Gaming Madden 18 Connected Franchise - PS4 - Season 2 - Super Bowl LIII

Remove this Banner Ad

I think vs LA, for the first season or two (and all friendlies) I'd always win them close (and iirc, fluked 2 or 3 wins) then after that he blew me out almost every time?

Some of those games were all time greats. I wish we streamed more games in the first couple seasons.

In season 1 I think I got the 2 seed and then went one and done vs GG. I was good but was not clutch in the slightest.

2nd season I started taking it a bit more serious and developed the clutch gene, but wasn't level headed enough and got overwhelmed in the SB vs Cockliff.

3rd season I went to a totally new level and was at my best but also got even better when the game was on the line.

Some of those playoff games i don't even know how I won. Reading some of the game summaries I can still remember the plays

I think once you won one the edge wears off, then aussiedude went all the way the next year, Chewy unfortunately losing the SB in back to back years

Some of those games were all time greats. I wish we streamed more games in the first couple seasons.

In season 1 I think I got the 2 seed and then went one and done vs GG. I was good but was not clutch in the slightest.

2nd season I started taking it a bit more serious and developed the clutch gene, but wasn't level headed enough and got overwhelmed in the SB vs Cockliff.

3rd season I went to a totally new level and was at my best but also got even better when the game was on the line.

Some of those playoff games i don't even know how I won. Reading some of the game summaries I can still remember the plays

I think once you won one the edge wears off, then aussiedude went all the way the next year, Chewy unfortunately losing the SB in back to back years

Did I lose the super bowl in back to back seasons? I knew I lost one, didn't know I went back to back haha. Shows how much I've suppressed the memory 😂

Do they still not have cross play for franchise?

Thats f**king dumb. i got Madden free and have barely touched it. wont be buying next years since NCAA should be out in July

NCAA connected franchise? Haha.
It was always easy. because you could make your own conferences so people could pick their own teams. and you could also make custom schedules.

What makes the NCAA game better?

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Everything really.
Audio felt like a big college game with how loud road games could get, or even home games when on D at big moments.
and the visual stuff for road games like how the play art would get messed up.
gameplay the things like OL blocking and how it was shown with runblocks going to the 2nd level before the snap was amazing. Run game was a whole new thing in NCAA over Madden.
you could run a real no huddle offense with the whole playbook presnap.
Road to glory was a game mode worked on and it showed. it wasnt just a generic superstar mode. started with highschool and you could play as a 2 way player and be recruited at either. in college you wouldnt just start out as the started you had to win battles and stuff to work your way up the depth chart. even if you aced the high school playoffs and had a high grade.
season mode you could make custom conferences, schedules, change bowl tie-ins. recruiting was fun and having to win prospects over felt good when you beat rival schools to get them or flip them late.
They had a huge create a team thing to make a new school. you had more stadium choices and the it felt like 50+ logos to pick from.

They also had fun little modes like mascot mode and 1 button mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything really.
Audio felt like a big college game with how loud road games could get, or even home games when on D at big moments.
and the visual stuff for road games like how the play art would get messed up.
gameplay the things like OL blocking and how it was shown with runblocks going to the 2nd level before the snap was amazing. Run game was a whole new thing in NCAA over Madden.
you could run a real no huddle offense with the whole playbook presnap.
Road to glory was a game mode worked on and it showed. it wasnt just a generic superstar mode. started with highschool and you could play as a 2 way player and be recruited at either. in college you wouldnt just start out as the started you had to win battles and stuff to work your way up the depth chart. even if you aced the high school playoffs and had a high grade.
season mode you could make custom conferences, schedules, change bowl tie-ins. recruiting was fun and having to win prospects over felt good when you beat rival schools to get them or flip them late.
They had a huge create a team thing to make a new school. you had more stadium choices and the it felt like 50+ logos to pick from.

They also had fun little modes like mascot mode and 1 button mode.
Is it too heavily scewed towards the power house teams though?

at first kinda. but thats where recruiting comes in. those teams also have players leave faster.

It can change pretty quickly.

1-2 bad years, a school's prestige can drop from 5 or 6 stars where they can recruit anyone, to 3 or 4 stars where they struggle to get a 4 star recruit.
I keep on trying to schedule Notre Dame early in the season to start them off bad as I want them to crash, but it's not working.

I'm nearly 40 years into a dynasty save (I want the 60 year trophy) and besides me (Boise State) the powerhouses now are Arkanasas, Arkansas State, Florida International, Connecticut and a plethora of MAC schools are at the top.

But schools can come and go

The last few years conferences I made regionalised. But there was a stage where the Big XII was the national 1st division basically, and it actually destroyed schools like Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma who just couldn't win everry week, they'd go 8-4 instead of 11-1. It hurt their recruiting and they've never been able to rebound. Heck, Vanderbilt is my SBC powerhouse now (Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama) as they were all that was left in the SEC after I blew that up (I sent LSU, Alabama to the Big XII and Georgia, Florida and Auburn to the ACC)

It changes over time.

But for a few years, it can stay pretty similar. Most of those older games overrated Iowa, so they'd always be an early powerhouse.

And in these games you can challenge yourself. I once won a natty with UTSA only recruiting from Texas. There was a year FAU was the worst school and I made them a powerhouse only recruiting Florida. Another save you take over the pathetic UMass and try and built them. I knocked off a Michigan 40+ overall better once.

But it can be an incredible challenge, and you can move to another school mid dynasty and try and topple the team you've built up. In an old save I built Boise State to be dominant, moved to UTSA who just went 0-12. Year 1, average, played Boise State they killed me. Year 2, good, played Boise State, they beat me in a tight 1. Year 3, good, played Boise State, I won in overtime.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back