Traded Nakia Cockatoo [traded to Brisbane for 2021 R3 (Melb)]

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane would be a popular choice for any player wanting a change of scenery. Great coach, great set up, and the players look genuinely happy.

It wasnt that long ago they were having 5 way ties for the BnF just to stop their top players quitting.

Agree.

For real though if we could get Witherden for Cocky + a pick that would surely suit both teams and probably both players

It would suit both players but Brisbane are in the window and guys like birxhall are old I doubt they will trade witherden.

It would suit both players but Brisbane are in the window and guys like birxhall are old I doubt they will trade witherden.
Probably not, my thinking though is that he is depth at the moment and IF they can get Cocky on the field he is probably ahead of Witherden anyway

A future 3rd rounder seems likely

I mean we got a future 3rd for walker from them so I'd hope the same for cockatoo but I am realistic that his injuries lower his trade value.

Walker + #Jansen200, in any case the expect place of that future third would be around 8 spots later

Agreed it worked out to be pick 43 (esava) but as they are a top 8 Team now it would be in the 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Witherden won't be going anywhere still just 21 and will get his chance when Birchall retires. If he isn't best 22 in a few years he may look elsewhere

We will ask about him but won't get him. We will end up getting a future 3rd/4th for cockatoo.

Probably not, my thinking though is that he is depth at the moment and IF they can get Cocky on the field he is probably ahead of Witherden anyway
They play different positions. Witherden is a rebounding defender and Birchall's understudy. There's no question of one being ahead of the other.

If he comes to the Lions hopefully he turns out like McCarthy and not Adams who is looking like a bust injury wise

Adams problem is obvious IMO. He's too big in the upper body, too much weight for those legs and ankles to carry around.

I've been saying for a while, Cockatoo needs to move somewhere warmer. Brisbane or Perth.

Get the hell out of cold, miserable Geelong.

Can’t wait for the AFL to become more like American sports
We’ve given him chance after chance and spent so much time on him.
We showed faith in him and then it’s reported he doesn’t want to take a 1 year contract as he wants security.

How about showing some loyalty, we may not have picked you this year but we got you back to playing.
Without us getting you back on the park you wouldn’t even be getting a contract anywhere.

Don’t want blokes like you at the club, wish we got to choose who we sent him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back