List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry for the intruded . But it wouldn't surprise me if you guys are into Charlie Spargo from Melbourne.

simpsons-dear-god.gif

Sweet is an uncontracted 25 year old who's played 11 games (0 this year). Why on earth do you think he'd cost a second rounder? The Dogs will get a future third for him if they're lucky.

Teakle is already gone, Hayes will ask for a trade unless he's a complete idiot, and hopefully we're ****ing Lycett off. If we lose all three but get Soldo and Sweet, that's hardly excessive is it? And from the perspective of the two players, Soldo and Sweet are both better off competing with each other than competing with Toby Nankervis or Tim English, so there's still something in it for them even if we get both.
I don't have any idea what we're going to have to pay for all these guys. We're probably going to need our 2nd rounder for Esava. I would suggest Soldo is also a 2nd rounder being under contract. Sweet hopefully is a 3rd at best. BZT maybe worth around 2nd/3rd as well? No idea, going to be an intriguing period.

Going to be tough to get them all, personally I just dont think there's much need for that extra 2nd rounder on Soldo to get blown. Maybe Hayes doesn't want to stay, but I don't think anyone will take him, if he agrees to remain as a backup, I think that's a better result personally. If he does find a suitor then just need to address the final option we have without trading, which is Lycett and would he be happy to play as a depth player for a year in the SANFL. I'd personally prefer Sweet, Hayes & Vis, but if it is a choice between Soldo or Lycett with Sweet & Vis, and retaining a 2nd round pick, I'd take the Lycett option for a year.

Personally I think we're 1 year away from Visentini needing games. We don't need to pop too much in front of him. Just provide ourselves a year or two of cover, then let him loose.

A direct swap for Sweet and Hayes would be pretty entertaining. 2 clubs swapping the mid-20s ruck they never play - just for them to continue to not play at their new club (if we also get Soldo).

Don't think that'll really happen, but we might be hoping to get a late-ish pick for Hayes elsewhere that gets us Sweet. They're of similar value and there's a reason we didn't delist him already.

Sorry for the intruded . But it wouldn't surprise me if you guys are into Charlie Spargo from Melbourne.
Earlier this yr when I was over in Perth watching my team(ess) play Freo . I was sitting at my motel having brekky and on the table next to me was Jason Cripps, Robbie Gray and some other port Adelaide guys. (Reckon they were over there aswell because SA under 18s were playing WA under in the Curtin raiser.
Anyway I overheard Cripps saying that he can't believe Melbourne don't play Spargo alot more. He really rates him and thinks he was one of the main catalysts for there 2021 flag.
With Shane McAdam wanting to go to melb. It wouldn't surprise me if you guys will be in to Spargo bigtime( talk around town is he is exploring his options)

Man I hope this is bull s**t or just a bit out of context.

We need small forwards, not sure about him really, but he's probably a walk up start to join our best 22 in that spot. It'd make sense, but there's no way we get a deal like this done.

DBJ and McEntee are absolutely terrible and two we need to improve on.

That “walk up start to our 22” averages 10d and 0.8 goals compared to ‘terrible’ mcintees 9.6d 0.6 goals.

I don’t think much of mcintee, and I don’t think much of adding another even shorter midget limited player whose stats are very similar ie poor.

I don't have any idea what we're going to have to pay for all these guys. We're probably going to need our 2nd rounder for Esava. I would suggest Soldo is also a 2nd rounder being under contract. Sweet hopefully is a 3rd at best. BZT maybe worth around 2nd/3rd as well? No idea, going to be an intriguing period.

Going to be tough to get them all, personally I just dont think there's much need for that extra 2nd rounder on Soldo to get blown. Maybe Hayes doesn't want to stay, but I don't think anyone will take him, if he agrees to remain as a backup, I think that's a better result personally. If he does find a suitor then just need to address the final option we have without trading, which is Lycett and would he be happy to play as a depth player for a year in the SANFL. I'd personally prefer Sweet, Hayes & Vis, but if it is a choice between Soldo or Lycett with Sweet & Vis, and retaining a 2nd round pick, I'd take the Lycett option for a year.

Personally I think we're 1 year away from Visentini needing games. We don't need to pop too much in front of him. Just provide ourselves a year or two of cover, then let him loose.

Lol. Can’t see soldo as being worth a 2nd rounder.

He’s contracted for one more year, and then an unrestricted free agent where he would almost certainly not get any compo for Richmond.

He played 8 games this year. He’s not first 22 at Richmond. He played 13 last year.

He’s never played more than 14 games in a season (injury prone and backup player at Richmond)

The only risk is Richmond refuse to trade him cause they want to keep a backup ruck more than they want to get a late pick / help soldo move.

1. Clurey would be on peanuts

2. Were desperate for tall young key defenders

Clurey is a 193cm 29yr old.

3. We had a horribly unbalanced backline with 3 key defenders all between 188-193cm in Jonas McKenzie and clurey. It was always between McKenzie and clurey. If clurey had of been at a club with a better balance of tall defenders during his prime it would have suited him a bit better than here.

4. Another team would probably be fairly interested in picking up a seasoned cheap fb. Clurey would be on a cheap contract and port would be pretty willing to let him go I imagine.

I don’t think we get much more than a 4th rounder / pick upgrade somewhere.

Take it for what it’s worth but I overheard a guy who said he was TC’s best mate on a flight a few months ago saying he’s on 500k per year.

Was talking about likelihood of him leaving at the end of the year and also how many extra pairs of shorts, shoes etc he gets off TC because they hand them out so often from the club ha.

We signed him when he was actually good in his prime too so would make sense that he’s on 500k.

1. Clurey would be on peanuts

2. Were desperate for tall young key defenders

Clurey is a 193cm 29yr old.

3. We had a horribly unbalanced backline with 3 key defenders all between 188-193cm in Jonas McKenzie and clurey. It was always between McKenzie and clurey. If clurey had of been at a club with a better balance of tall defenders during his prime it would have suited him a bit better than here.

4. Another team would probably be fairly interested in picking up a seasoned cheap fb. Clurey would be on a cheap contract and port would be pretty willing to let him go I imagine.

I don’t think we get much more than a 4th rounder / pick upgrade somewhere.
They want Clury gone, but he has a contract (for another two years).
His missus comes from Lara, maybe Geelong can take him, and we continue to pay most of his minimum wage.

Take it for what it’s worth but I overheard a guy who said he was TC’s best mate on a flight a few months ago saying he’s on 500k per year.

Was talking about likelihood of him leaving at the end of the year and also how many extra pairs of shorts, shoes etc he gets off TC because they hand them out so often from the club ha.

We signed him when he was actually good in his prime too so would make sense that he’s on 500k.
We signed him knowing he has to wear a modified boot to ease the pressure on the top of his foot.

Clurey signed a 2 yr extension on top of his contract in 2022, there’s no way we signed him to big coin for his post - 30 year old years in 2022 after he had already been nudged out of the team by McKenzie and only played 13 and 11 games the past two years.

If there’s any truth to the story , it’s likely the guy was referencing clureys contract before the extension, which would have been signed as you say.. in his prime.

They want Clury gone, but he has a contract (for another two years).
His missus comes from Lara, maybe Geelong can take him, and we continue to pay most of his minimum wage.

There’s never been any word from the club that they want clurey gone (tho he’s obviously not in our plans) clurey himself has reportedly asked for the trade, which seems smart since McKenzie went past him and now we’ve targeted other bigs that are more of a need.

There’s no reason for us to pay any of his wage, as i said above he signed a 2 yr extension (to take him into his 30’s) in 2022, after he had only played half a season the last two years.

I expect he will find a home somewhere and we will be accommodating in a trade.

There’s never been any word from the club that they want clurey gone (tho he’s obviously not in our plans) clurey himself has reportedly asked for the trade, which seems smart since McKenzie went past him and now we’ve targeted other bigs that are more of a need.

There’s no reason for us to pay any of his wage, as i said above he signed a 2 yr extension (to take him into his 30’s) in 2022, after he had only played half a season the last two years.

I expect he will find a home somewhere and we will be accommodating in a trade.

Bro our club is dead, why do you still care about trades , it's all in flames

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier this yr when I was over in Perth watching my team(ess) play Freo . I was sitting at my motel having brekky and on the table next to me was Jason Cripps, Robbie Gray and some other port Adelaide guys. (Reckon they were over there aswell because SA under 18s were playing WA under in the Curtin raiser.
Anyway I overheard Cripps saying that he can't believe Melbourne don't play Spargo alot more. He really rates him and thinks he was one of the main catalysts for there 2021 flag.
With Shane McAdam wanting to go to melb. It wouldn't surprise me if you guys will be in to Spargo bigtime( talk around town is he is exploring his options)
Whatever you think of Spargo and I don't mind him, it would mean he would be an upgrade over two problem areas at small forward in McEntee and Byrne-Jones.

Morning guys, come in peace.

Just after the consensus on what the cost of trading for Jace Burgoyne would be? IMO should have played more games is as classy as hell ball in hand like his old man.
After Ken's dumb comment about players that weren't playing in the final loss , wonder if that put some offside and seek a new path career wise.

Jace maybe looks for opportunities elsewhere? staying local would be beneficial family wise
We will have an abundance of 2nd round draft picks after Doedee compo and likely trade of Sholl
Id' happily throw a pick at Burgoyne

I know he recently re-signed but contracts are just paper these days as see way too often

Interested on your thoughts.

cheers

Just after the consensus on what the cost of trading for Jace Burgoyne would be? IMO should have played more games is as classy as hell ball in hand like his old man.
After Ken's dumb comment about players that weren't playing in the final loss , wonder if that put some offside and seek a new path career wise.

Jace maybe looks for opportunities elsewhere? staying local would be beneficial family wise
We will have an abundance of 2nd round draft picks after Doedee compo and likely trade of Sholl

cheers
There has been some unconfirmed rumours about Mead and Burgoyne possibly looking for a trade.

I'm expecting with Bonner (11 games this year) gone, Burgoyne (5 games) should see his game time increase.

There has been some unconfirmed rumours about Mead and Burgoyne possibly looking for a trade.

I'm expecting with Bonner (11 games this year) gone, Burgoyne (5 games) should see his game time increase.
You would think so
The few games I have been to live his positioning is spot on and his kicking is elite
Better option than Burton off HB
(Burton should be wing IMO)

I know he recently re-signed but contracts are just paper these days as see way too often

cheers

1. Hypothetical? Unsure of what trade value would be as a contracted player. Could be anywhere from 25-50, but port would want the upper end of that for a contracted player going to the crows. So closer to 25-40 I would think? Uncontracted it would be different.

2. Why would he need opportunities elsewhere? He’s already played 13 games at the age of 20 as a 70kg stick child. He’s playing games well ahead of where anyone pre-draft would have guessed.

3. That comment by Hinkley was dumb, but wasn’t directed at Burgoyne.

Marshall , Dixon , McKenzie and lycett were the players that were injured fronting up who Hinkley referred to having the young players behind them would have gotten beaten worse. Lycett and McKenzie the two players who couldn’t even get through the game ok.

Hayes and pasini are who the shade was thrown at. They’re the guys who should have been picked over lycett and McKenzie but Hinkley doesn’t trust them.

Man I hope this is bull s**t or just a bit out of context.

That “walk up start to our 22” averages 10d and 0.8 goals compared to ‘terrible’ mcintees 9.6d 0.6 goals.

I don’t think much of mcintee, and I don’t think much of adding another even shorter midget limited player whose stats are very similar ie poor.

Lol. Can’t see soldo as being worth a 2nd rounder.

He’s contracted for one more year, and then an unrestricted free agent where he would almost certainly not get any compo for Richmond.

He played 8 games this year. He’s not first 22 at Richmond. He played 13 last year.

He’s never played more than 14 games in a season (injury prone and backup player at Richmond)

The only risk is Richmond refuse to trade him cause they want to keep a backup ruck more than they want to get a late pick / help soldo move.
We have been into Sweet & Soldo all year.
However, a new Richmond coach may throw a spanner at any Soldo trade

1. Hypothetical? Unsure of what trade value would be as a contracted player. Could be anywhere from 25-50, but port would want the upper end of that for a contracted player going to the crows. So closer to 25-40 I would think? Uncontracted it would be different.

2. Why would he need opportunities elsewhere? He’s already played 13 games at the age of 20 as a 70kg stick child. He’s playing games well ahead of where anyone pre-draft would have guessed.

3. That comment by Hinkley was dumb, but wasn’t directed at Burgoyne.

Marshall , Dixon , McKenzie and lycett were the players that were injured fronting up who Hinkley referred to having the young players behind them would have gotten beaten worse. Lycett and McKenzie the two players who couldn’t even get through the game ok.

Hayes and pasini are who the shade was thrown at. They’re the guys who should have been picked over lycett and McKenzie but Hinkley doesn’t trust them.
Cheers , yeah 25-40 is spot on

It was more so I rated him highly and thought he could have played more games even with his build, think NWM at St.Kilda

Either way whether he stays or goes he'll end up a regular at AFL level

cheers
Burgoyne fell off the cliff a tad in his development this year but I hope he isn't trade material just yet.
Re Scholl, with all due respect who would trade for him, the Morphettville apprentice jockey school?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back