Prediction Likely trades from your team this off season

Remove this Banner Ad

For a 29yo that's crazy
No it's not.

If Collingwood are chasing him that hard they obviously think he could be the missing link in a flag.

So that pick may well end up being pick 18 and they can't even use it for another 12 months.

He's also under contract so Clarko won't be letting him walk for peanuts.

I don't think he's worth selling the farm for but at the same time, he's not going anywhere for a late first rounder the Hawks can't use for 12 months.

Gunston - 1st round pick LOL

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
LOL all you want. He's a gun and its an unknown draft in terms of quality. I cant see Gunston going for much less that that. The Collingwood first could end up being 18 is when the pick is taken. That's in a draft where not a heap is known about the development of the Victorian players and without a national underage carnival this year too.

Who said that? I havent heard anything on that front. Id like him at freo if possible though.

Would be a smart move.

Shouldn't cost a whole lot both trade asset and salary cap wise.

Should have a crack at Stack as well.

Last edited:
Who said that? I havent heard anything on that front. Id like him at freo if possible though.

One of our resident insiders has been saying it for a while now

One of our resident insiders has been saying it for a while now
Fair enough. Yeah I really like him as a player. We need goal kickers and he could be that type of player. What do you think a prospective trade would be?

Fair enough. Yeah I really like him as a player. We need goal kickers and he could be that type of player. What do you think a prospective trade would be?

To be honest i dont think we would expect much, dont know how it works but i think there are rules around players on the rookie list (which he is) getting senior list offers. Not even sure if you'd have to trade for him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a goal kicker and he's quality. Also, Hawthorn's best player and likely future captain. You pay a premium for that type of player,especially given he would almost certainly make Collingwood premiersip favorites.

Finally, an opposition supporter with some common sense.

Gunston - 1st round pick LOL

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Laugh all you want the guy has made the All Australian squad 5 times.

He has as many 50+ goal seasons as Jeremy Cameron despite being rotated through the backline (and is only 1 year older).

As per the Gunston thread, he also averages more goals per game in finals than basically any relevant key forward in the competition.

Hugely underrated over his career by the ignorant.

He's a goal kicker and he's quality. Also, Hawthorn's best player and likely future captain. You pay a premium for that type of player,especially given he would almost certainly make Collingwood premiersip favorites.
Future captain? Surely better off giving it to a younger player and setting up consistency rather than a guy for a season or two?

O'Meara, Mitchell, Sicily even Impey?

Future captain? Surely better off giving it to a younger player and setting up consistency rather than a guy for a season or two?

O'Meara, Mitchell, Sicily even Impey?

Without a doubt Gunston is one of the clubs best leaders both on and off the field.

Many think he should have been made captain instead of Stratton.

Being 28 years old and his proven durability, he still has 3-5 years of high quality football left.

Not sure why he's being questioned here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back