Mal Michael could go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is a slice of the article about Michael from realfooty.com.au

Triple Brisbane premiership player Mal Michael could join Nick Stevens and Nathan Brown as the most valuable trading chips on offer when the official AFL trading period begins tomorrow.

Reports from Brisbane suggest Michael could be the victim of the Lions' salary cap dilemma, after the club spent most of the past week unsuccessfully trying to secure deals for a host of uncontracted stars including Nigel Lappin, Luke Power, Martin Pike, Robert Copeland, Alastair Lynch, Craig McRae and Daniel Bradshaw.

Melbourne, which boasts two of the first five picks in this year's national draft, has an acknowledged lack of key defenders, and was one of several clubs to confirm yesterday it would be interested should Michael become available during this week's trade talks.

I'd very happy to have him at Melbourne, but what they would want for him... God only knows!

However, if he does become available, it could mean we don't take Ben Holland after all... :cool:

i like the idea of big mal in the RED and White.
i think that we still have enough room under our inflated salary cap and would not be surprised if he woke up in sydney !!!
by the way if he does be sure to get your money on the Swans next year cos i think we might be unstoppable, having beaten Brisbane twice this year.
In fact why not put some money on the Swans anyway, 2004 is the year that sydney takes over the afl and becomes a power house club ! I can feel it !!

Originally posted by SainterSim83
MM would be probably be asking for too much to join the Saints. The Lions would probably want a player + 3rd rounder for him.

3rd Rounder and a Player????/ Mate, we are talking about the premier Full Back in the AFL here. Triple Permiership Player. I am a Saints fan and he should become our no. 1 targer, before anyone, not even a ruckman before him. I would give up our 1st rounder and a player. We are talking about a fantastic player.

Originally posted by dascman03
3rd Rounder and a Player????/ Mate, we are talking about the premier Full Back in the AFL here. Triple Permiership Player. I am a Saints fan and he should become our no. 1 targer, before anyone, not even a ruckman before him. I would give up our 1st rounder and a player. We are talking about a fantastic player.
best fullback in the league???
fletcher, scarlett, leppitsch and even wakelin lately have been and are better players than michael. michael is good when bodying up but is not as attackinga s the others and struggles on the lead. id say pick between 25-40 or a player plus lower draft pick

I would say dover has his head in the sand. Mal Michael is the premier fullback in the competition, they don't grow on trees. He also smashes the ball in contests, would instill great confidence in a couple of the timid backlines that are floating around the competition at the moment. Definately worth a player of quality and a middle order draft pick

he would have a considerable trade value. I'd be prepared to give up a first rounder (well the eagles anyway which is 13) and possibly a player but im not sure they'll want anyone.

Look out peoples if Micheal becomes available the eagles will go hammer and tong to get him. It was stated on the news last night by the recruiting mananger and wosha that we wanted a key defender and we had one in mind (coincidence??).

Didnt he leave Collingwood cause he didnt like Melbourne???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back