Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2022

Cup winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who decides to say that they've backed the winner here with no previous mention of it on the board will be given a week holiday

No point backing it before the Great Voltigeur next Wednesday now. Just stay up and watch the race and if it goes well back it, if it goes full Sir Lucan then no point looking to get involved until at least post weights and Order of Entry

Yeah wouldn't be taking under $20 on any raider that isn't in Australia already.
Should have taken the 18s on offer haha. Serious horse.

Couldn't take the odds on offer now could I surely? Into $13

Should have taken the 18s on offer haha. Serious horse.

Couldn't take the odds on offer now could I surely? Into $13

Same applies for me - I wouldn't be taking these kind of prices until he gets on the plane.

Coltrane and Tashkhan going around in the Lonsdale in about an hour. The race Spanish Mission came through last year.

I good race to see a false betting move for either that runs well given Strad is out and Trueshan will be well below its best on firm going

The worlds most overrated Cup trail the Slowbor is on tonight at York. Remember how to play this - wait for the winner to be hyped to the shithouse by the Aussie press all of Sunday and then wake up Monday and lay it for the Cup for your entire betfair bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol top class - these are utter walkers that couldn't win if they started as soon as they stepped off the plane

The hyperbole as always about the international raiders will be as strong as ever.

A very weak Ebor for mine (like most years), and none of them are likely to be any chance at all unless they can produce in lead up races here in Australia.

The hyperbole as always about the international raiders will be as strong as ever.

A very weak Ebor for mine (like most years), and none of them are likely to be any chance at all unless they can produce in lead up races here in Australia.

Looking at their ratings they must have had some guarantees from Carps as they look like they will struggle to get a run.

Previously reported in an article based on an interview with Carps that Deauville Legend likely to get 53-54 due to absence of a "natural top weight" in the noms.

Alfred Boucher trainer says VRC has indicated he will get 53

POWER RANKINGS - WEEK 1

The last Sunday in August means its time to kick off the world famous power rankings for this year.

#1 DEAUVILLE LEGEND (Betfair price $12) - Obvious top seed - outstanding 3yo with all the right form lines from all the right races to win/run well. Lock to make the field and gets to keep his overseas trainer - likely remains fave from here all the way to the jump.
#2 HOO YA MAL ($16.50) - Has never been a backable price given the Gai hype but has form around DL and now looks like he will also keep his local trainer all the way up to the race meaning Gai can't wreck it. St Leger will be his big test next time out to see where he is really at.
#3 CLEVELAND ($18.50) - Looms as Aiden's best chance at the moment and looks pretty sure to come. Big knocks are that he is a 4yo and is coming through races like the Chester Cup which are generally not good enough form references for this.
#4 GOLD TRIP ($110) - Looks like this years VE to me - the WFA horse actually on this path where everyone thinks he is actually targeting a Cox Plate - main problem is owned by Oz Bloodstock who will be too dumb to realise this is where they should be going.
#5 ZECHARIAH ($80) - Another European 3yo who jumped fave against DL two starts back before bolting in at Newbury two weeks ago. Is also still in the St Leger so will get a guide v HYM there - not sure if they even intend to com though.
#6 DUAIS ($17.50) - Looks pretty clear best local hope but this race is horrendous for mares and she looked pretty average first up yesterday. Will get a better guide once she steps further out in trip.
#7 INTERPRETATION ($60) - Shapes as this year's Floating Artist as the lightly raced import from the Maher-Eustace yard who is trying to win his way in with no weight on his back. Shaped nicely first up - will need to win the Bart Cummings to get a start though
#8 STAR OF INDIA ($110) - Very speculative - going to Neesham but could end up in Sydney rather than Melbourne - won one of the main Derby trials easily before disappointing in the Derby. Very unexposed.
#9 POINT KING ($46) - LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYD - European 3yo who has only had four starts but has won all three this year including a facile victory at listed level at Leopardstown two weeks ago. Will look to win the same race Tiger Moth won 2 years ago to get a ratings boost to get into the race. Given that the current price already rock bottom.
#10 GEAR UP ($100) - Don't think he is coming any more but if he did he would be the type to run a slasher in the Caulfield Cup and start about $15 at Flemington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back