Scandal McGuire Admits To Drug Abuse

Remove this Banner Ad

what a flog should just own up to it being a s**t remark not blame it on drugs. i have a rooted back and i'm on really strong and addictive pain killers still know not to say what eddie did

They might be the cause of you poor use of capital letters at the start of sentences.

Yeah you are viewing a b/s thread in your beloved board reviling Eddie then you hypocrite single out and you pick out a b/s post of mine and get offended but not offended by any other post . Have a good look at yourself I could revile you with heaps of abuse but that would be lowering myself to your level . Stuff it I will lower myself to your level . Pigs dont live in caves . Boneheads do Noel Galagher is the biggest pig in England and a talentless bonehead . Coincidence you share his name . Stay there Bonehead

you are a sexist pig and its men like you that I pray to god that my daughter stays well away from. nice reply, obviously an intellect as well...

you are a sexist pig and its men like you that I pray to god that my daughter stays well away from. nice reply, obviously an intellect as well...
Me too cos I am married all in jest buddy . I wouldnt Bone any woman who is not my wife so I would make the same sexist joke about any woman .I will run that past my wife about being a sexist pig . I certainly abhor drug abuse as well . I have daughters too that I hope arent gonna be feminist Prudes cos the world pokes more fun at blokes than women . Jokes should work both ways . The Title of this thread is tongue in cheek cos eddie is not a drug abuser cos that would be slander wouldnt it if we take whatever we choose seriously .

Sydney fans strangely quiet not laying the boots into a nemesis. Guess they have their own little matter to focus on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another example of please shut the F up, Eddie.

Usually i'd agree. But he was asked his biggest regret in an interview, and this gaffe was it. He never used it as his excuse, otherwise he would have told us when it happened or very shortly after.

If he had said something else was his biggest regret it would have been much, much worse.

I cannot understand why McGuire subjects himself to any interviews at all after the Caro fiasco. Why do a GQ interview and say anything about the past, is Eddie a publicity junkie? Is it really all about him? He just needs to shut up. He has done a magnificent job for Collingwood, he is genuinely good for football, but it's time he took a back seat and created a new low profile for himself. There are many envious people out there wanting to tear the likes of McGuire, BT and Sam Newman down, they pounce on every opportunity given. The problem with Eddie McGuire is, he doesn't know how to shut up! Does he have a manager? Who does he listen too? So many questions to be answered regarding the bizarre public life of Eddie McGuire. That hole is getting deeper and deeper.
It also might not be a bad idea if he got himself in shape, he looks awful. Eddie should not talk to the press again this year except for official Collingwood matters.

Me too cos I am married all in jest buddy . I wouldnt Bone any woman who is not my wife so I would make the same sexist joke about any woman .I will run that past my wife about being a sexist pig . I certainly abhor drug abuse as well . I have daughters too that I hope arent gonna be feminist Prudes cos the world pokes more fun at blokes than women . Jokes should work both ways . The Title of this thread is tongue in cheek cos eddie is not a drug abuser cos that would be slander wouldnt it if we take whatever we choose seriously .

sorry ive missed the whole tongue in cheek bit, been a long day...

I cannot understand why McGuire subjects himself to any interviews at all after the Caro fiasco. Why do a GQ interview and say anything about the past, is Eddie a publicity junkie? Is it really all about him? He just needs to shut up. He has done a magnificent job for Collingwood, he is genuinely good for football, but it's time he took a back seat and created a new low profile for himself. There are many envious people out there wanting to tear the likes of McGuire, BT and Sam Newman down, they pounce on every opportunity given. The problem with Eddie McGuire is, he doesn't know how to shut up! Does he have a manager? Who does he listen too? So many questions to be answered regarding the bizarre public life of Eddie McGuire. That hole is getting deeper and deeper.
It also might not be a bad idea if he got himself in shape, he looks awful. Eddie should not talk to the press again this year except for official Collingwood matters.

good points - especially on the last line, he looks terrible these days and seems to have aged dramatically in the past 5 years. no-one would begrudge him stepping down from one or more of his roles and enjoying life a little more. you have made your millions Eddie, your'e legacy at Collingwood and AFL in general is secure, step back and smell the roses

Yeah, nah.

There are a number of prescription drugs out there that, even when taken correctly, could still influence your behavior.

"heavy duty painkillers" would be high on that list.
With all the negativity coming from Telsor I actually thought it was Caroline Wilson in disguise. Caroline would've taken this and run with it as Eddie being a drug addict so it must be some other miserable sod.

Does this look like a man on drugs ?

or this

Eddy_McGuire.jpg
Eddie got catfished to send the second photo.

Usually i'd agree. But he was asked his biggest regret in an interview, and this gaffe was it. He never used it as his excuse, otherwise he would have told us when it happened or very shortly after.

If he had said something else was his biggest regret it would have been much, much worse.
Best case, McGuire was just answering a question honestly and the media chose to report it this way to portray him in a poor light.
Worst case, McGuire has played the media game poorly and his mouth has brought him more undue attention. He's really losing his touch for someone who was once a media-savvy operator. Needs to smarten up quickly.

So rather than the actual hurtful comments being the biggest gaffe, he emphasized that he should of never been at work due to the pain and medication he was taken.

Unbelievable. He still probably doesn't understand why the comments he made were so racist. Didn't the AFL order him to attend some cultural training?

Quite clearly he didn't bother to go to this 'training' nor the AFL made him actually go.

It was done prior the Caro/Queens birthday incident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back