News Michael Johnson - Charged with assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think it's ok to.commit such an offense if you are white? I don't think anyone would agree with that, sarcastic or not. Racism will continue for as long as we label our fellow humans.
A heinous act is just that. No excuses can be made from a person's skin color.

That's his point.

Yes. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to answer a question with a question?

Personally, I think the idiotic trolling is coming from you. It would be difficult to find a more definitive example of what George Carlin was talking about when he said “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

ITS A DRAW!!!

This is a very worthwhile thread.

We've agreed that dropping you pants in a public place is a bad idea, especially if you happen to be a high profile person.

We've established that it seems to be perfectly legal to be a flog, however if things go pear shaped you may end up getting a smack.

We've also found that after 32 pages nobody has changed their opinion.

That my friends is time well spent :D

We've agreed that dropping you pants in a public place is a bad idea, especially if you happen to be a high profile person.

I actually think dropping your pants in public places is fine - it's just better if there aren't bystanders. But some people like that kind of thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

image.png

Massive overkill looking at the available video.

See how it pans out but I'd guess the piddler-bogan from Bunbury has pressed charges to attempt to save face.The coppers are obliged to follow it up because the CCTV documents a bit of a kindy scuffle.
From memory it's the piddler and his off-sider who instigated the physical confrontation before landing on their arses so self-defence seems a likely response.
Where they get the occasioning bodily harm from is beyond me;maybe a bit of ego-denting but didn't see anything worse.

Assault occasioning a dented pride would have been more appropriate. MJ should not have been in the situation to start with but everything from there is just ***.

The outcome of this charge will probably have more to with Johnson and the club's willingness to fight it, than what really happened.

I don't know people's, seems to be some rose-tinted glasses here. From I could see MJ throws the first punch at the friend who's floored. The 'school teacher' comes flying in, knocks MJ's Mrs over and is floored appropriately. It's the first punch to the other bloke that would have MJ nervous I would think.

Occasioning bodily harm - that Tim bloke bruised too easily :'(

An assault occasioning bodily harm is an offence where the person has suffered any kind of bodily injury which interferes with their health or comfort. Such injuries may include minor abrasions and bruises, or injuries that are still relatively minor but require medical attention. This offence is dealt with in either the Magistrates’ Court or the District Court. For cases heard in the District Court, the offence carries a maximum penalty of 5 years imprisonment; however, this may increase to 7 years imprisonment if the offence occurs in circumstances of aggravation. For cases heard in the Magistrates’ Court, the maximum penalty is 2 years imprisonment and a fine of $24,000, or, if the offence occurred in circumstances of aggravation, 3 years imprisonment and a fine of $36,000.

Read more: Assault Charges in Western Australia, Link: https://www.gotocourt.com.au/criminal-law/wa/assault/

wonder if the guy who tried the superman punch gets charged also, or does the law miss him because he has bad coordination

Pretty bored at work today waiting for the draft. A quick google returns all sentencing for AOBH prior to 2014 - these all look a lot more serious than MJs. So taking off my purple tinted spectacles, I'ld be very surprised if the case wasn't dismissed. Club will no doubt impose their own punishment.

http://www.dpp.wa.gov.au/_files/aobh_317_1.pdf

I don't know people's, seems to be some rose-tinted glasses here. From I could see MJ throws the first punch at the friend who's floored. The 'school teacher' comes flying in, knocks MJ's Mrs over and is floored appropriately. It's the first punch to the other bloke that would have MJ nervous I would think.

I think the teacher was the one in the white shirt. The man with the dark shirt was the one who knocked Mrs Johnson over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back