Memory Lane: Fev's Last Shout - 2010 v the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Just trying something new where we sit around the proverbial campfire and discuss momentous games of years gone by. We've got quite a few great Pies related memories to fall back on but this one was probably the high point of a dismal year all round for the club.

Collingwood won the flag that year and lost only one other game after we beat them. So we were kind of like a top 4 side, right?

If you want to refresh your memory, here is the Lions board thread from the game: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-round-10-brisbane-lions-v-collingwood.711426/

The last quarter was just sensational by Fev, and the look on Micks face when Fev kicked the goal to put us in the lead is worth every penny we paid to get Fev at the club.

I remember thinking that at the time. Then the next few months happened!

The last quarter was just sensational by Fev, and the look on Micks face when Fev kicked the goal to put us in the lead is worth every penny we paid to get Fev at the club.

Lol, exactly!

I still have this game recorded, and really enjoy watching it from time to time....

Did thoroughly enjoy that game. Also can still remember Huddo's commentary... that bloke has had some seriously magic moments behind the mic for our team. Love his work.

Just out of interests sake, from the side's that night to this week's game;

Brisbane Lions
OUT: Power, Johnstone, Rich, Rischitelli, Maguire, Buchanan, Leuenberger, Rockliff, Sherman, Clark, Collier, Hawsley, Fevola, Sheldon, (Banfield)
5 injured/out of favour, 10 left the club

Collingwood
OUT: Thomas, Didak, Wellingham, Johnson, O'Bree, Wood, Toovey, Dawes, Beams, Anthony, Presitigiacomo
5 injured/out of favour, 6 left the club

One of my favourite games ever, really. Just a perfect storm that came off for us. I find it hard to think of Fev's time with us as bad whenever I watch this game.

Also, did have a laugh reading through the old thread and seeing people calling for Bartlett's inclusion. The more things change, the more they stay the same :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back