NBA PLAY-IN Week - Find yourself someone who loves you

Who is the NBA's truest romantic?

• The city of Washington - most other people would have offered to drive the Wiz to Virginia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glen Taylor - his devotion to the suffering of Wolves fans is truly inspiring

• Doc Rivers - if Pat Bev's leg had fallen off, Doc would still have traded for him

• Tom Thibodeau - when he says he loves you to death, he means it literally

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • NBA officials and the Lakers - still a better love story than Twilight

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suns are no chance against either Oklahoma or the Clippers. 5 or 6 game series.
Rest of the series are pretty much 50/50. Even against the Nuggets.

Boston or Philidelphia to win the east. Other teams wasting their time rocking up.
What you smoking? Knicks , Cavs and Bucks better units than 76ers.

I think Miami beat Philly anyway and Philly have to face Boston.

If Embiid didn't miss 30 games Philidelphia would've been second seed with their eyes closed.

With Embiid 31-8...
Without him 16-27

There's obviously games where Maxey missed as well but anyone who doesn't think they're the proper two seed in the East is smoking whatever you thought I was.

The Pels will always let you down. Unbelievable.

We had a better road record than Boston, still contrived to qualify for the play ins.

It's weird that such a good team ends up in the play-in - plus the other 3 teams are capable of fluking a big win on any given night.

I need Sac to get to the playoffs so we can get their lottery protected 1st rounder. Go Sac! In fact I think I'd prefer Sac to win more than the Hawks. Ending up in the 8th seed would be selfish as it means Boston don't get the opportunity to choke against the Heat or Philly.

Anyone check out the Grizzly home court?

"The slate-gray design is meant to be an homage to the blacktop courts that the majority of basketball players used to play on in their youth. "
Not homage to the colour scheme of Ja’s firearms?
Coach Vogel said today’s win is a snapshot of what the team could be if it plays like this all the time.

orly?
He is a cerebral assassin.
The Pels will always let you down. Unbelievable.

We had a better road record than Boston, still contrived to qualify for the play ins.
Didn’t let me down mate!

If Embiid didn't miss 30 games Philidelphia would've been second seed with their eyes closed.

With Embiid 31-8...
Without him 16-27

There's obviously games where Maxey missed as well but anyone who doesn't think they're the proper two seed in the East is smoking whatever you thought I was.

With Embiid 31-8...
Without him 16-27

On your logic if Randle doesn’t miss the last 30 Knicks game they finish 2nd seed and it not even be remotely close for a 2nd place finished 😉

There’s 4 teams clearly better than Philly Embiid or not. Personally I think Miami will beat them in the play in and they won’t get past Boston in the next round.

NBA PLAY-IN HERE NOW
With todays crazy results we have finally made it to the holy grail - no not the In Season Tournament final...but the Play-Ins! So much blood, sweat and tears have been poured into the final stretch of games by not only the players, coaches, athletic staff, but also the loyal posters here.

Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 4.40.37 PM.png

So in the West, the Kings and Warriors renew hostilities stemming from the 2023 first round which saw a warriors 4-3 series win. Last year they were seeded 3 and 6, whereas today they occupy the lowest trenches of the play in. In the double chance game, the Pelicans blew a chance to ascend to 6th by losing to the Lakers, host the Lakers. The Lakers Anthony Davis has declared himself a starter but you know....

In the East, the sudden death game features two teams with losing records - stewie griffen and his Bulls against the Hawks. Arguably the best 7th seed in history on paper, the 76ers. Embiid is back, although missed the final game. As did KJ Martin who is suffering a toe contusion. I had to google toe contusion.

The Play-In Tournament sits between April 16-19. NBA Playoffs: Begin April 20 where Son of Skeletor will grace us with another piece of literary art.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grayson Allen extends 4/70.

The Suns have really gone from one extreme to the other in terms of spending when moving from Sarver to Ishbia.

The Portland Trail Blazers signed wing Taze Moore. Moore will play in the Trail Blazers regular season finale on Sunday.

Moore was previously with Portland on a 10-day contract in late January. He appeared in three NBA games.

The 6-foot-5 wing spent most of the season with the Rip City Remix of the G League, after starting the season with the Texas Legends. In 41 total G League games, Moore averaged 12.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.4 steals.

Perhaps the second best sporting name going around after the mighty Thailand War Elephants.

Also wonder if Taze Moore has ever guarded Kent Bazemore?

A fit 76ers has been the second best team in the East this year imo. No guarantee that translates to the playoffs but I certainly wouldn’t be having them 5th among those teams.

On your logic if Randle doesn’t miss the last 30 Knicks game they finish 2nd seed and it not even be remotely close for a 2nd place finished 😉

There’s 4 teams clearly better than Philly Embiid or not. Personally I think Miami will beat them in the play in and they won’t get past Boston in the next round.
Except randle isn’t Embiid though, let’s be real here.

I don’t buy for a second that 4 teams are clearly better with Embiid fit. The only team CLEARLY better are the Celtics.

Grayson Allen extends 4/70.

The Suns have really gone from one extreme to the other in terms of spending when moving from Sarver to Ishbia.

Still seems like yesterday he was the most hated player in college basketball.

The Portland Trail Blazers signed wing Taze Moore. Moore will play in the Trail Blazers regular season finale on Sunday.

Moore was previously with Portland on a 10-day contract in late January. He appeared in three NBA games.

The 6-foot-5 wing spent most of the season with the Rip City Remix of the G League, after starting the season with the Texas Legends. In 41 total G League games, Moore averaged 12.5 points, 5.2 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 1.4 steals.

Perhaps the second best sporting name going around after the mighty Thailand War Elephants.

Also wonder if Taze Moore has ever guarded Kent Bazemore?

In other news, I am ECSTATIC with the LA Sparks Cameron Brink pick.
GLPoLTgWgAAm8WT.jpg:large

Still seems like yesterday he was the most hated player in college basketball.
The Duke uniform has that effect.

People forget the days when we were perennial bridesmaids...

FINAL GAMESCORE MVP STANDINGS

Jokic wins his 3rd MVP (his 4th in a row using this method), leaping over Shai in the last month who led for the majority of the season. LeBron makes the top 10 again for the first time since 2020 and the sixteenth time of his career total.

mvp.png

RANKPLAYERTEAMGmSc/GPWINS PLAYEDMVP SCOREWINS BEHIND
1.Nikola JokicDEN26.8551472-
2.Shai Gilgeous-AlexanderOKC25.95514222
3.Luka DoncicDAL28.14612917
4.Giannis AntetokounmpoMIL26.945120810
5.Jayson TatumBOS20.957119314
6.Anthony DavisLAL23.445105218
7.Jalen BrunsonNYK21.449104720
8.Anthony EdwardsMIN18.754100925
9.Domantas SabonisSAC20.94696124
10.LeBron JamesLAL22.54192325