List Mgmt. List Management 2017 -Who Stays, Who Goes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clurey is fit/ agile enough to play a general midfield/tagger/ the Hoff type role. We think we have all these options because literally no one is injured at the moment. That wont be the case forever and we will need versatile players like Clurey that can fill a variety of roles if required. With Westhoff nearing the end anyway that is an extra spot for one of those guys (or Marshall). The biggest problem we have had every year for the past 3 years is threadbare KPD's with injury/suspension and I don't want to go back to that any time soon.

I could be wrong on this, but wasn't Cluzza tried as a big bodied mid for the Maggies last season, or the season before, with only moderate success?

Agreed that we need KPD depth, but I see Austin and Doogs as having more upside than Clurey, not sure if the selectors see it the same way though. ;)

Sign

Ebert , westhoff , clurey , bonner , Amon , Trengove , Houston , pittard , hombsch , Howard , Johnson, palmer , frampton , ladhams , sam gray , lienert.

Ah chee ? If he gets a run and shows signs then one year contract , otherwise trade.

Monfries - if he gets a run in AFL side and looks alright definitely sign one year. Think we need him worst case he is a good leader for kids in sanfl for one year and I think he will be keen to make up for lost time so will work his butt off.

Trade

Neade - 3rd rounder/ early 4th ie pick 40-60

Young - float him for trade. Pick 25-40, if nothing under 40 keep him.

Lobbe - contracted, try for a trade.

Delist

Matty white - great player we need but hasn't been able to stay on park for 2 years now

Krak - would consider holding on rookie list but I think he is gone

Snelling - hasn't come on this year like he should have , players have gone past him and likely drew and atley will go further past him and make him unnecessary on our list. Doesn't have enough versatility outside of centre to be an asset unless he is a good clearance mid.

Toumpas - has shown some improvement playing off a back flank. Would consider holding him for one more season but I don't see a place for him in the afl side from a half back flank at all.

That would have us with 2 cuts from main list and 3 possible trades from main list. With our picks we cannot cut too deep in this draft but I always like to bring in 3-4 kids each year.

Toumpas , Snelling , white , krak , lobbe and Neade are the obvious outs through delisting and trades as none are best 22 going forward and we are better off adding new players instead. None are types hard to replace bar white or players that will hurt us to lose.

According to Footywire, these are the players out of contract (not sure how accurate it is)

Aaron Young
Aidyn Johnson
Angus Monfries
Billy Frampton
Brad Ebert
Brendon Ah Chee
Brett Eddy
Cameron Hewett
Dan Houston
Dougal Howard
Emmanuel Irra
Jack Hombsch
Jackson Trengove
Jarrod Lienert
Jasper Pittard
Jesse Palmer
Justin Westhoff
Karl Amon
Logan Austin
Matthew White
Nathan Krakouer
Peter Ladhams
Riley Bonner
Sam Gray
Tom Clurey
Will Snelling

List situation is 38 senior players, 7 rookie players (1 Cat B)

Throw into the mix two first round draft picks who are not signed on past their initial 2 years . Quite unusual almost all other first rounders signed on for years on . Worth considering when looking at uncontracted list , these two will get some big $$

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

With Austin and Doogs waiting in the wings I wouldn't be against trading Clurey, but I doubt he would attract any more than a mid to late 2nd rounder.

his value is a tricky one. He cost a pick around 30, and he hasnt disappointed so far, so cant have gone backwards. if anything, all the years of development and now that he is ready to go should count for something.

I could be wrong on this, but wasn't Cluzza (Clurey) tried as a big bodied mid for the Maggies last season, or the season before, with only moderate success? ....
I don't recall it but I only get to about 1/3 of Maggies' games and then sometimes late, due to work. I only ever remember him as a defender. Perhaps when more senior defenders were back post-injury he might have been shunted to other positions briefly. Mind you I can't think who that would have been. Carlile played about half a game last year .. that is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toumpas, White, Hewett and Krak seem obvious. Snelling I think has a lot of talent but being small, on the rookie list and having just an ok year, he'll probably be in the gun.

If this draft is strong for talls I'd like to delist one or two and get some better prospects onto our list. At the moment there's no room for more talls up forward and in the ruck in the SANFL.

I think theres a strong case for moving on Frampton unless he can surprise in the second half of the year. He doesn't seem to be an improvement on Trengove and Howard as a tap ruck and along with Lobbe he is hindering the development of Ladhams, who I think might have a higher ceiling than both of them. Sucks for Frampton but we can't move Lobbe on.

Eddy will also have to do something significant to be worth keeping. Not much point having a depth option who has next to no AFL experience and who can only run out half a game. We could even find better depth options from other clubs delistees.

Was it the set shot from 15m out that sunk him?
Yes, but more than that. I was standing next to Byrons Firen as Lobbe lined up and I launched into a spiel about how when Lobbe did get a chance he was a good reliable shot for goal. I might as well have carried a cardboard sign saying "I know nothing about this game!"

Funny, as soon as he took that mark I immediately said 'Bet he misses the shot though'. I may as well carry a cardboard sign around saying "I also know nothing about this game but I've been trained to predict when a Port player is about to * up".

Yes, but more than that. I was standing next to Byrons Firen as Lobbe lined up and I launched into a spiel about how when Lobbe did get a chance he was a good reliable shot for goal. I might as well have carried a cardboard sign saying "I know nothing about this game!"
No need for a sign me ol china was thinking the same. Seriously Lobbes is a better shot than he showed that time.
I didn't expect him to miss it either. His inner confidence might be shot. I hope not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back