Milne, Blake and Kosi

Remove this Banner Ad

In honour of Blakey's retirement... (if only I could find a better version)

rwUCyl5.png

that is epic!!!!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to drop in pay my respects to the great Stephen Milne. My best friend is a saints supporter and i've watched many of St. Kilda games, if anything you guys are like my second team. It's sad to see one the games greatest small forwards ever, leave the game. He has battled with off-field problems at times and on-field scrutiny at all times with a level of professionalism expected upon him.

Looking forward to our next games chaps, always enjoy a Saints ~ Pies Clash.

Best wishes :)

So lets speculate on who is going to chair them all off.

Kosi - Rooey and Lenny
Milney - Montagna and DalSanto
Blake - Gilbert and Dempster/Jones?

Stephen Milne: one of the greatest small forwards in AFL history

574 goals puts him at equal 35th on the all time goalkicking table. Perhaps that team celebration of his 4th yesterday was because he'd just passed Jonathan Brown's tally.

So lets speculate on who is going to chair them all off.

Kosi - Rooey and Lenny
Milney - Montagna and DalSanto
Blake - Gilbert and Dempster/Jones?

Hopefully they'll get the heights a bit more balanced than that :p Maybe Rooey and McEvoy for Kosi, they'll need a fair bit of strength to keep the big fella up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be very sad to see these three boys go, they in part represent the best and most successful era the club has had since the 1960's.

I was disappointed at the way it was handled, Eddie has no business jumping the gun and take away the players right to announce whether they are playing or or retiring, and to hear him going on about what wonderful players they was a bit sickening, he clearly meant none of it and was exceedingly proud of himself that he had ruined the moment for Lenny, Kosi, Stevie and Neil.

I unfortunately can't be there on Saturday, but I hope we send off the boys in the right way and crush those hopeless Frockers, and that Stevie doesn't get booed, he deserves one game where he hears only cheering!

Milney - Ultimate goal sneak and arguably the best small forward to have played the game.
Blakey - Consummate clubman who epitomizes loyalty and unwavering delivery of everything he had.
Kosi - Awesome kid early in his career and has been unlucky with injury but loyal to a tee.

All have been great for the club and I wish them well in the future!

I was disappointed at the way it was handled, Eddie has no business jumping the gun and take away the players right to announce whether they are playing or or retiring, and to hear him going on about what wonderful players they was a bit sickening, he clearly meant none of it and was exceedingly proud of himself that he had ruined the moment for Lenny, Kosi, Stevie and Neil.
You're setting the bar high for a guy who is still behind the mic after his Adam Goodes/King Kong gaffe.

It will be very sad to see these three boys go, they in part represent the best and most successful era the club has had since the 1960's.

I unfortunately can't be there on Saturday, but I hope we send off the boys in the right way and crush those hopeless Frockers, and that Stevie doesn't get booed, he deserves one game where he hears only cheering!

I think if one club has an appreciation for Stevie Milne and the qualities he brings to the side it is the hopeless Frockers.

I really hope Kosi gets up;

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl.../story-e6frf3e3-1226705686959?from=public_rss

Let him roam around for a quarter and a bit (I reckon green vest), let him crash a few packs and kick a couple. o_O

Would be good to see Blake & Milney play out their last games in full, with both able to have an influence on the match, even if we aren't to win it.

Well done fellas, have thoroughly enjoyed your careers and what you have each brought to the table for the Saints over your respective journeys. :thumbsu:

Can't read the article above (hence a few quotes are good - particularly as the link can disappear over time!!!).

So this may be a duplication:

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2013-08-28/kosi-confident-hell-play

Kosi trained on Wednesday, albeit with strapping encasing his left leg from the knee down, but must get through Friday's session as well.

"I feel comfortable; I've just got to get through training without being injured again. I know I can get out there and be competitive; I've done the work. The coach wants me to [play] but if I get through training and prove that I'm fit … I've got a couple more boxes to tick.

"I've done the rehab diligently and everything has come to a point where I'm fit enough to play AFL footy again."

"It's probably turned into a bit of a saga it shouldn't have but at the end of the day, it's not about what I was going to do and the milestone [of 200 games]. That's not what the year was about. Clearly early on in the year, I realised it was going to be my last year of AFL footy and it was never about finishing and trying to play 200 games. I had to really focus on what my purpose was about and it was about growing the great group around us and celebrating what sort of legacy we could leave."

not gonna lie, i've got no doubt it's gonna be an emotional day for the me haha I was a big fan of Kosi from 07 - 09 people really under rate those 3 years. Blakey whilst fustrating me sometimes i grown to love the guy and the way he went about it. As for Milne, well i don't think i need to say he's the greatest small forward to play the game. All i hope from this game is for Freo to feel abit of the love and not win by 100 +

Remove this Banner Ad

Back