News NAB Cup round 1 squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here it is;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/129049/default.aspx

Collingwood NAB Cup Squad - Round One, 2012

1. Alex Fasolo
6. Tyson Goldsack
12. Luke Ball (captain)
13. Dale Thomas
15. Jarrod Witts
18. Darren Jolly
22. Steele Sidebottom
23. Lachlan Keeffe
25. Tom Young
27. Simon Buckley
28. Ben Sinclair
29. Jonathon Ceglar
30. Brent Macaffer
31. Chris Dawes
33. Jackson Paine
34. Alan Toovey
36. Dane Swan
38. Peter Yagmoor
39. Heath Shaw
40. Paul Seedsman
45. Lachlan Smith (r)
46. Marley Williams (r)
47. Michael Hartley (r)
48. Caolan Mooney (r)
50. Shae McNamara (r)

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/129049/default.aspx

About what we expected, and we get to see Mooney and Witts on an AFL ground.:D

I posted this in the other thread but it's more relevant here.

Even though it's young there is stil a core of our top players, especially around the clearances where the ball is won. No Cloke and pretty much none of the regular KPDs will be interesting. Then again GWS and WB don't really have intimidating forwards.

Squad of 25 with only eight walk up best 22 players.

Great to see heaps of kids getting game time.

I'd argue with the "eight walk ups", I reckon there's more (Caff and Fasolo walk in IMO), but I get the point, it is a real thinned out representation.

No Ugle?:confused:

Dogs Side:
WESTERN BULLDOGS
1. Jarrad Grant, 2. Robert Murphy, 3. Mitch Wallis, 4. Daniel Cross, 5. Matthew Boyd, 8. Patrick Veszpremi, 10. Easton Ward, 12. Tom Williams, 13. Daniel Giansiracusa, 14. Clay Smith, 16. Ryan Griffen, 19. Liam Jones, 21. Tom Liberatore, 22. Dylan Addison, 23. Jordan Roughead, 25. Ryan Hargrave, 26. Zephaniah Skinner, 27. Will Minson, 29. Tory Dickson, 30. Christian Howard, 32, Michael Talia, 37. Lukas Markovic, 40. Luke Dahlhaus, 42, Liam Picken, 48. Matthew Panos, 49. Ayce Cordy

Injured or Playing NAB Cup RD 2?
I'd say he's just part of the rotational policy, no Cloke, Pendles, Maxy etc who are all fit, they'll play round 2, just strange not to see Ugle there with Krak, Dids etc all missing, thought it would have been his chance to shine.

Giants Side:

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
1. Phil Davis, 2. Curtly Hampton, 3. Stephen Coniglio, 4. Israel Folau, 6. Luke Power, 8. Callan Ward, 9. Tom Scully, 11. Chad Cornes, 13. Sam Darley, 14. Tomas Bugg, 15. Tim Golds, 16. Nathan Wilson, 18. Jeremy Cameron, 19. Nick Haynes, 20. Adam Tomlinson, 22. Shaun Edwards, 23. Sam Reid, 24. Steve Clifton, 25. Anthony Miles, 26. Jonathan Giles, 27. Andrew Phillips, 28. Liam Sumner, 29. Dom Tyson, 31. Jacob Townsend, 32. Gerald Ugle, 34. Devon Smith, 35. Toby Greene, 36. Jack Hombsch, 38. James McDonald, 39. Tim Mohr, 42. Mark Whiley, 44. Tom Downie, 47. Josh Bruce, 49. Rhys Cooyou

My initial reaction to that GWS squad;

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif

ru9z4y.gif

:D

It would appear that winning the preseason cup is less of a priority than last year from the selections here.

Great to see Bucks give some new fresh faces some opportunity.

Will be great to see Witts, Paine, Yagmoor and Mooney up close albeit in a practice match.

Have high hopes for Goldsack and Macaffer this season too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see Bucks give some new fresh faces some opportunity.

Will be great to see Witts, Paine, Yagmoor and Mooney up close albeit in a practice match.

Have high hopes for Goldsack and Macaffer this season too.

Couldn't agree more, like a glimps into the future. Very exciting.

Also keen to see more of Shae Mac, see if he has what it takes in the big time.

I also have high expectations of Goldsack this year.

I'll have a go at a lineup:

B: Goldsack Hartley Toovey
HB: Young Keeffe Buckley
C: DThomas Swan Shaw
HF: Sinclair Dawes Paine
F: Fasolo Witts MacAffer
FOLL: Jolly Ball (c) Sidebottom
INTER: Ceglar, Yagmoor, Seedsman, Smith, Williams, Mooney, McNamara

How many will miss? I thought it was 3... If so I'd say Smith, Williams and one of McNamara or Mooney.

No Higgins, Gilbee, Cooney, Sherman, Lake or Morris, to name a few, not their strongest squad either.

They'll still get the job done against us though. The bulldogs will be much better in 2012 than 2011, but there is also the fact that they started pre-season 6 weeks before us.

We'll be right to go come the real stuff, but I expect us to just be a touch of their pace. Which isn't a bad thing at this stage of the year anyway!

They'll still get the job done against us though. The bulldogs will be much better in 2012 than 2011, but there is also the fact that they started pre-season 6 weeks before us.

We'll be right to go come the real stuff, but I expect us to just be a touch of their pace. Which isn't a bad thing at this stage of the year anyway!

I see it as 1st vs about 9th here, if both teams were full strength.

But obviously we aren't, the dogs will rely on youth a lot to drive them forward in 2012 and beyond, and they have 3 absolute rippers in Jones, Libba jnr and Wallis jnr, they can build their list around that almost.

I still maintain they should have traded Lake for whatever they could have got for him from a side like the Suns or a premiership contending side, but that's another conversation.

They are missing their clear best player, Cooney, which means whatever they do against us, it won't be devastating.

Having said that, I don't mind if we lose to them, because that means we are out of NAB cup final calculations almost immediately, and we can then treat the remaining 2 games as practice matches.

Odds by the way for our matches;

Pies 1.02
GWS 13.00 (make it 100-1 and you might be accurate)

Pies 1.55
Dogs 2.55

I'd say the Dogs will be backed in from that price.

Intensity and desire plays a huge part in the NAB Cup, especially in the opening rounds. If a team has a big preseason, is wanting the win and throwing their bodies around/tackling hard/running & chasing hard then chances are they'll win, even if they're a wooden spoon side.

yeah unfortunately for this NAB season there are only 2 regular players on the interchange and theres two substitute players instead of the normal one.

So perhaps they'll play Mooney for his great fitness, and for development purposes/unearthing the next talent, Im hoping they dont play Buckley (who I dont rate), and rookies not likely to push for senior selection this year (most likely Smith & Williams), and so am guessing that they will name at least one of these as one of the substitute players

Ceglar, Witts, McNamara

to come on for Jolly halfway through the game considering that with the reduced bench they cant have too many talls on the ground at once.

Must say that Im also suprised to not see Ugle or Rounds.

It would appear that winning the preseason cup is less of a priority than last year from the selections here.
Agreed. If they are serious, you'd expect to see at least some of Wellingham, Pendles, Maxwell, Beams and Cloke out there.

We know about Didak and Johnson but do we have more problems than they've indicated? You'd think that two short games would be an ideal opportunity to give almost everyone a brief, intensive hitout.

Rapped with the squad - get to see what see what these kids are made of.

Especially looking forward to see Seedsman.

Think he'll play at times throughout the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back