Melbourne,Richmond season over

Remove this Banner Ad

giantpie

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Melbourne and Richmonds season is all but over.Both are winless,melbourne has lots of injuries and Richmond have a tough draw and after that wont recover.Melbourne and richmond fans might aswell start looking forward to next year

The sad thing is that all tiger supporters just keep looking forward....

Faith or the fact we are waiting for decent father and son picks as we recruit so poor.

Time machine would be handy right now.
Looking forward to what 2011 :D

haha look forward to next year.:rolleyes:
I feel sorry for Daniher he has half his team out and he is out of contract at seasons end.:(
I too feel sorry for the reverand. It was summed up as a top 4 finish or hed be gone. The football gods have certainly not smiled upon him.
Havent lost faith just yet, still possible to sneak into the finals, as we tend to string 5-6 winning games in a row, but with the injury list it looks like a BIG task.

I too feel sorry for the reverand. It was summed up as a top 4 finish or hed be gone. The football gods have certainly not smiled upon him.
Havent lost faith just yet, still possible to sneak into the finals, as we tend to string 5-6 winning games in a row, but with the injury list it looks like a BIG task.
a very BIG task

I personally think top 4 is beyond the Demons now but say if they sneak into the eight do you think Daniher would still get to keep his job ?

Melbourne and Richmonds season is all but over.Both are winless,melbourne has lots of injuries and Richmond have a tough draw and after that wont recover.Melbourne and richmond fans might aswell start looking forward to next year

I'll just look forward to next week and hope for improvement :)

Only ignorance gives up after 4 rounds, no matter how difficulty the task seems.

Our season is over, by the time we get our key forwards back, we will be out of the race.

Daniher would be better off playing the kids and passing on a better list to the new coach next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what are the chances out of 100% of Daniher being their next season ?
At this stage, 50/50.

I like him don't get me wrong, but 10 years at a club is a long time and I think hes done all he can with this list.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though, if he can turn it around, good on him but my money is on a new coach next year.

At this stage, 50/50.

I like him don't get me wrong, but 10 years at a club is a long time and I think hes done all he can with this list.

I'm happy to be proved wrong though, if he can turn it around, good on him but my money is on a new coach next year.

so who would you look to get?

agreed, the only good thing about this is we get a new coach

Nicely pointed out Captain obvious ,er giant pie. Richmond and Melbourne are definately not going to play finals this year. Nothing to play for now except pride or draft picks. I'm hoping for pride.

so who would you look to get?
Voss would be a good fit, just out of the game, could instill some toughness into us.

Lyon may be asked, but he'd be stupid to give up his media career.

Other than those two, I wouldn't mind if we made a move for Pagan.

TD is a good coach no questions about that atll....wallace is also a good coach.......both teams lack talent in the midfeild.....moden footy is won in the guts. look at essendon this season...they have some midfield zip and suddenly they are competitive again....

Por old Dees are even worse than we are. We are playing for pride now and 2007 is basically a non event for us both competitively. That said to be honest it would not surprise me if either or both of us finish ahead of the Pies who are as bad as we are and going nowhere.

Nothing to play for now except pride or draft picks. I'm hoping for pride.

Rubbish. One of the massive things we are playing for is to run some games into the experience bank of blokes like Deledio, Tambling, Polo, Raines, Polak, Foley, Howat, Pattison, Oakley-Nicholls, Edwards, maybe Connors, Casserley, Riewoldt, Meyer, White and a few other youngsters.

In addition to that, we can use the next 18 games to facilitate the further improvement of blokes like Hyde, Tuck, Newman, Pettifer, PBowden, Schulz, Krakuoer, etc. At the very least we'll be able to use the next five months to discover which of this latter group are poised to be part of the group to take us through hopefully a successful ensuing five years.

We're still yet to play Essendon, and have rematches against Collingwood and Carlton to also look forward to later in the season, so there's plenty to play for just in those three matches alone.

Don't expect too much in terms of ladder position ... just sit back and enjoy the improvement in our younger group.

Por old Dees are even worse than we are. We are playing for pride now and 2007 is basically a non event for us both competitively. That said to be honest it would not surprise me if either or both of us finish ahead of the Pies who are as bad as we are and going nowhere.

How come we have won two so far this season and you guys havent even one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back