AOC and it was more a 'how can we resolve this' letter, i.e. the AOC reaching out to him, contrary to what he said. I do have some sympathy with Nick over this but I'm not sure we are getting the full story and I feel there is fault on both sides. Nick is being unfairly maligned it's true but with his past history it's not to be unexpected. The only thing he can control is how he reacts - to use a terrible cliche, the ball is in his court.
A 16 page letter would presumably outline his poor behaviour, the AOC values and programs, and what is expected of him - all wrapped up in a formal approach. The reason you write a letter is the same reason that you send emails, so you can perfectly construct your thoughts to best suit your argument, so you have a trail, and so you can shirk/pass-off responsibility.

You know what would have been better from the "team captain"? Kitty emailing Nic and saying "look, things have escalated and I think we should probably have a chat to clear the air. Let's schedule some time on Skype, we'll do what we need to do and get things sorted". That is what a leader would do.

A 16 page letter would presumably outline his poor behaviour, the AOC values and programs, and what is expected of him - all wrapped up in a formal approach. The reason you write a letter is the same reason that you send emails, so you can perfectly construct your thoughts to best suit your argument, so you have a trail, and so you can shirk/pass-off responsibility.

You know what would have been better from the "team captain"? Kitty emailing Nic and saying "look, things have escalated and I think we should probably have a chat to clear the air. Let's schedule some time on Skype, we'll do what we need to do and get things sorted". That is what a leader would do.

And Nick could have done the same instead of taking to Twitter to attack her, these things work both ways.

And Nick could have done the same instead of taking to Twitter to attack her, these things work both ways.

Anything that goes on behind closed doors is basically a 'he said she said' thing when it goes public anyway. It's easy to say from where we are sitting that the best thing Nick should've done is to communicate privately with Chiller or at the very least just not say anything on Twitter, but Nick is the one that has been constantly persecuted by the press and on a few occasions by Chiller not the other way around.

The damage can't be undone and the end result is for the best considering how much this saga had intensified which was not helpful for either side IMHO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything that goes on behind closed doors is basically a 'he said she said' thing when it goes public anyway. It's easy to say from where we are sitting that the best thing Nick should've done is to communicate privately with Chiller or at the very least just not say anything on Twitter, but Nick is the one that has been constantly persecuted by the press and on a few occasions by Chiller not the other way around.

The damage can't be undone and the end result is for the best considering how much this saga had intensified which was not helpful for either side IMHO.

Wait a minute, it's OK for Nick to cover his arse but putting it all on the public record but not Chiller?

Chiller jumped the gun with her comments but Nick had all sorts of opportunities to take the high moral ground and prove her wrong and he chose not to.

Wait a minute, it's OK for Nick to cover his arse but putting it all on the public record but not Chiller?

Chiller jumped the gun with her comments but Nick had all sorts of opportunities to take the high moral ground and prove her wrong and he chose not to.
That's the thing about people being appointed a leader and being put in a position of power, you have more responsibility and subsequently cop more when things go pear-shaped.

Could Nic have responded better? Probably. Do I blame him for his reaction given his improved behaviour, constant attacks by the media (and Chiller), and lack of relationship with Chiller? Nope.

Kitty Chiller should be trying to assemble the best team possible. She seemingly failed to acknowledge Nic's improved behaviour, failed to recognise that he reacts poorly to public criticism, and when all that went wrong, she failed to take appropriate measures to rectify the issue. She's a woeful leader.

Nic's not an angel, but his stance is understandable.

I don't doubt that Nick could've done better but with everything that a tennis player has on their plate, and let's be honest here for one second considering the timing of the Olympics in a standard ATP/WTA Tour schedule, Nick, who was just minding his own business, getting on with the job, shouldn't even need to defend himself whether he should be selected for what is really just an afterthought. The saga was poorly handled and having every Tom Dick and Harry weigh in on this joke was just an embarrassment.

That's the thing about people being appointed a leader and being put in a position of power, you have more responsibility and subsequently cop more when things go pear-shaped.

Could Nic have responded better? Probably. Do I blame him for his reaction given his improved behaviour, constant attacks by the media (and Chiller), and lack of relationship with Chiller? Nope.

Kitty Chiller should be trying to assemble the best team possible. She seemingly failed to acknowledge Nic's improved behaviour, failed to recognise that he reacts poorly to public criticism, and when all that went wrong, she failed to take appropriate measures to rectify the issue. She's a woeful leader.

Nic's not an angel, but his stance is understandable.

Spot on. Kitty is the leader but used her power to single out a player. Those discussions should've been conducted in private with Nick. Instead she decided to constantly use his name in a public arena to sound powerful. Now we barely hear from her.

Isn't Chiller's job to be a professional working to assemble the team?

Never mind, Nick will have the last laugh when he wins Wimbledon :thumbsu:
can I take back everything I have said about NK, he needs to behave like this, he gets something in return for getting fired up and abusing folks, but he is not physically assaulting anyone!

so, I have now done a volte face, the moralisers can whinge about NK

I reckon this is one for NK and Bernie to lose. Murray and Fed wont win. You can quote me if I am incorrect, I prolly will be. I would put a lazy dollar on T Byrdich and M Raonic the maple leaf missile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back