Racing Melbourne Cup Day 2022

Cup winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who decides to say that they've backed the winner here with no previous mention of it on the board will be given a week holiday

I’m almost certain DL passed his vet checks straight after the win in the GV

The random Williams or Aiden runners you couldn’t possibly touch until they stepped on a plane at this stage in the game

I’d say at least 4-5 will start. DL, HYM, without a fight and the couple of oz bloodstock walkers should line up plus Camorra that Hayes has

Utterly horrendous stuff from Rory (as usual tbh when it comes to his Melbourne cup tips) - always gets sucked into the German/French slowies historically but with none of them rocking up this year he goes for Slowbor form? plz

Last edited:
Make or break for Mal tonight. Want to see a level somewhere between the Derby and Gordon runs

Eldar Eldarov worth watching too until he isn't coming

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 3 - PEN THE LOT OF THEM

Legit going to be last man standing in this years cup. All that is happening is horses are running themselves out of contention - not putting their hand up.

#1 DEAUVILLE LEGEND (L/W #1, $9.60) - The way things are going this thing will be starting sub $5 if it can get to the day in once piece. Pretty much everyone's on top selection already.
#2 GOLD TRIP (#3, $80) - Only Oz Bloodstock incompetence (and maybe the RV vets) stand between this thing and a 1000/1 Cups double moral.
#3 DUAIS (#4, $17.50) - Mares have a terrible record in the race and needs to show something this week in Sydney after a bog average first up run. Classiest local hope though.
#4 WITHOUT A FIGHT (#7, $40) - I don't even rate this guy and he is now into the top 4 despite being a fully exposed 5 year old who won't be good enough.
#5 SPANISH MISSION (#8, $18.50) - Can't win but might flop into a place again this year by default.
#6 MONTEFILIA (u/r, $36) - There isn't as much as people think between her and Duais and she resumes this week but I doubt she will stay 3200m down a well.
#7 HOO YA MAL (#2, $28) - He is completely cooked off that St Leger run but only stays on the list because there is nothing else around.
#8 SHERAZ (#9, $70) - Get's his chance to be punted off the list with a run in the Naturalism this week.
#9 SUREFIRE (#10, $40) - Poor man's Finche who can finish top 6 without getting near the winner
#10 MAKRAM (u/r, $100) - NFI if he will get the trip but is it at least in form and has shown a nice turn of foot a couple of times twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 3 - PEN THE LOT OF THEM

Legit going to be last man standing in this years cup. All that is happening is horses are running themselves out of contention - not putting their hand up.

#1 DEAUVILLE LEGEND (L/W #1, $9.60) - The way things are going this thing will be starting sub $5 if it can get to the day in once piece. Pretty much everyone's on top selection already.
#2 GOLD TRIP (#3, $80) - Only Oz Bloodstock incompetence (and maybe the RV vets) stand between this thing and a 1000/1 Cups double moral.
#3 DUAIS (#4, $17.50) - Mares have a terrible record in the race and needs to show something this week in Sydney after a bog average first up run. Classiest local hope though.
#4 WITHOUT A FIGHT (#7, $40) - I don't even rate this guy and he is now into the top 4 despite being a fully exposed 5 year old who won't be good enough.
#5 SPANISH MISSION (#8, $18.50) - Can't win but might flop into a place again this year by default.
#6 MONTEFILIA (u/r, $36) - There isn't as much as people think between her and Duais and she resumes this week but I doubt she will stay 3200m down a well.
#7 HOO YA MAL (#2, $28) - He is completely cooked off that St Leger run but only stays on the list because there is nothing else around.
#8 SHERAZ (#9, $70) - Get's his chance to be punted off the list with a run in the Naturalism this week.
#9 SUREFIRE (#10, $40) - Poor man's Finche who can finish top 6 without getting near the winner
#10 MAKRAM (u/r, $100) - NFI if he will get the trip but is it at least in form and has shown a nice turn of foot a couple of times twice.
Duais number 3 and to run 3200m?

Thoughts on Dark Destroyer?

Duais number 3 and to run 3200m?

Thoughts on Dark Destroyer?

Always a doubt until the try it but hard to think of many local horses that would shape as better stayers than Duais - will be massively up in the weights though and mares have a pox record (she is also already basically right up in the market).

Kiwi plodders haven't been relevant for ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back