Match Day Attendances - how will it work this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got 2 reserved seats for home games. Do I have to go into a ballot every week and not guaranteed a seat?? I paid up last year as many did, haven’t seen any benefit of doing that.....
I’m not 100% of the arrangement but I’m fairly sure reserved seat holders are guaranteed a ticket, just not necessarily their reserved seat.
Either way you have a significantly better chance of going to games than GA members who have to scrap for leftovers on ticketek. Every single member is making sacrifices on what they would usually get.

I’m not 100% of the arrangement but I’m fairly sure reserved seat holders are guaranteed a ticket, just not necessarily their reserved seat.
Either way you have a significantly better chance of going to games than GA members who have to scrap for leftovers on ticketek. Every single member is making sacrifices on what they would usually get.
Ok thanks for reply mate.
Don’t get why they are still trying to sell memberships if that is the case......

Ok thanks for reply mate.
Don’t get why they are still trying to sell memberships if that is the case......
The club needs to make money. They’ve been pretty upfront saying they can’t guarantee match day access due to crowd restrictions.
Hopefully as the season rolls on the cap can increase and we can return to more normal match day arrangements.

Reserved seats shouldn’t get to every game. It should be done by how much you pay for your membership. I pay $500 for mine. Surely get to at least 6 games. Afl and Reserved have to give up their seats some weeks :cool:

Should unfurl the flags every match for those who mightn't be able to make it for round 1.

was reported last week the club was considering holding the flags back until at full capacity

not confirmed though

I’ve got 2 reserved seats for home games. Do I have to go into a ballot every week and not guaranteed a seat?? I paid up last year as many did, haven’t seen any benefit of doing that.....
Reserved seats shouldn’t get to every game. It should be done by how much you pay for your membership. I pay $500 for mine. Surely get to at least 6 games. Afl and Reserved have to give up their seats some weeks :cool:

1) EVERY reserved seat/bay member has to go into the round 1 ballot. You are not guaranteed a seat, and you are not guaranteed to be anywhere remotely nearly your normal seating area

2) you will have to do this every round. I believe (but havent confirmed) priority will be given to those who missed on earlier rounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chief said last years memberships were a donation to the club, they should have refunded the reserved seats

TBH not sure how easy it is to do that.

if we were buying the seats from the MCC piece by piece, yeah its a no brainer. If our agreement is a blanket one with an annual fee, then we're kinda stuck paying them to maintain our access.

remember we dont have a preferential deal like the pies or hawks have, so we pretty much have to take whatever the mcc give us

1) EVERY reserved seat/bay member has to go into the round 1 ballot. You are not guaranteed a seat, and you are not guaranteed to be anywhere remotely nearly your normal seating area

2) you will have to do this every round. I believe (but havent confirmed) priority will be given to those who missed on earlier rounds
We have less than 28k reserved seat/bay members right? A reserve seat member would be unlucky to miss more than 1 match for the year @50k capacity.

Thanks China for robbing us of these awesome times watching the dominant tigers in front of full houses every week :cool:. How we supposed to convince pie supporters we can get 1.25 million crowds in a home and away season now lol

We have less than 28k reserved seat/bay members right? A reserve seat member would be unlucky to miss more than 1 match for the year @50k capacity.

no - its not reserve seats get to take what they want and everyone else gets the crumbs

reserve seats and coteries i believe have a better shot of getting a ballot win than GA, but last i heard was it may be 50% of games (depending upon demand and govt rules)

Edit- and to show you the math on that (and how it sucks for everyone)

50% of 28k is 14k reserved seat members getting in.

BUT the remaining 11k seats are shared by roundly 70k members. So while reserved seaters "only" have a 1-2 chance of getting a seat, for the GA member it's 1-7

* This is assuming the reserved seat 50% shot is still a thing (if it ever was, the amount of talk and speculation has been huge, because so many variables have been outside clubs control)

Last edited:
no - its not reserve seats get to take what they want and everyone else gets the crumbs

reserve seats and coteries i believe have a better shot of getting a ballot win than GA, but last i heard was it may be 50% of games (depending upon demand and govt rules)

Edit- and to show you the math on that (and how it sucks for everyone)

50% of 28k is 14k reserved seat members getting in.

BUT the remaining 11k seats are shared by roundly 70k members. So while reserved seaters "only" have a 1-2 chance of getting a seat, for the GA member it's 1-7

* This is assuming the reserved seat 50% shot is still a thing (if it ever was, the amount of talk and speculation has been huge, because so many variables have been outside clubs control)

do they pick out of a hat? Lol. A 3 gamer with slight interest might get to 11 games and a die hard 25 year Maurice Rioli 17 game member gets to 1. I say work out how much someone is contributing and base it on that. Ballot is completely unfair. All reserved seaters might get to 11 games, a 17 gamer to 7 and 3 gamer to 2. It’s the only way to do it

do they pick out of a hat? Lol. A 3 gamer with slight interest might get to 11 games and a die hard 25 year Maurice Rioli 17 game member gets to 1. I say work out how much someone is contributing and base it on that. Ballot is completely unfair. All reserved seaters might get to 11 games, a 17 gamer to 7 and 3 gamer to 2. It’s the only way to do it

*sigh*

a three game membership gets you to three games, so i doubt they will be able to attend 11

and as i said, i believe there will be some weighting to ensure if you miss one week youre more likely to get the next

again - everyone will miss out more than is fair, but the whole thing is unfair so its best to share the load as much as possible

im 3121, but i have no right to get 11 games guaranteed with 50 year GA members would get zero to make that happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back